• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Francilien annual passport = POSSIBLE good value!

bavaria

<font color=deeppink>Makes the best of both worlds
300 days per year for only eu89, or visit the AP sponsorship thread and get your AP for only eu80! This AP replaces the old proximity pass, and is open to all. (ie you DON'T need to be a local or even French to buy the pass) The pass pays for itself in under two days of visits.

*** edited to add see the post below about not using the pass for 2nd and 3rd day after purchase? ****

This pass won't afford all the discounts of the higher level passes, but if your visit coincides with the 300 days of use, it may be worth considering...

Enjoy!!

Are you sure ? It sounds great.Do you know where I can find a list of what the blackout days are? :thumbsup2

definitely! quoted my Annual Pass slip - off to pull it out of the suitcase to look for blackout dates - back shortly!

Francilien est accessible a tous (available to all). Same price for adults and children from 3 years

black out dates

Dec 26-31 inclusive

Jan 1, 2
Feb 24 - 28 inc
Mar 1, 2, 10, 11, 24, 25, 31
Apr 1, 4-9 inc 29, 30
May 1, 7, 8 17 18 19 27 28
Jun none listed
Jul 14-22 inc
Aug 11-19 inc
Oct 28-31
Nov 1, 2
Dec26-31 inc

Jan 1, 2
March 8, 9, 15, 26, 22-24 inc
Apr 11-20 inc
May 1-4 inc 8-12 inc
Jul 5, 6, 12-18 inc, 26, 27
Aug 9-17 inc, 30, 31

25% discount on Halloween party ticket

10% discount on boutiques on one day

10% discount on restaurant used once

add parking to the pass for 24 euros

FAB :thumbsup2

Than you for getting back to me so quickly. I sent some friends to buy passes on Friday with sponsor forms I hope they got this deal !

We'll definitely use this for the Grannies for our Jan / Jun trip's next year . None of the blackout days affect us ! :goodvibes

Happy to help - I am currently deciding if I should hop on the train to go to DLRP again tomorrow or see some more sights in Paris - it's definitely a luxury to be in Paris for at least a month and have so many choices!

Are you sure the Francilien year pass is not the one that is only available to people who live in the departments around DLP?

The Francillien is replacing the Proximity AP, which did require you to live near DLP. According to this article from dlrpmagic, the Francillien is "available to everyone, regardless of where you live." I presume it means regardless of where you live in the world, not just in France.

My sister bought this pass as it was cheaper than buying a 3 day hopper which was a fantastic deal as she has no intention of going back.My mum was paying so it was a free holiday for her!

Hi all!

According to the offical site, anyone can get this passport. Not just people who live locally. More than likely this was because people were reading that it only cost 36 euros to upgrade to be told, sorry it's not for you.

Though remember there are black out days and no discounts on food and merchandise etc.

Mart

When we were there on Friday because my sister was only there for 3 days we bought this pass for her.On Saturday her card would not let her through the turnstile.The CM looked at the card and told us that this type of card would not let you into the park until 48 hours after purchase!!!!!!!!

We were not told this when bought but got my sister into the park and back to the Passport office.Another CM told us the same thing.At this point my DH did start to loose the plot (who would buy a pass that doesnt let you in to the park for 2 days after purchase).They could not produce anything in writing to say this and my DH cannot find anything on the net.

In the end they gave my sister a letter to produce everytime she wanted in the park.

So is this strange rule real or fictional.We never got an answer although my DH is going to email them.

Real or not real! You decide :rotfl:

Le Passport Annuel Francilien ne permet pas l'acces aux 2 Parcs Disney les 2me et 3me jour suivant l'etablissement du Passeport Annuel definitif aisi que les jours de restriciton indiques ci-dessous

Passport Annuel Francilien does not allow access to the 2 Disney Parks the 2nd and 3rd day following the establishment of the Annual Passport as well as the days of restriciton indicated below

WOW sorry I missed this important info listed inside the Annual Passport brochure. I don't really understand this restriction other than maybe they are trying to dissuade non-locals from buying this type of pass??

They were really marketing this pass heavily with signage all around the entrance area.... about how it pays for itself after just two visits. I wonder if one can do it like Disneyland California - I recently bought a 3 day Hopper and on day 3 upgraded to an annual pass, which is how Guest Relations recommended doing it??

Passport Annuel Francilien does not allow access to the 2 Disney Parks the 2nd and 3rd day following the establishment of the Annual Passport as well as the days of restriciton indicated below

Excuse me, but.... :furious: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :furious:

I do understand that it probably could have rendered the two and three day pass obsolete! But it's still really annoying!!

bavaria said:
I wonder if one can do it like Disneyland California - I recently bought a 3 day Hopper and on day 3 upgraded to an annual pass, which is how Guest Relations recommended doing it??

I doubt it :sad2: If you buy anything more than a one day hopper, they would have to give you money back - and I doubt they would want to do that!!!

Thats our question answered then.Thanks for that.At least they were kind enough to let my sister in and override this rule.

BRobson said:
Thats our question answered then.Thanks for that.At least they were kind enough to let my sister in and override this rule.

Yes, that was very decent of them :)

Hi,

I've just got back from DLP and can confirm the 48hr rule, though we were warned about it in the passport office. We decided on getting fantasy passes in the end which are still decent value.

I knew it seemed too good to be true!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter