New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, good point. Not sure what I was thinking. Sorry about that

We'll be starting the day at Epcot. I'm considering driving to studios and walking/taking the ferry to the IG so we'll have our car at studios. I can't really think of any other options. I hate to count on the ET bus and then be stranded and delay getting to AK by an hour. Uber I guess? How much would an Uber be from HS to AK?

We'll be starting the day at Epcot. I'm considering driving to studios and walking/taking the ferry to the IG so we'll have our car at studios. I can't really think of any other options. I hate to count on the ET bus and then be stranded and delay getting to AK by an hour. Uber I guess? How much would an Uber be from HS to AK?
About $10, I'd guess. If you need a better figure there are fare estimators online that are very accurate.
That's what I'd do, try for the bus an if you can't get to it go out and grab Uber

However, back to your car situation. When you go back to AK, is it for anything other than getting your car? If no, then I think your idea of parking at HS, and going to Epcot via the IG is a very good idea, provided you aren't trying to make an early time schedule at Epcot since that can take a bit of extra time compared to going in the front directly. If you are planning on doing stuff at AK when you return then I'd stick with leaving my car there.

About $10, I'd guess. If you need a better figure there are fare estimators online that are very accurate.
That's what I'd do, try for the bus an if you can't get to it go out and grab Uber

However, back to your car situation. When you go back to AK, is it for anything other than getting your car? If no, then I think your idea of parking at HS, and going to Epcot via the IG is a very good idea, provided you aren't trying to make an early time schedule at Epcot since that can take a bit of extra time compared to going in the front directly. If you are planning on doing stuff at AK when you return then I'd stick with leaving my car there.

We are going back for EMH and hopefully getting there in time to ride EE at night first.

Our plan for the day: PPO at GG at Epcot, spend morning in Epcot. Then about half the group is going back to the hotel to rest while the rest of us are going to DHS for most of the day and staying through Fantasmic. The other group will be at DAK before us that evening. Ideally I would want to drive to epcot and just let them drive the car back to the hotel. MAYBE I could talk them into driving the car to DHS for us, but I hate to ask that since they are wanting to go back and rest. Especially since we are heading that way ourselves anyway. We probably just need to drive that day.

Last edited:
I am planning on purchasing this on my trip in August. Since I am staying at BLT and can walk to MK, would it make sense to take the express bus from the other parks back to MK and walk back to BLT instead of the regular busses from those parks back to BLT? Seems like it would save time from HS or AK but I'm not sure about EP since it has monorail.

ubnx2jpwn55g0z3a.png

I am planning on purchasing this on my trip in August. Since I am staying at BLT and can walk to MK, would it make sense to take the express bus from the other parks back to MK and walk back to BLT instead of the regular busses from those parks back to BLT? Seems like it would save time from HS or AK but I'm not sure about EP since it has monorail.
We stayed at WL in April and we did find it was faster to take the Express bus back to MK and then boat to WL vs. trying to take a bus to WL. Mostly because it was a shorter walk to the Express Bus and we knew what time that bus was leaving. It just felt easier in general. We only ended up with 1 unknown wait, the boat, vs. 2. You wouldn't even have though, though you'd trade that for the walk back. So I guess it would even out. But yeah, in your shoes I'd do the same thing, even from Epcot since that requires a monorail change

I'm planning on one day at AK & MK in late August. Is the express transportation worth it for a family. Is normal transportation between AK and the MK pretty good anyway? Even though we are only hopping to two parks the plan is to start at AK in the morning. Hop to MK around 2 then come back to AK around 6. Do a couple of rides in Dinoland USA that we didn't plan to get to in the morning and see the 8:15 Rivers of light. Finally we want to go back to MK to see if we can ride some of the MK coasters during the EMH until 11. This is going to be a very long day, but I don't know if the express transportation will really save us time.

But why would they do that? Say it's raining at AK. Couldn't a bus or two go from Epcot to DHS and just go back and forth? Am I missing something?
From what other folks have said, it isn't the rain, it's the lightning. Since lightning travels pretty far, they will stop running if there is a nearby thunder storm. So even if it isn't thundering at any one of the parks, but there is a close storm, it is said...they will stop running. That's what I picked up from folks in here.

I was reading a trip report from someone elsewhere and they used the Express Bus on their trip. They were reminded every time they used it that the bus service was suspended for inclement weather so they are now informing guests of this.

I'm planning on one day at AK & MK in late August. Is the express transportation worth it for a family. Is normal transportation between AK and the MK pretty good anyway? Even though we are only hopping to two parks the plan is to start at AK in the morning. Hop to MK around 2 then come back to AK around 6. Do a couple of rides in Dinoland USA that we didn't plan to get to in the morning and see the 8:15 Rivers of light. Finally we want to go back to MK to see if we can ride some of the MK coasters during the EMH until 11. This is going to be a very long day, but I don't know if the express transportation will really save us time.
YMMV but we gave up on the (regular) bus from MK to AK early afternoon after waiting 2 or 3 times, in late August, over an hour each time. Of course in record heat one time. Even if I just have bad luck, I wouldn't risk it if only planning 1 day. Just do ET (or you could Uber it, but you would have to get to/from TTC IIRC - maybe Uber can drop/pick up at CR or Poly but for sure they don't go where the Disney buses go, right near the MK gates).

YMMV but we gave up on the (regular) bus from MK to AK early afternoon after waiting 2 or 3 times, in late August, over an hour each time. Of course in record heat one time. Even if I just have bad luck, I wouldn't risk it if only planning 1 day. Just do ET (or you could Uber it, but you would have to get to/from TTC IIRC - maybe Uber can drop/pick up at CR or Poly but for sure they don't go where the Disney buses go, right near the MK gates).
You are correct, if you want to use any method of transportation other than a Disney bus you have to get somewhere else. CR for Uber/Lyft makes the most sense as it's either a short walk or 1st monorail stop away. We personally always opt to walk to CR when we want to use Uber/Lyft for MK

Depends on the number of people in your family. You will get at least two uses out of the Express. That last hop to MK will depend on when you get out of RoL and what time the next bus to MK should be. They do not run Express buses to parks that have EMH if the bus will arrive after that EMH park's normal closing.

Okay so I don't feel like reading the bajillion posts. Is there a bus after closing? I figure since MK is always the last park to close that taking a bus out of whatever other park we are in to MK and then walk to BLT is the fastest option here?? But like on AK day when we stay for the ROL show, will there be a bus after? Or does it show right at closing and then we are stuck taking the normal bus? Is doing this much faster for park hopping than the regular busses? On a few of the days that we don't really have a park plan for, and maybe just want to visit Ak for a ride or whatever, this would make total sense.

Okay so I don't feel like reading the bajillion posts. Is there a bus after closing? I figure since MK is always the last park to close that taking a bus out of whatever other park we are in to MK and then walk to BLT is the fastest option here?? But like on AK day when we stay for the ROL show, will there be a bus after? Or does it show right at closing and then we are stuck taking the normal bus? Is doing this much faster for park hopping than the regular busses? On a few of the days that we don't really have a park plan for, and maybe just want to visit Ak for a ride or whatever, this would make total sense.

There is ONE bus after closing, but even that can be tricky. Let's say the park you're in closes at 9:00 and the scheduled bus to MK is 10 and 40 minutes after the hour. The last bus to MK would be 9:10. BUT that is only if MK is still open for normal park hours. They will not send a bus to a park that is in EMH.

There is ONE bus after closing, but even that can be tricky. Let's say the park you're in closes at 9:00 and the scheduled bus to MK is 10 and 40 minutes after the hour. The last bus to MK would be 9:10. BUT that is only if MK is still open for normal park hours. They will not send a bus to a park that is in EMH.
And that's the biggest bummer! I would happily pay twice the cost for this service (are you listening, Disney spies?) if it would run to and from every park from the time the first park started operating (EMH or not), through the time the last park closed (EMH or not), and if they found a way to continue operations in poor weather. That. Would. Rock!

They could always scan MBs for those buses headed to an EMH park. They could drop off guests to parks that aren't opened yet (say, if you wanted to EMH one ride at one park, then hit rope drop at a non-EMH park), or to parks that just closed, at the front gates. It's not an insurmountable problem. Nor is finding a way to operate during a thunderstorm. They would just have to make the effort...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter