New Disney Visa Offer

Bobo912

DIS Veteran
Got an email from Disney Rewards Visa today with what at first looked like the same old cruise offer. But it is actually the free cruise plus a free iPod Shuffle when you book by Jan 15. Very disappointing. I was hoping it was going to be a discount.

Hi Bobo912, Can you tell me what your e-mail from Disney rewards visa actually said. I have a Disney rewards visa and did not get e-mail with this info. When I called Disney Visa they had not heard of it. I booked My Peru trip 10/28/09 and did receive the free cruise however no mention of a free IPOD shuffle. Thank You for all your info!

Hi Bobo912, Can you tell me what your e-mail from Disney rewards visa actually said. I have a Disney rewards visa and did not get e-mail with this info. When I called Disney Visa they had not heard of it. I booked My Peru trip 10/28/09 and did receive the free cruise however no mention of a free IPOD shuffle. Thank You for all your info!

I just got the email last night, so I don't think it was available when you booked. It's funny that the Visa people would say they don't know about it. I checked their website and it's on the list of offers. Here is the link:

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/offers/abdcruise09.html

I just got the email last night, so I don't think it was available when you booked. It's funny that the Visa people would say they don't know about it. I checked their website and it's on the list of offers. Here is the link:

...called them per this issue (since I booked BSM 6 days ago). ABD said it's not combinable with any other offer. So, since I received the $100 discount....no ipod:headache:.

Ah well....atleast I tried.

...called them per this issue (since i booked BSM 6 days ago). ABD said it's not combinable with any other other. So, since I received the $100 disocunt....no ipod:headache:.

Ah well....atleast I tried.

Well, strictly speaking what they told you is not true, since the offer specifically mentions the free cruise, so it is combinable with that offer. Awfully petty of ABD to refuse to give you an iPod with a retail price of $59 after you've spent thousands with them. Seems to me they should be willing to give it to you as long as you paid with your Disney Visa, regardless of whether you took the free cruise or the $100 off. The iPod is not significant enough to be an incentive anyway, but it's just the principal of the thing.

Thank you - I called Disney Visa again tonight and I was told I should qualify for the free Cruise and the free IPOD Shuffle. I was told the IPOD Shuffle is mailed to your home 45 days prior to your sechduled adventure. Rep told me to call Adventure By Disney on Monday to be sure it will be mailed. You must book qualifying adventure 10/26/09 thru 1/15/10. Thank you so much, I can't believe how much I continue to learn on the Dis Boards!

Thank you - I called Disney Visa again tonight and I was told I should qualify for the free Cruise and the free IPOD Shuffle. I was told the IPOD Shuffle is mailed to your home 45 days prior to your sechduled adventure. Rep told me to call Adventure By Disney on Monday to be sure it will be mailed. You must book qualifying adventure 10/26/09 thru 1/15/10. Thank you so much, I can't believe how much I continue to learn on the Dis Boards!

...was told that they have nothing to do with this promo and that this is handled strictly via ABD. I called back ABD & was told (again) that this promo is not combinable with any other offer...meaning it's the loyalty discount OR the i-pod shuffle OR the free cruise....not the free cruise AND the free I-pod or (in my case) $100 off loyalty discount AND free i-pod.

Ya know....I am backing away from this issue - I don't need the I-pod but as an earlier poster said....it's the principle of the thing. I use an 8-gig or higher I-pod and had wanted to give the 2-gig I-pod as a holiday gift to a friend of mine.

GO FIGURE:eek:.

...was told that they have nothing to do with this promo and that this is handled strictly via ABD. I called back ABD & was told (again) that this promo is not combinable with any other offer...meaning it's the loyalty discount OR the i-pod shuffle OR the free cruise....not the free cruise AND the free I-pod or (in my case) $100 off loyalty discount AND free i-pod.

Ya know....I am backing away from this issue - I don't need the I-pod but as an earlier poster said....it's the principle of the thing. I use an 8-gig or higher I-pod and had wanted to give the 2-gig I-pod as a holiday gift to give to a friend of mine.

GO FIGURE:eek:.

Hmmm...ABD might want to take a look at the emails that are being sent out as well as the Chase website because this is what the offer says:

Your next family vacation can take you a long way.
Book select Adventures by Disney Vacations now and get a 3-night Disney Cruise FREE. Plus, Cardmembers get a FREE iPod Shuffle.

In the fine print it does say that the offer is only available on new bookings at full price, so I can see how they can say it wouldn't apply with the loyalty discount (although that is very cheesy in my opinion). But it's hard to misinterpret 3-night cruise PLUS free iPod.

knewton64 I just reread your post and I am just floored that Chase told you that this promotion has nothing to do with Disney Visa. The emails came from them, not from ABD. And the promotion is on the Chase website. I think maybe Phil1019 got somebody who was more knowledgable than the person you spoke to. It amazes me that companies do not educate their customer service people on their promotions before they announce them to the public. Phil1019, I hope you really get your iPod.

knewton64 I just reread your post and I am just floored that Chase told you that this promotion has nothing to do with Disney Visa. The emails came from them, not from ABD. And the promotion is on the Chase website. I think maybe Phil1019 got somebody who was more knowledgable than the person you spoke to. It amazes me that companies do not educate their customer service people on their promotions before they announce them to the public. Phil1019, I hope you really get your iPod.

..and sp w/rep by name of jon who replied that typically when companies offer these kind of promotions, this is originally initiated by the companies that accept the Disney Visa branded credit card....and not Visa.
He then placed me on hold and (just like the other rep) came back on line...I gave him the above listed thread (that clearly shows the promo) and he came back on line and said that to call 877-728-7282 as again he stressed that this is not a Visa issue...this is a ABD issue.
I pushed the issue but no luck.

So......hey everyone - give me points for trying. So in closing, ABD has said to me that this offer is not combinable with any other discounts. I am choosing to go with that not call that 877# listed above as I believe I will hear the same thing.
I tried but ya know....I am going to go out tonight to my local Walmart in an hour or so and one of the items I will be buying is the Disney film, "Ratatouile." Hey...I have never seen it and looking forward to watching it on my day off (Monday).:goodvibes

Good luck to all on this I-pod shuffle issue and keep me posted should any of you ARE successful.popcorn::

P.S. and to think....I took out my home loan (14 yrs ago) with Chase and also have a 2007 Toyota Corolla (in Aug 2006) 5 yr loan out with Chase as well!

GO FIGURE

It makes sense that they would say it was initiated by ABD. In two weeks, I'll probably get an email directly from ABD with the same offer. That's the way it's worked in the past. It's on the Chase website though, so it would be nice if they could provide accurate information. Oh well, definitely not worth getting worked up over. It's pretty laughable that the ABD rep said you had to choose between the $100 discount or the cruise or the iPod. Why would anybody be incented to book a $3000-$5000 per person trip because they could get a $59 iPod?

Enjoy your movie, knewton64!

It makes sense that they would say it was initiated by ABD. In two weeks, I'll probably get an email directly from ABD with the same offer. That's the way it's worked in the past. It's on the Chase website though, so it would be nice if they could provide accurate information. Oh well, definitely not worth getting worked up over. It's pretty laughable that the ABD rep said you had to choose between the $100 discount or the cruise or the iPod. Why would anybody be incented to book a $3000-$5000 per person trip because they could get a $59 iPod?

Enjoy your movie, knewton64!

O.K. - here is the info I received today from ABD re: free ipod shuffle to Disney Rewards Card holders - The first rep told me that she had several calls today about the confusion with this offer. Stated offer should be either the free cruise or the free ipod shuffle and that ABD was checking with the marketing director for clarification. She also stated that this offer had noting to do with Disney but with the Visa people. I told her I beg to differ since it was on the Disney Go web site AND - since it is clearly advertised as free cruise AND free ipod to cardmembers they are in breach of their advertisement. I asked to speak with a supervisor at that point. Spoke with supervisor Amber. I was told that I was the third call this AM re: same and that she would honor the advertisement and asked me to send her the link to the offer. SO---- the moral of this story is the sqeaky wheel gets the oil!

O.K. - here is the info I received today from ABD re: free ipod shuffle to Disney Rewards Card holders - The first rep told me that she had several calls today about the confusion with this offer. Stated offer should be either the free cruise or the free ipod shuffle and that ABD was checking with the marketing director for clarification. She also stated that this offer had noting to do with Disney but with the Visa people. I told her I beg to differ since it was on the Disney Go web site AND - since it is clearly advertised as free cruise AND free ipod to cardmembers they are in breach of their advertisement. I asked to speak with a supervisor at that point. Spoke with supervisor Amber. I was told that I was the third call this AM re: same and that she would honor the advertisement and asked me to send her the link to the offer. SO---- the moral of this story is the sqeaky wheel gets the oil!
Good for you, Phil1019!!! That's how it was advertised, and they need to stick by it!

That said, however, I have to agree with Bobo912 about ABD's position here. We're talking a freakin' $59 iPod SHUFFLE! Does anyone *really* think that that alone is enough incentive to get someone to sign up for a $3000-$5000 per person tour? I was doubtful about the free cruise! This strikes me as extremely ludicrous!

Sayhello

...loved every minute of it:goodvibes. NOW I have the yearning to go on an ABD Paris vacation:thumbsup2.

About the I-pod debate. I also agree with the above previous poster but again good luck to all on thispopcorn::.

Got an email from Disney Rewards Visa today with what at first looked like the same old cruise offer. But it is actually the free cruise plus a free iPod Shuffle when you book by Jan 15. Very disappointing. I was hoping it was going to be a discount.

What does an Ipod shuffle run, $50.00? I do not see how they think $50.00 is going to make a difference in deciding about a $10,000+ trip.

This whole iPod shuffle thing is ludicrous in the grand scheme of the cost of an ABD tour.

Anybody looking for a REAL incentive PM me and I'll make your day. :wizard:
PROMISE!!

This is the same issue that I have already posted about. I booked the Peru trip (8/16/10) and got the $100 loyalty discount since this is my husbands and I THIRD ABD trip and my daughter's SECOND. You would think that the price of the cruise or an iPod would not be such an issue as to cause negative feelings to their loyal clients. However, ABD does not seem to feel that way.

We had a great time both in Ireland and Italy, but ABD's lack of loyalty to us will prevent us from booking with them again. There are lots of tours who value loyalty and ABD is not one of them.

Too bad, I LOVE to travel and intend to do it more often.

KayGuidance

all I know is that we are looking forward to our 4th ABD trip--we look at our memory books and relive the other trips now and again; getting an Ipod or even a small discount makes no real difference. The trips have been grand, the memories solid and warm and the guides fantastic. I might add that we have always had small acts of unexpected kindness or surprise happen on each trip, which I know (from my own experiences with other tour groups) wouldn't happen outside of the Disney touch. Good enough for us--but everyone has their own needs and expectations, and ABD won't be for everyone (especially where cost is the major factor). Happy travels no matter where you go or how you get there!

This is the same issue that I have already posted about. I booked the Peru trip (8/16/10) and got the $100 loyalty discount since this is my husbands and I THIRD ABD trip and my daughter's SECOND. You would think that the price of the cruise or an iPod would not be such an issue as to cause negative feelings to their loyal clients. However, ABD does not seem to feel that way.

We had a great time both in Ireland and Italy, but ABD's lack of loyalty to us will prevent us from booking with them again. There are lots of tours who value loyalty and ABD is not one of them.

Too bad, I LOVE to travel and intend to do it more often.

KayGuidance

You have stated this before and while I respect your opinion I am curious as to what tours that are comparable to disney offer loyalty discounts. I have asked this before and you didn't answer then either. I know someone posted I think it was thompson that has repeat discounts but their tours are not comparable to ABD at least in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter