• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New free water policy in parks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else see this regarding the free ice water in the parks?
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...ingdom-free-water-front-here-are-the-details/

I noticed this recent article and thought the information provided is not really new. Since re opening, it's been tougher to get cups of water. The QS mobile ordering locations generally don't let people in just to ask for water. Plus so many locations are just closed. I personally have started carrying a reusable water bottle again. I ask for a couple cups at a time so I can drink my fill and put some in my thermal bottle.

This brings up an interesting thought... to me anyway. Are the water fountains still open for use? Talk about something that people have to stuff their face into to get a drink. That's putting a lot of people's germ spreaders in close proximity. Have they installed more of the bottle fillers around the parks? We always carried the Brita filter bottles and used the water fountains. Not cold, but wet and it cuts the sulfur taste out of the water that's prevalent in some of the property.

This brings up an interesting thought... to me anyway. Are the water fountains still open for use? Talk about something that people have to stuff their face into to get a drink. That's putting a lot of people's germ spreaders in close proximity. Have they installed more of the bottle fillers around the parks? We always carried the Brita filter bottles and used the water fountains. Not cold, but wet and it cuts the sulfur taste out of the water that's prevalent in some of the property.
water fountains are operational, they have not installed more of the bottle filling stations. I've seen them at Cosmic Rays, FoP queue and MFSR exit. I know there are more just can't remember where.
You can easily get water from first aid at all parks and also like the article says, quick services that don't offer MO

Not only have they not installed more other than 1 at Epcot by the new Starbucks, you can’t use the only one that exists at MK. It’s in Cosmic Rays. I asked at an off time when they were clearly dead and was not allowed in to use the bottle filler. Very environmentally unfriendly. I also have not seen the coolers around BSO that they had last summer.

water fountains are operational, they have not installed more of the bottle filling stations. I've seen them at Cosmic Rays, FoP queue and MFSR exit. I know there are more just can't remember where.
You can easily get water from first aid at all parks and also like the article says, quick services that don't offer MO
The one at Cosmic Ray's was shut down two weeks ago. It appears it was shut down to maintain social distancing. This was the day mobile ordering went down, so it might have been just because people had to line up to order their food that day.

I did not think of the water situation. I need quite a bit for medication. I will have to plan this out now too.

I really wish they had free ice dispensers with the water, I usually fill my hydroflask with mostly ice and refill as needed with cold water.

I just like really cold water, lol.

I did not think of the water situation. I need quite a bit for medication. I will have to plan this out now too.
. Easiest for mk and dhs is to head to first aid
Epcot and ak is a bit trickier because of the size.

I really wish they had free ice dispensers with the water, I usually fill my hydroflask with mostly ice and refill as needed with cold water.

I just like really cold water, lol.

Pre-covid you could go to the self-serve soda fountains and get ice and water. Every park but MK has at least one.

The baby care centers also have water coolers, as well as sinks if you don't mind filling up from tap water.

Yeah, I was thinking post-covid those machines are probably not available =(

I guess I could just ask?

Can’t get in without mobile order. Only outside counter service are doing free water, and it’s always in a cup. To help the environment you mostly now have to take a risk and use a fountain, as bottle refill stations are few.

Can’t get in without mobile order. Only outside counter service are doing free water, and it’s always in a cup. To help the environment you mostly now have to take a risk and use a fountain, as bottle refill stations are few.
Or wait until a slow time, between meals, it's easy to go in

Or wait until a slow time, between meals, it's easy to go in

You seem to have much better luck with things like this 🤣 Every time we’ve tried, no matter if the place was busy or not, we’ve been directed somewhere different- except for Auntie Gravity, it’s always been an outside place.

You seem to have much better luck with things like this 🤣 Every time we’ve tried, no matter if the place was busy or not, we’ve been directed somewhere different- except for Auntie Gravity, it’s always been an outside place.
Hmm that's strange

Does anyone know if the filling station by the HS bus stop restrooms is working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter