• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney World AP Pay and get less?

For those with unactivated APs and upcoming reservations, I received my email response from Disney, which confirmed that the passes must either be activated by 9/8 or the blackout dates will convert to the new blackout schedule (sorcerer pass in our case).
How is this consistent with their answer regarding people "in their renewal window"? If someone's pass expires in 60 days, they are supposed to be able to "renew into one of the current Annual Pass options" today, but that renewal pass won't be active until November... How is that different than someone already holding a renewal certificate that hasn't been activated. I think they really hadn't thought through how to handle this particular situation.602873

ahh, I was hoping they would bring back TIW discounts on these passes but it looks like it won't be the case. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/

Tables in Wonderland has always been a completely separate thing from APs. Yes, APs were eligible to purchase TiW, but it was never shown on the page you linked.

I am not saying whether it will be back or not, but them not mentioning it on the AP page would not be an indication one way or the other.

A little annoyed, I went to look at getting my UCF college student a pass and the FL resident one "pixie pass" every weekend is blocked. So, not worth it for a college student who has weekday classes. Whoever came up with this idea for Florida residents just wasted our time.

A little annoyed, I went to look at getting my UCF college student a pass and the FL resident one "pixie pass" every weekend is blocked. So, not worth it for a college student who has weekday classes. Whoever came up with this idea for Florida residents just wasted our time.

Pixie Dust, Pirate, and Sorcerer are all only for Florida Residents (DVC members also have access to Sorcerer). Pixie Dust is weekdays only, which is why it's the lowest priced, but the others have most weekends available (Pirate blocks basically all holiday weekends and a couple others, though.)

Tables in Wonderland has always been a completely separate thing from APs. Yes, APs were eligible to purchase TiW, but it was never shown on the page you linked.

I am not saying whether it will be back or not, but them not mentioning it on the AP page would not be an indication one way or the other.
yeah I realize its separate i just remember them hyping up dining discounts and I know I expect too much but this is nothing to be hyped about for me lol :0 oh well

yeah I realize its separate i just remember them hyping up dining discounts and I know I expect too much but this is nothing to be hyped about for me lol :0 oh well

Got it.

I was just commenting because you said it looked like TiW was not returning. The discount page would have nothing to do with whether it returns or not.

when I am a Sorcerer, I will be happier to have Easter over Thanksgiving.

Yeah they did take away Memory Maker but it's not a dealbreaker to me. Yes, it's way more expensive but I will still buy one.

Nobody yet knows if TIW will return or not. It was available to APs and DVC but wasn't tied to DVC or AP restaurant discount offers.

Got it.

I was just commenting because you said it looked like TiW was not returning. The discount page would have nothing to do with whether it returns or not.
yeah I want it to return I don't think its going to happen any time soon I hope I'm wrong though :)

I apologize if I missed this conversation already, but for anyone who has purchased the water parks add on, do you know if the block out dates apply to those? I spoke with a cast member via chat who said that the water parks do not have block out dates. So does that really mean that if I purchased the pirate pass, I can still attend Blizzard Beach on October 2, for example, even though I can't go to the parks that day?

I apologize if I missed this conversation already, but for anyone who has purchased the water parks add on, do you know if the block out dates apply to those? I spoke with a cast member via chat who said that the water parks do not have block out dates. So does that really mean that if I purchased the pirate pass, I can still attend Blizzard Beach on October 2, for example, even though I can't go to the parks that day?
I don't have firsthand experience, but the website currently shows this:

For the duration of your Annual Pass, adding the Water Park and Sports Option includes Passholder admission to select Walt Disney World experiences (with no blockout dates):

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/p...ing-a-passholder/#drawer-card-drawerWpsOptionScreen Shot 2021-09-19 at 4.30.36 PM.png

This is the new business model - charge more, deliver less. As long as people coming it unfortunately makes sense. Walt is rolling over in his grave so much they had to put his coffin on a rotisserie.

Since I had a Feb 2022 already booked and bringing oldest grandson and wife...we will go...but....this has to be it for awhile...skip a year....As the parents and grandparents we tend to 'treat' alot on trips..tixs ,dinners, and so...After owning DVC for 21...I don't want to sell....I love when we go....everyone has a limit...it makaes me sad....I try to cut corners whenever I can..its all about WDW.....

This replaced the similar Florida weekday pass they used to have. Obviously it works for someone.

A little confused about above reports.

I have 1 Gold and 3 silver vouchers (we were supposed to activate March 2020 and it got cancelled). I am now thinking of activating them during spring break 2022. This is still all good on the gold/silver black out dates that they have a calendar for. It is a new black out date on the new passes (Disney finally realized that most of Florida schools all have the same week off in March).

I should be good to use these that week since they are good on the current gold/silver calendar right?

2nd part: Would I be able to switch it to the new pass AFTER I use it for spring break (to get summer break). Anyone have any idea what that would cost (I'm thinking it's not worth the upgrade, and I actually prefer the long weekends and spring break vs summer break that they did for the new passes)

And the price for no-blackout dates went up almost $500 per year, and they still limit the number of park passes you can have, and can only park hop at a certain time. It’s ridiculous. Especially photo pass which costs them nothing.
How can you say Photopass costs Disney nothing?
Nothing is free. Someone was paying for it. was paying for it. They apparently decided not to pay anymore.

How can you say Photopass costs Disney nothing?
Nothing is free. Someone was paying for it. was paying for it. They apparently decided not to pay anymore.

photopass absolutely costs money especially for all those cast members to take photos.

I don’t mind having the option to have it as lower tier passes never had that bonus feature

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter