New DVC Resort Discounts

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
Since I haven't been around for a launch of a new DVC resort, I was wondering if Disney gives a special price to purchase for a short window? Would Disney discount the new Riviera for a month when it goes on sale? Maybe discount incentives at a higher rate?

Current DVC members can buy for like a month or 2 before it opens to public. And when it opens to public it's $5 more pp. I think. Think that's how it went in the past.

If you can get people to not buy they will offer all kinds of deals. in the past they offered OTU points equal to your purchase, discounted point price, when we bought BLT they gave us a free 7 night cruise on DCL.

:earsboy: Bill

I think with ccv it had to be for at least 125 point add on in order to get very slightly discounted rate. I think poly was $5/less with no minimum qualifications on pre sales- only available to existing Dvc members. The discount on ccv actually was better later in the year. this can all change depending on what the economy is doing next Resort roll out.

Last edited:

It used to be that better discounts came later. If I recall while VGF had a presale price for members there wasn't otherwise better discounts. PVB I thought started at the same price for members as it was offered to non-members but may not be remembering correctly. If Disney has slow sales they'll offer better discounts. They actually did that with PVB and got a good kick up in sales but there isn't really any definite route that things will take.

If you can get people to not buy they will offer all kinds of deals. in the past they offered OTU points equal to your purchase, discounted point price, when we bought BLT they gave us a free 7 night cruise on DCL.

:earsboy: Bill
What is OTU?

What is OTU?

There were actually Developers Points - ie, points still owned by the developer but you had them for a single use. For example - buy a 150 BLT contract and get 100 developer points to be used. Most often they were restricted to use at SSR but a few times there were for use at any resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter