New Escape Bride... What to do for dinner

Here is what we did: 10 am Escape ceremony at WP, cake cutting at GF, lunch off property, went with a few guests to DTD and rode Characters in Flight in our wedding clothes, dessert party for everyone in EPCOT. My flower girl and I wore our dresses to the DP but everyone else changed out of wedding clothes. DH did wear his ears though.

The break between lunch and DP allowed guests who wanted a break to take one.

I think the dessert parties are so special and unique. My dad, who is NOT a Disney lover, said it was amazing. One of DH's friends who lives in Celebration and is an AP holder said it was the coolest thing he had ever done with parks. MIL said it made her feel like a celebrity. :)

My daughter had an Escape wedding at WDW 10 years ago. We had the wedding dinner (not part of the package) at the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club Resort, just outside of the back entrance of Epcot. We had 10 people. It was very well done. I contacted the manager & he e-mailed us the available menu for that time of year. My daughter chose a few options for each course & he made up personalized menus with her choices, but no prices. (everyone chose the filet mignon). The menus had their names & wedding date at the top. He even made up (at her request) a child's menu that looked like the adult menus. The food was very good & the restaurant didn't feel overly "Disney". We had a wonderful time & the service was great. Also, very important - since it wasn't in the park - she could wear her wedding gown. Don't know if he is still there, but our waiter "Bill" was wonderful.

So my wedding is booked and I've had to have a 12pm ceremony instead of 2.30pm as I originally wanted.
Now here lies the problem... Most restaurants outside of the parks finish lunch at 2pm, with the exception of Disney Springs restaurants, has anyone had a wedding dinner here and can recommend anywhere??
Thank so much guys!

So my wedding is booked and I've had to have a 12pm ceremony instead of 2.30pm as I originally wanted.
Now here lies the problem... Most restaurants outside of the parks finish lunch at 2pm, with the exception of Disney Springs restaurants, has anyone had a wedding dinner here and can recommend anywhere??
Thank so much guys!

Not sure if it would be the vibe you're looking for but Ohana is open at 3:30pm now!

Have you loooked into something like a character buffet? They are fairly reasonable in price and since you mentioned that your family can be picky eaters a buffet allows them a variety of choices, plus you get the included entertainment of the characters! The Stepsisters in Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare are a riot!

Another fun option is the Hoop Dee Doo. Most picky eaters like the food (fried chicken, corn bread, ribs, strawberry shortcake). Alcohol is included in the price. The show is fun and hilarious- and they will even ask you to stand up and dance while they sing "let me call you sweetheart"!

Thank so much guys!

Just as a note- the latest lunch reservation you can make is 2:00...so you could make a lunch reservation that late and enjoy a fairly empty restaurant! ;)

Have you loooked into something like a character buffet? They are fairly reasonable in price and since you mentioned that your family can be picky eaters a buffet allows them a variety of choices, plus you get the included entertainment of the characters! The Stepsisters in Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare are a riot!

Another fun option is the Hoop Dee Doo. Most picky eaters like the food (fried chicken, corn bread, ribs, strawberry shortcake). Alcohol is included in the price. The show is fun and hilarious- and they will even ask you to stand up and dance while they sing "let me call you sweetheart"!
Ahhh that is so sweet... I'm hoping to do a dessert party the day of the wedding but I've never been to hoop de do so this may be an option for our second week there. Thanks

Escape couples may add a 2-hour catered meal to the Escape package, but unlike the package, it will incur tax and service charge.

Hello I'm new here and I noticed you had a Disney Wedding and was wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions. I am interested in the Wishes and Escape packages but not sure which one would be perfect for a guest list of 20. I really like the idea of a brunch style reception but my question to you, is do you know if you can add a brunch reception to the Escape package and if so around how much. I just feel like maybe the wishes package might be too much money for me and my fiance at this time and that's why I am also looking at the Escape package. My other question is, do they only offer the railroad train station at the Magic Kingdom as a ceremony venue in the wishes package or do they offer it in the escape package as well? Thank-you so much for your time and your wedding was absolutely beautiful btw!! :)

Hello I'm new here and I noticed you had a Disney Wedding and was wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions. I am interested in the Wishes and Escape packages but not sure which one would be perfect for a guest list of 20. I really like the idea of a brunch style reception but my question to you, is do you know if you can add a brunch reception to the Escape package and if so around how much. I just feel like maybe the wishes package might be too much money for me and my fiance at this time and that's why I am also looking at the Escape package. My other question is, do they only offer the railroad train station at the Magic Kingdom as a ceremony venue in the wishes package or do they offer it in the escape package as well? Thank-you so much for your time and your wedding was absolutely beautiful btw!! :)
Maybe I can help with a couple of your questions... Well I'll have a go anyway, based on the info Disney have sent me for my escape wedding so far...
Guests: the max allowed for an escape package is 18 guests ( not including babies) so with the bride and groom that's 20 as a max.

Brunch reception: you can add a 2 hour reception (that's basically a dinner only - no disco or anything) to the escape package and the cost is based on what you have. A cheaper option if you're cost conscious is to book a morning ceremony and then book a brunch at a resort restaurant - you'd then pay menu price.

Train station: I believe this is for wishes couples only - sorry ( console yourself that this location is a ridiculously early time anyway)

Thank-you so much for your reply, this really helped! The brunch sounds great and definitely what I am looking for. If you don't mind me asking, did you call and request information on the escape package or did you email them? Also, do you know if they want you to pay the deposit and sign the contract before they fully discuss any extra costs, or details pertaining to the wedding. Thank-you so much again for all of your help!

Thank-you so much for your reply, this really helped! The brunch sounds great and definitely what I am looking for. If you don't mind me asking, did you call and request information on the escape package or did you email them? Also, do you know if they want you to pay the deposit and sign the contract before they fully discuss any extra costs, or details pertaining to the wedding. Thank-you so much again for all of your help!
You pretty much have to sign the contract before you have an idea of add on costs from Disney. You can find many of the in the Disney Weddings and Honeymoon on www.passporter.com

I called at exactly 9 months out and they took some basic info from me.
A few days later a sales consultant called me back and asked a few more questions, when I told her what I was interested in, she emailed me sample menus with ball park costs for a 2 hour reception.
Then at 8 months they emailed me to tell me whether my choice of venue, date and time were secured.
Once I agreed it with them, they prepared my letter of agreement, which took a few days, I then had 7 days to read it and pay the $1,000 deposit.
So I am now 7 months and 11 days away and am currently being assigned a wedding planner to discuss in more detail... Soooo excited, can you tell lol.
Hopefully this helps, I too read the passporters book and listened to every single one of Carrie's podcasts with past escape brides for ideas of what to do, you can find them in iTunes under 'Disney Wedding Podcast' or on her site, I'm hoping she won't mind me posting here:
Disneytravelbabble.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter