New entree at Kona

colleen costello

<font color=FF99FF>Is in a "just back from OKW and
We had a nice meal at Kona Cafe a week ago, on our last night at WDW. Wanted to let you all know about the wonderful new entree I tried. I loved the roast chicken but they had coconut chicken instead. It was a nice chicken breast that was dipped in coconut milk and coated in coconut then pan fried. Mine was cooked perfectly, sweet and juicy inside. You could definitely taste all the coconut. YUM. It was served witha wonderful salad made of delicious mixed greens. Every now and then I would get a bite of mint leaves which were mixed in with the greens! The salad had some strawberry bits in it, as well as some pineapple chunks and slivered almonds. I think the dressing was honey lime. The salad was even better than the chicken! I will order this yummy selection again and saw lots of folks at tables around ours, trying it.

The bread was delicious as always. I even had dessert! Usually I don't have room but my son mooched a good part of my chicken... The new dessert is a chocolate macadamia pie with ice cream. The pie had a filling rather like pecan pie, sweet and gooey. I didn't care overly much for the filling but the top of the pie was a crust of macadamias (toasted, I think) and chocolate. Yum. As the dessert was too big to finish anyhow, I was happy to just eat that topping! It came with a big scoop of coconut ice cream, also very coconut-y and delicious. When I go back next I will request just the ice cream as it was the best part!

If you like coconut, these new goodies will thrill you. I will miss the roast chicken but the new dish was a real "treat," something you would definitely not get at home. :) Very "Polynesian!"

Ooh, those sound yummy! Was is boneless chicken?

I've only had breakfast at Kona, so I'll have to try that on my next trip in December. -Stephanie

Yes, a nice boneless "filet" of chicken... Gosh I wish I was at Kona now... We had spaghetti tonite :(

Wow, now that sounds yummy, definetely better than the so so pork sandwhich I had there over easter.

Wow! That coconut chicken sounds WONDERFUL!!! I will have to try it. DH tried the pie last week and loved every bite. He loves pecan pie type carmelly filling, though. He ordered a new salad of some sort that he loved, too. Sounds like they've added several new things to their menu. Thanks for posting about your experience!

I had debated that chicken entree when we were there a couple weeks ago. I loved my pork chop, and I'm going to drag DBf to Kona Cafe again before I move in August!

Thanks for the dining suggestion. Last night, at dinner, DH & I started our traditional "where will we eat at WDW?" discussion for our Aug. trip. Youngest DS always suggests places where he's eaten memorable desserts. Kona Cafe was his top choice. (I'm remebering him w/ some inverted cone, many sprinkles & cotton candy) We usually let each family member pick one "must-do" dinner, so we'll probably dine at Kona. Sound like I have my entree and I know I always enjoy the Kona press pot, at the end of the meal.

Sue, my son got the kiddie cone this last trip. It is great -- he ate about 1/10th of it but played with it long enough for me to enjoy MY dessert! :) The clouds of blue cotton candy are so much fun. Even as an adult I enjoy ogling that thing!

Have fun. We always "let everyone pick" also. Kona was actually my daughter's choice as she loves their wonderful bread.

Thanks for the update, Colleen....we love Kona for dinner, too. I can taste the mahi mahi right now!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter