• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Epcot member lounge

Attractions Magazine has posted a picture of the inside of the DVC Lounge to instagram.

13248908_1383720154986827_152312923_n.jpg

Wow looking good. Can't wait to check it out in a week and a half when my wife and I are there!

Deb Wills on All Ears has done a big preview, with lots of pics! http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwills/2016/05/preview_disney_vacation_club_m.html

Thanks for the link. The article had lots of great information and pics, too. I love that if the lounge is at capacity, you can leave your cell phone number, and they will call you when space becomes available. Now that is cool.

Also Mouse Planet made a mention of the lounge on their WDW June 1-6 Update. You will need to scroll down to near the bottom in the "this n that" section to find it. Walt Disney World Resort Update for June 1 - 6, 2016

We're in the lounge now, soft opening. It's a really nice space for a break. Starting to fill up a bit now. You have to ask at reception desk for Keurig coffee but the freestyle machine is freely available.

Can't wait to visit in November!

I know I'm getting annoyed over nothing, but the comments of some people I've seen on social media (mainly Facebook) regarding the lounge are just so frustrating. I've seen everything said from:

- "I'm an annual passholder, where's my lounge?!" (not even comparable)
- "THIS is what they chose to do with the space? Seriously?" (ok, they could have left it closed off for no one to use)
- "it should be for everyone to use" (clearly having issues accepting there's ONE thing that 'normal guests' miss out on)
- my favourite, "people would waste their time sitting here instead of visiting attractions in the park?" (because the average DVC member has never experienced Epcot before, apparently).

I ran all of these through a translator and they all came back with the same result - "Waaah, I'm not a DVC member and don't like being told I can't do something, waaah!" Rant over ;)

Have the morning and afternoon planned at Epcot tomorrow before we head home. Hopefully they will be continuing with the soft opening and we'll be able to swing by and try it. My kids love those freestyle Come machines and at least this way I won't be forced to have Beverly.

My best friend is down there right now with her family (also DVC members) and they got to check it out. She thought it was awesome. Loved the free soda, computer access and video games. Said it was a nice way to take a little break. She did say there are no bathrooms in the lounge.

I ran all of these through a translator and they all came back with the same result - "Waaah, I'm not a DVC member and don't like being told I can't do something, waaah!" Rant over ;)

Does anyone know how long they plan on keeping this open?
It's supposed to be open for the 25th anniversary year. So, it will probably close (or be repurposed) at the end of the year. I suspect we'll see a different type of whining at that time. "Waaah, I'm a DVC member and their taking away my benefits!"

It's supposed to be open for the 25th anniversary year. So, it will probably close (or be repurposed) at the end of the year. I suspect we'll see a different type of whining at that time. "Waaah, I'm a DVC member and their taking away my benefits!"

:rotfl2:

....Unless DVD thinks it's driving sales, in which case it'll remain open. Otherwise, no chance. Perks or "extras" are sales tools. Sure, we can benefit from them -- that's how capitalism is actually supposed to work -- but they exist for a specific purpose.

It opens June 6th. Spoke to a cast member who took a tour for the soft opening for cast members only. He describe every detail to me. Can't wait to go back in July to see it.

Gives me a reason to go this fall.
A lounge with soda and cookies gives you a reason to take a vaca??

Good for you!!! I think it's great that DVC has done this for its members. Very nice indeed!!
That said, I would never take an "extra" vacation for this.

YMMV

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter