• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New FP+ Rule and Park Hopper

KristyBox

Earning My Ears
I understand why Disney changed the rule and said that you must be checked into a park to use a FP+ in that park, but want to make sure I understand how this works with a Park Hopper ticket.

On one day in July, we plan to go to Hollywood in the morning. We were lucky enough to score a Flight of Passage FP+ in Animal Kingdom much later that afternoon. We won't be using any FPs in Hollywood. Instead, we'll wait in lines and eat lunch in Hollywood.

Later, we plan to leave and enter Animal Kingdom. At that point, we'll start using our 3 FP+s for the day, all in Animal Kingdom.

We just want to make sure that our Flight of Passage FP+ won't be canceled due to us checking in at Hollywood in the morning.

Anyone know? Anyone did this (one park, left, new park, passes only in new park)?

I understand why Disney changed the rule and said that you must be checked into a park to use a FP+ in that park, but want to make sure I understand how this works with a Park Hopper ticket.

On one day in July, we plan to go to Hollywood in the morning. We were lucky enough to score a Flight of Passage FP+ in Animal Kingdom much later that afternoon. We won't be using any FPs in Hollywood. Instead, we'll wait in lines and eat lunch in Hollywood.

Later, we plan to leave and enter Animal Kingdom. At that point, we'll start using our 3 FP+s for the day, all in Animal Kingdom.

We just want to make sure that our Flight of Passage FP+ won't be canceled due to us checking in at Hollywood in the morning.

Anyone know? Anyone did this (one park, left, new park, passes only in new park)?
You'll be checking into Animal Kingdom before using the FPs, so that won't be a problem.

From the way things have been described, it sounds like you would not have any problems until you tried to use a fastpass in a park that you had not scanned your ticket for.

So in your case, it doesn't seem like you would have any problem. BUT I have not heard any reports about someone doing what you plan to do. Good luck.

I am curious how this works for the express transportation inside the parks. Do you scan your ticket at the second park when using Express transportation?

Whew. This is why a lawyer (me) should never read the "guidelines." :) I read them like a lawyer and overreact.

I don't know about Express Transportation, but we opted not to do it anyway. We'll just drive our car that day since we get free parking for staying in the resort. My only concern was that they would cancel any non-Hollywood FP+s on entry to Hollywood.

I am curious how this works for the express transportation inside the parks. Do you scan your ticket at the second park when using Express transportation?

You have to scan your band to enter a park to get to the express transportation.

The thing Disney wants to prevent is ppl using FP's with bands that aren't used by that person in the park.

Everyone's trying to look too far into this. If you're not deceiving the system, you're fine.

You are fine, Disney wants you to Park Hop because it's gives them more money. Most people go to a park and use their FP's there then go to another park later in the afternoon or the evening.

You do not scan at the new park. As others have indicated, hopping is not an issue, nor is using FPs late in the day. As long as your FPs are attached to the ticket you are using you are golden. Don't fret, all. Have fun.

I am very positive that you'll be fine, but you could be extra-paranoid like us and print out all of your FP confirmation sheets and carry them around with you just in case anything happens :)

Can you get a 4th FP+ for a park you aren't in yet? We're planning to hop to a second park in the evening but want to try for a FP+ in the second park after using our original three in the first park.

(More specifically, were planning to use all of our FP+ at MK by noon, but won't be hopping to DHS until after 6 pm. After using FP+ #3 in MK, we'd like to book a FP+ for a ride in DHS - while we're still in MK. If we wait to try for a FP+ in DHS once we arrive at 6 pm or so, there aren't likely to be many, if any, left.)

Is this possible?

Can you get a 4th FP+ for a park you aren't in yet? We're planning to hop to a second park in the evening but want to try for a FP+ in the second park after using our original three in the first park.

(More specifically, were planning to use all of our FP+ at MK by noon, but won't be hopping to DHS until after 6 pm. After using FP+ #3 in MK, we'd like to book a FP+ for a ride in DHS - while we're still in MK. If we wait to try for a FP+ in DHS once we arrive at 6 pm or so, there aren't likely to be many, if any, left.)

Is this possible?

Yep. The moment you tap into FP 3, look for your HS one.

From the way things have been described, it sounds like you would not have any problems until you tried to use a fastpass in a park that you had not scanned your ticket for.

So in your case, it doesn't seem like you would have any problem. BUT I have not heard any reports about someone doing what you plan to do. Good luck.
LOL People do it all. The. Time.

Is this possible?

It is possible, but you need a smart phone or some kind of technology with the MDE app on it in order to do it. I only point this out because my android is not compatible with MDE (for some unknown reason), so I cannot do it, but DH can with his phone.

LOL People do it all. The. Time.
Obviously. There's a lot of things people did all the time before the crackdown. That's why the poster had the question.

Should have said "doing what you plan to do - since the crackdown."

ETA: I should also add, that park-hopping like this would not even remotely be considered part of the loophole that they were cracking down on. But if they're implementing some new software catches, there's always a chance there's mistake.

Not directly due to this issue, but people have, on rare occasion, reported "losing" fastpasses from their account.

Last edited:
Can confirm that FP+ in second park of the day only = no issue and that getting FP+ in second park after using 3 in first park = no issue. We were there last week after the changes happened and did both of those things. When we were still in line for our 3rd FP at MK I got a RNR FP+ for when some of us park hopped to HS in the evening! I was so psyched!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter