New DVC Member, please check my maths!

Disneyjohnny

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I’m a new DVC Member and trying to get my head around banking and borrowing points.

We have a September use year with 150 points per year.

We are visiting in November of 2024 so my plan is to bank my 2023 points and use them for November 2024.

Then we are planning a HUGE trip in November of 2025…so I want to bank my 2024 points to use in 2025, I’ll also use my 2025 points and borrow my 2026 points to give me 450 points.

Does the math seem right?

You are correct.

However don't be surprised if you don't end up banking and instead find yourself buying more points. Addonitis is real, especially before your first trip.

Yes, your plan works perfectly if your trip in Nov, 2024 takes exactly 150 points!! Also, as a new member, be well aware of your deadline for banking points - if my calculations are correct, you need to bank by the end of April each year.... Welcome Home!

Yes, just be sure to use banked points first when booking that first trip. It is supposed to be done for you, but I have been surprised to find banked points left in my account later. Just ask when booking if you do it over the phone or choose carefully online.

I don’t know the banking windows?
Can you still bank the 2023 points? Or are they already banked ?
So we just bought our contract and the 2023 points came in in September 2023, so currently they aren’t banked.

I need to bank them by April 2024…as far as I can tell.

Yes, your plan works perfectly if your trip in Nov, 2024 takes exactly 150 points!! Also, as a new member, be well aware of your deadline for banking points - if my calculations are correct, you need to bank by the end of April each year.... Welcome Home!
Thank you. I believe my Nov 2024 trip will take approximately 147 points. I am prepared to lose those 3 points unless they can be donated or given to someone else. I’m a little bit too new to know the exact ins and outs

The Sep 2023 points can be banked now and must be banked by no later than April 30, 2024 (for any use year, banking must be done on or before the last day of the eighth month of the use year).

Just adding a warning. You do not say when in Nov and which resort and room size, but be aware November is very high DVC demand time at WDW , and Thanksgiving week and the Thurs to Sun of the Wine & Dine race weekend are two of the highest DVC demand times of the year (those make Easter week look like a slow off-season). At your home resort, you can reserve up to 7 nights beginning at 8 a.m. eastern, 11-months out from date of arrival. For Nov time many DVC room categories at WDW can fill quickly at 11-months out (some within nanoseconds after 8 a.m.) In other words, your safest course is to be prepared to reserve at exactly 11-months out from your intended date of arrival. That would require you to bank those Sep 2023 points before you make a reservation in Dec 2023 for that Nov time in 2024.

Last edited:
The Sep 2023 points can be banked now and must be banked by no later than April 30, 2024 (for any use year, banking must be done on or before the last day of the eighth month of the use year).

Just adding a warning. You do not say when in Nov and which resort and room size, but be aware November is very high DVC demand time at WDW , and Thanksgiving week and the Thurs to Sun of the Wine & Dine race weekend are two of the highest DVC demand times of the year. At your home resort, you can reserve up to 7 nights beginning at 8 a.m. eastern, 11-months out from date of arrival. For Nov time many DVC room categories at WDW can fill quickly at 11-months out (some within nanoseconds after 8 a.m.) In other words, your safest course is to be prepared to reserve at exactly 11-months out from your intended date of arrival. That would require you to bank those Sep 2023 points before you make a reservation in Dec 2023 for that Nov time in 2024.
Thank you!

We are looking at November 12th to 19th at our home resort in ideally a Studio but whatever view we end up with is fine by us :-)

So we just bought our contract and the 2023 points came in in September 2023, so currently they aren’t banked.

I need to bank them by April 2024…as far as I can tell.
Oh yea, whoops, my calendars skills are off today…..

Then yea your math is good…..

I have never done the bank, borrow, and use….
As others have pointed out, add-on-itis. Is a thing….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter