New DVC member with a split stay at CCV. Lots of questions...

Tonberry

DIS Veteran
So we're new DVC members with our first DVC trip to the Riviera coming up in August. It's 7 nights, Sunday-Sunday.
The problem was that the cost for the flights were outrageous for those dates! So we added an extra night to make 8 nights, Sunday-Monday and saved over $400 on air fair. Unfortunately Riviera is completely booked up so we had to settle for 1 night somewhere else, so I chose Copper Creek Villas and wait-listed Riviera.
It seems kind of foolish to move to a new resort for one night, but then I started to think more and maybe trying out a new place might be interesting, or possibly even fun.
#1, I'd just like to know everybody's opinion on what they would do, or if anyone has ever done something like this for just 1 night and how it worked out for them.

#2, my question would be if it's a hassle to move resorts or not. If we did stay at CCV, we'd check out of Riviera, go to Animal Kingdom for the morning, have lunch and head on over to CCV to go swimming and to see if our room is ready.

#3, If we went to CCV to go swimming, for 2:00 in the afternoon for example, what would the likelihood of our luggage (that has our swimsuits) be there already. And if our room was not ready yet, how hard is it to go swimming when you don't have a room to go to?

and finally #4, by staying at CCV, do we have access to the pools at Wilderness Lodge including Boulder Ridge's pool?

Thanks Everyone!

1. I’d do it but I love CC. I’ve done other split stays but never for a night. However, I think it’d be an easy thing to do and CC would be a great resort to spend a little time at.

2. Not a hassle. Speak with bell services the day before to get a time for them to collect luggage.

3. Put swimsuits in a backpack that goes with you that day. I can’t recall how long it took for luggage but it’d be easier to just pack the suits if you want to swim early.

4. You’ll have access to all the pools at that resort.

When we stay on DVC points, we often do a cash night at a different resort the first day of our trip and have no problems at all. At CCV, there are nice changing areas with showers by the boulder ridge pool, so swimming shouldn’t be a problem as long as you have your suits with you.

I sometimes do one night - or two - at the beginning of my stay at a different resort and add the Deluxe DDP for that first night only. And use it for two days (easy to do in general, but even more so with sharing).

At the end? I think I did that once but for two nights, due to availability. The only plus was having major packing all in order and just used a knapsack for that stay. Ie. More free on final check out day.

Have fun!

If it were me I'd stay fewer nights at riviera and have 2 or 3 at CC to make it more worthwhile.
That had crossed my mind to do that, but then I would have to wait until my second reservation kicks in to make the remainder of my FP's. Whereas with my first reservation, I have a better chance of getting the harder to get FP's towards our 6th and 7th days.

That had crossed my mind to do that, but then I would have to wait until my second reservation kicks in to make the remainder of my FP's. Whereas with my first reservation, I have a better chance of getting the harder to get FP's towards our 6th and 7th days.
As long as you have no gaps ( a room on property every night) then you make FP 60 days out from the earliest check in. So split stays are treated as continuous. Dining is different MS can make split stay dining reservations for DVC to DVC split stays only. Any other split stay has two different dining reservations.

Your luggage probably won't arrive until sometime after 5PM. You'll have to call to have it delivered if it has arrived.

As long as you have no gaps ( a room on property every night) then you make FP 60 days out from the earliest check in. So split stays are treated as continuous. Dining is different MS can make split stay dining reservations for DVC to DVC split stays only. Any other split stay has two different dining reservations.
Thanks, that's awesome to know! But how about points? It costs me 18 points for RR but only 16 for CCV. If I decide to switch for a couple nights, wouldn't my points go into holding and I'd have a limited time to use them?

Thanks, that's awesome to know! But how about points? It costs me 18 points for RR but only 16 for CCV. If I decide to switch for a couple nights, wouldn't my points go into holding and I'd have a limited time to use them?
Points only go into holding for points freed up from cancelations or modifications made within 31 days from checkin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter