New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that tweaking the evening hours of operation would greatly improve the service. The mad rush to get to transportation after the final shows/fireworks is the biggest pain, and using the shuttle would be fabulous!
Which is probably one of the biggest reasons why they don't have it too.
First, they need all the staff they can get to work crowds at the exits and second, they need all the bus transportation then can get at the exits to move all the crowds they can
Hard to stretch the resources they have even further

Which is probably one of the biggest reasons why they don't have it too.
First, they need all the staff they can get to work crowds at the exits and second, they need all the bus transportation then can get at the exits to move all the crowds they can
Hard to stretch the resources they have even further
Yeah, good point but I'd still like it if they could do it. Regardless, I'm still going to try the service. I've got almost all of it figured out except for our last night at MK. Just going to have to suck it up and take the monorail or the boat back to our car at TTC. Oh the other thought I had was to take the boat to Poly and walk to the TTC.

A CM at the station for Epcot asked us what we thought about the service and I said that was my only complaint. They said they understood but the reason they couldn't keep the service open longer was because the park wasn't open, so there was no one to work it. I see no reason that can't be fixed.

This response seems odd to me since the ones on the top and bottom of the hour would only be 10 minutes past the bus that leaves at the 20/50 time. Surely they can schedule staff for an extra ten minutes.

I know the express bus does not run to a park that has already started night time EMH, what about the regular buses do they?

I know the express bus does not run to a park that has already started night time EMH, what about the regular buses do they?
Absolutely. Just be prepared for them to be crowded. I tried to get from DHS->MK last year and ended up walking over to Boardwalk because the line was absurd at DHS.

Absolutely. Just be prepared for them to be crowded. I tried to get from DHS->MK last year and ended up walking over to Boardwalk because the line was absurd at DHS.
Ok good. Not good about them being crowded.

My plan to get back to our car at the end of HEA is to take the boat over to Poly and then walk to the TTC. The crowds exiting after the fireworks are insane. I'm hoping the boat to Poly won't be as bad, but the boat is small and don't hold as many people as the larger one, so who knows.

Sharing my experience with Express transportation Tuesday, July 4th. This was our one and only day at Disney since this was a Universal trip.

We started the day at AK and took the 11:00 bus to MK (we had debated going to EP before MK -- wish I had now because we were at MK for way too long that day). Everything went smoothly and there were only 9 people on the bus, including us.

After the 4th of July fireworks, we headed back to the Express bus stop to catch the 9:30 bus back to AK. There were about 20 of us this time. Even with the end-of-the-night traffic leaving MK (especially after the very crowded MK fireworks), we were back to AK by 10:00.

Since we didn't have to go through security, etc., we just walked very fast over to EE, rode it twice, watched ROL, and went back to Pandora (after being there that morning) to see it at night.

Even though I spent $76 for one day, I felt like it was worth it for us. Granted, the weather cooperated and I wasn't stuck in a situation where it wasn't operating or dropping us off at the front the park, so luck was on our side that day, but I have no regrets about spending the money just for 2 hops since it allowed us to do everything we wanted to do on our one Disney day.

According to my schedule, we will be hopping 10 times in the 5 days we are in the parks. I have only one day that I regret making ROL so late, because MK is open until 11 that night but by the time we get done with ROL at 9:30, we would have to get the 10 bus to MK and by the time we get there we'd only have 1/2 hour to try and do a ride, maybe 2....not sure it's even worth trying. And...we'd have to park at MK because we wouldn't be able to get back to AK because it closes at 10. Decisions, decisions!

According to my schedule, we will be hopping 10 times in the 5 days we are in the parks. I have only one day that I regret making ROL so late, because MK is open until 11 that night but by the time we get done with ROL at 9:30, we would have to get the 10 bus to MK and by the time we get there we'd only have 1/2 hour to try and do a ride, maybe 2....not sure it's even worth trying. And...we'd have to park at MK because we wouldn't be able to get back to AK because it closes at 10. Decisions, decisions!
If you can manage to park at MK easily then it's not an awful idea, since you can get in line for a ride right up till 11:00, or at least 10:59. If you plan to hit up stuff over there in TL you can probably do PM, Buzz, and maybe even Tea Cups, and/or Pooh and hit 7DMT or Space right at closing time. And hopefully catch the Kiss Goodnight.

10 p.m. then EMH and we are not onsite.
It's possible but not probable, if that makes sense. I would expect they've cut the line by then. Though I haven't heard reports one way or another on what time they've been cutting the line off for EMH lately. Maybe ask over at the Pandora thread to see if any recent reports on it?

Chances are you'd have time to walk over there, check and still make the Express Bus even if they have cut it off, by using the Africa entrance/exit.

I posted this on another thread and thought I would post here in case people hadn't heard about it yet. The CM said it was the first time he saw it.

I'm here now and stopped by the concierge to purchase the 7 day option. The CM was surprised to see anew option available which he confirmed with his manager. Annual pass holder option for $59 for the full year.

I'm just at the end of my AP and am goingto buy the new DVC AP promotion but won't be back till probably January. Decided to just get the 7 day for now but thought this was an awesome deal and ifavailable would definitely purchase in the future.

In any event, this would indicate to me that express transportation is something Disney definitely plans on continuing.

Just curious...we are going to be at the MK next week. The Fireworks start at 9:00 and the park closes at 10:00pm. We want to see the fireworks as we haven't seen the new show yet. The Animal Kingdom has extra Magic Hours from 10:00pm to 12:00am. Do you think the last express bus will be 9:30 or 10:00pm? If we leave at 9:30 will we miss the fireworks? I would love to get over the Animal Kingdom to the Pandora in the dark - we do have a full morning planned there and fast passes so it's not essential but if I could use the express bus I would consider it.

Last edited:
I posted this on another thread and thought I would post here in case people hadn't heard about it yet. The CM said it was the first time he saw it.

I'm here now and stopped by the concierge to purchase the 7 day option. The CM was surprised to see anew option available which he confirmed with his manager. Annual pass holder option for $59 for the full year.

I'm just at the end of my AP and am goingto buy the new DVC AP promotion but won't be back till probably January. Decided to just get the 7 day for now but thought this was an awesome deal and ifavailable would definitely purchase in the future.

In any event, this would indicate to me that express transportation is something Disney definitely plans on continuing.
The CM was mistaken. It is a special offer of $59 till the end of summer not the end of the year. AP holders for an email about it a month or so back

Just curious...we are going to be at the MK next week. The Fireworks start at 9:00 and the park closes at 10:00pm. We want to see the fireworks as we haven't seen the new show yet. The Animal Kingdom has extra Magic Hours from 10:00pm to 12:00am. Do you think the last express bus will be 9:30 or 10:00pm? If we leave at 9:30 will we miss the fireworks? I would love to get over the Animal Kingdom to the Pandora in the dark - we do have a full morning planned there and fast passes so it's not essential but if I could use the express bus I would consider it.
We made the 9:30 bus after watching HEA at 9:00. We had to hussle to the bus check in and didn't have a minute to spare but we made it

The CM was mistaken. It is a special offer of $59 till the end of summer not the end of the year. AP holders for an email about it a month or so back

Rats, I was excited for 3 1/2 seconds. We have a trip in Sept, Dec and May. I thought whoo hoo.

I hope they do a fall special. We wouldn't save much but a few bucks is a few bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter