New Feature! Ignore Thread

WebmasterCorey

corey@disneyinfo.com
Administrator
I listen.

I’ve witnessed and heard that many would rather ignore an entire thread instead of an individual user. I just added the ability for you to ignore an entire thread. I’m still experimenting, but please let me know your thoughts. Also, don’t ignore this thread. :-)

I'll officially announce it in a few days if it works.

I think that's great. There is another Disney Forum that bans people from participating in a thread if they break the rules. They don't ban people from the whole board nor shut down threads. Would that ever be a possibility?

Hooray! Thank you! I’ve used that feature on other forums and find it quite useful, just like being able to Ignore an individual is.

I think it's a great idea!

Now can you do something about allowing really old threads to be resurrected? Maybe flash a warning to the poster that they're about to reply to a thread that was started more than 3 years ago or 5 years or something AND hasn't had any other activity for more than a year? Thanks!

Now can you do something about allowing really old threads to be resurrected? Maybe flash a warning to the poster that they're about to reply to a thread that was started more than 3 years ago or 5 years or something AND hasn't had any other activity for more than a year? Thanks!

There should be a function that automatically locks threads after being inactive after a set period of time. This would allow those threads to still be read, as they may contain good info but then no one can reply to them. This way they would still remain in SERPS and drive traffic but eliminate the issue of zombi threads where the original poster hasnt been active for a number of years.

Hooray! Thank you! I’ve used that feature on other forums and find it quite useful, just like being able to Ignore an individual is.
Even when you have someone on ignore the alerts still come through. I assume the ignoring of the thread will be the same. It's impossible to fully ignore someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter