New England Meets Thread: Kings of New England; Princes of Maine

acndis

DIS Veteran
Sorry, I could not resist the John Irving Quote. So excited for this one. We are 5 folks on the 7/25 departure. Let's start discussing pre- and post-days!

I'm signed up for the 9/24 Adult only Fall Foliage trip. Yes, they sucked me back in. I guess I am willing to give them another chance.... :confused3

So far, I have a hold on one pre-night through ABD, but I'll have to look into that, as, per usual, it's *RIDICULOUSLY* expensive. As it's not really as big a deal to get myself to the ABD hotel for the first night as it would be in a foreign country, I'm going to be examining my options (booking the same hotel myself or maybe something different). ABD is not offering any post-nights, so I need to see what my plans will be for after the ABD.

It looks like a really great itinerary.

Sayhello

I'm signed up for the 9/24 Adult only Fall Foliage trip. Yes, they sucked me back in. I guess I am willing to give them another chance.... :confused3

So far, I have a hold on one pre-night through ABD, but I'll have to look into that, as, per usual, it's *RIDICULOUSLY* expensive. As it's not really as big a deal to get myself to the ABD hotel for the first night as it would be in a foreign country, I'm going to be examining my options (booking the same hotel myself or maybe something different). ABD is not offering any post-nights, so I need to see what my plans will be for after the ABD.

It looks like a really great itinerary.

Sayhello
I totally got sucked in, too! We had decided we were going to do all travel on our own from now on. I sat down to plan an Italy trip and was like, ugh! It seemed so much easier to let ABD do it (and I was not finding it to be much cheaper on my own). We booked that for Christmas 2022. And then, we were thinking about a New England trip for summer and this popped up.

The itinerary does seem like old school ABD. I loved all the activities so it was no question I was going to book. I am now booked for 2 trips so I know the feeling of being sucked back in!

The 10/3 departure is now waitlist status on the AbD website this morning.

Last edited:
Glad it looks like it is selling well. Looks like the price has also gone up on the first departure.
It looks like the Fall Foliage trips are selling well. All the rest of the departures except for one still have Early booking discounts available, and there are generally only a handful of those on each departure. So I would say those aren't selling very well yet. At least compared to most new itineraries. Now today is the first day they are available for the general public to book, so it will be interesting to see if that changes.

Sayhello

Last edited:

It looks like the Fall Foliage trips are selling well. All the rest of the departures except for one still have Early booking discounts available, and there are generally only a handful of those on each departure. So I would say those aren't selling very well yet. At least compared to most new itineraries. Now today is the first day they are available for the general public to book, so it will be interesting to see if that changes.

Sayhello
Looks like all but two dates have no more EBD; waitlists for all Fall Foliage; and prices are up on most departures. Sounds like these dates all have a pretty good chance to make. Good news!

Looks like all but two dates have no more EBD; waitlists for all Fall Foliage; and prices are up on most departures. Sounds like these dates all have a pretty good chance to make. Good news!
Yay! That's a good sign!

Sayhello

I have to rebook now that my Disneyland Adventure was cancelled. Since the last three are waitlisted, I’m looking at 8/6-8/13. Will we actually see Fall Foliage at this time of year? My husband prefers the Canadian Rockies Adventure, but, I won’t be able to do some of the activities. The Vacstionista said they’ll bring me shopping instead-lol!

I have to rebook now that my Disneyland Adventure was cancelled. Since the last three are waitlisted, I’m looking at 8/6-8/13. Will we actually see Fall Foliage at this time of year? My husband prefers the Canadian Rockies Adventure, but, I won’t be able to do some of the activities. The Vacstionista said they’ll bring me shopping instead-lol!
I really doubt you'll see any fall foliage in August. When I was doing my research, my departure on September 24th might or might not be during the peak of Fall foliage, which is normally the last week in September/first week in October. Your trip would be a whole month and a half before that. I don't know about Maine/New Hampshire/Vermont, but Fall foliage does not last that long in Ohio. There's something wrong with the website, because they have the August trip and two of the July trips marked as "Special Fall Foliage" departures, and there's no way you'll have Fall Foliage during July!!

Sayhello

I really doubt you'll see any fall foliage in August. When I was doing my research, my departure on September 24th might or might not be during the peak of Fall foliage, which is normally the last week in September/first week in October. Your trip would be a whole month and a half before that. I don't know about Maine/New Hampshire/Vermont, but Fall foliage does not last that long in Ohio. There's something wrong with the website, because they have the August trip and two of the July trips marked as "Special Fall Foliage" departures, and there's no way you'll have Fall Foliage during July!!

Sayhello

Thanks! That’s what I thought-but wanted to ask the experts. We pretty much have the same colors year round in Louisiana-lol!

I won’t be able to do some of the activities. The Vacstionista said they’ll bring me shopping instead-lol!
While I can’t speak to the foliage, I can share that AbD does come up with alternatives for those who can’t do some of the activities.

I’m looking at 8/6-8/13. Will we actually see Fall Foliage at this time of year?
Having lived in New England for ~65 years I can tell you for certainty that you won't see any fall foliage then. Late September into October is the best time for foliage with it progressing from north to south during that period.

FYI - if anyone is thinking about adding New England pre-nights through AdB, they are now able to add those to the reservation. I’d inquired about this at booking in early June, and was advised they could not add them at that time as they didn’t yet have the inventory to do so, and to check back later in the summer. I was able to add it a couple of days ago.

Sharing an observation - as part of my trip planning, i check out airfare for similar flying days this year to get an idea of pricing and flight times, for comparison when next year’s flights are released.

I’m on one of October 2022 Fall Foilage adventures, so have been scoping out flights for this October. Coming from California, I can’t get non-stop flights either way. What I’m seeing 2-3 months out this year is, while I have lots of options to get to Vermont, many of the connections out of Maine are either very few seats left, have only single seats available, or result in really long airport layovers. AbD Arrival/Departure info for this adventure says return flights should be no earlier than 9:00 a.m., I’m guessing because the airport is over an hour drive from our Maine hotel, so that seems to let out the 7:00 a.m. flights which have the most availability.

I don’t know what this looks like for summer 2022 departures, or if what I’m seeing for October is somewhat tied to fall foliage popularity. I will likely be booking my flights a bit sooner than I might otherwise do so, to ensure I can get the flights and seats I need to get for my return trip.

This looks like a really nice adventure, which I just shared with my husband. We would only be able to do the last October trip as the other fall foliage dates surround quarter end/start (work related).

I just looked at Amtrak’s route from NY Penn, and it looks like we can take the train to and from the starting and end points if we decide to go.

This looks like a really nice adventure, which I just shared with my husband. We would only be able to do the last October trip as the other fall foliage dates surround quarter end/start (work related).

I just looked at Amtrak’s route from NY Penn, and it looks like we can take the train to and from the starting and end points if we decide to go.
Ooooo, how nice to be able to take the train to/from an ABD! I'd *LOVE* to be able to do that! Some day!

You *did* notice that all 3 fall foliage trips are Waitlist Only, right? But it's a long way off, and anything can change.

Sayhello

Ooooo, how nice to be able to take the train to/from an ABD! I'd *LOVE* to be able to do that! Some day!

You *did* notice that all 3 fall foliage trips are Waitlist Only, right? But it's a long way off, and anything can change.

Sayhello
Yes, I saw that. If anything opens up, we might consider it. I am not going on a waitlist. We have a 4 night cruise on the Disney Wish for November 2022 so we at least have something planned.

We're on the Aug. 6 departure (myself, husband, and son). Hope to see you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter