New Figment Meet & Greet

BK2014

DIS Veteran
The new Figment character meet started today at EPCOT at 10:00am. We got in line at 9:40am and the line was looong, which we expected. We were told that there was the line outside, and then a line inside. By 11:00am, the outside line had moved about 10 yards, which means we had only made one turn in the queue. We are not sure why it was moving so slow, even for a meet and greet. A castmember told us it would be at least another hour outside, and then another hour inside. By the pace the line was moving, we estimated that the outside time would be much longer, unless the pace increased dramatically. It was hot with no shade and no clouds. So we left the line shortly after 11:00am. We will be back.

Hopefully other will report back with their successful stories of meeting Figment.

Following for more reports! We go in 3 weeks and hoping the hype will have died down a bit by then.

Inquiring minds wonder how many of those who are waiting in line for a meet and greet with Figment are children vs. how many are adults? I'm guessing that this is one M&G where the majority are adults. How many movies or cartoons has Figment been in? And look for clothes with Figment's picture on them. How many are children's sizes vs how many are adult sizes?

Hopefully the newness dies down by the time I go in December (after Thanksgiving but a few weeks before Christmas)

Inquiring minds wonder how many of those who are waiting in line for a meet and greet with Figment are children vs. how many are adults? I'm guessing that this is one M&G where the majority are adults. How many movies or cartoons has Figment been in? And look for clothes with Figment's picture on them. How many are children's sizes vs how many are adult sizes?
I have had my Figment meet and greet. In two weeks, we’ll be there with my son who loved Figment. Greg wore the hat everywhere. He has agreed to wait in line with me and his two sons. We will be a mixed group for sure.

My chance…almost the last one taken before they removed his meet and greet.

IMG_1977.jpeg

This is pretty much what I expected. It's the first day. It's kind of like the Figment popcorn buckets when people waited hours and hours for those. We got one on the second round a month or so later after the hype was over and we didn't even wait in line. I have zero interest in waiting that long for any character.

I'm here now and I would say the line was about 98% adults without kids. I didn't see many families in line.

The lack of any sort of shade in that outdoor queue is nuts though. It's SO hot today.

I agree. I would expect it to mostly be adults in their 30s-50s. He’s my most powerful Disney memory from my first trip in 1986!

I am seeing reports online are saying 4-5 hours at best. From video it looks like he is at the Wreck It Ralph tunnel which means there is ONE. Big mistake. They should have done like the other indoors that have multiple rooms so the lines keep moving.

I hope it slows by December when we go but honestly they have underestimated the popularity of this meet.

This was certainly the case this morning. There were some kids, who were miserable in the heat, but definitely a lot of adults in all of their Disney bounding glory. We even saw a service dog with Figment ears and other Figment accessories. This was the line at 10:38am.

PXL_20230910_143800233.jpg

I agree. I would expect it to mostly be adults in their 30s-50s. He’s my most powerful Disney memory from my first trip in 1986!
DW and I are squarely in the middle of that range, with no kids.

I think/hope it will die down in a few weeks.
This isn’t something the average Disney family is going to flock to.
Their kids don’t know who figment is.

We love Figment, but we're not spending 4-5 hours waiting for anything! I kind of wish they'd brought back Dreamfinder with the original puppet. FIgment looks like he's Goofy size, that's way off scale form any depiciton of him in the attraction.

I won't be in that line. He looks creepy. They could have done a better job - the costume they used before seemed better-more proportionate.

I was there at early entry rope drop. There were so many adults there for the M&G. The cast member holding our line back said that it wouldn't even start until 10! Crazy!

I was not there for the m&g. I watched as hundreds of adults went past the Land. Only a handful didn't.

Spending thousands of dollars to go to WDW, and then spending 4-5 hours of a day just waiting to see a character? That's some whackadoo insanity.
My hunch is that a large portion is local APs, which is why I also suspect things will relax soon. May have had a fair number of D23 attendees as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter