• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney Theme Park reservation system

My daughter and I had no luck getting in. Her boyfriend was able to and secured our parks for an AugustFamily trip. They had no luck with their trip in November. The Dvc reservation I made for them shows in her mde but only with blue Mickey heads, and they are not considered resort guests with tickets No luck getting through to Dvc on the phone.

I had 4 nights, 4 nights, 2 nights in July and 4 nights in Jan. I could only book one park pass in Jan until I canceled one park reservation in July, but still have only 2 then (plus 9 for July).

I don’t remember! :upsidedow If I ever get in again I will. I did not see directions, just the button to click for park reservation.
Here is the link that takes you to the calendar where you can click on "Resort Guest" and it currently shows availability for all parks for days where the parks are open.
There is a different calendar that does not have the resort guest option and that other calendar is the one that shows all parks as unavailable. Note: The link on MDE takes you to this other calendar that does not have the resort guest option
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/a...mp=ILC-AdmissionCalendar_TicketConfigCalendar
ETA: does not seem to work in the Microsoft Edge browser, but does work in Firefox and Chrome.

Last edited:
It appears that once you have 7+ days on a reservation, you cannot book anymore days on a different reservation on different dates. Could somebody confirm that, please?
This isn't true. We have unactivated APs and DVC and cash stays for 10 days in Aug and 8 days in Dec. We got reservations for all 18 days.

I think it is. I booked 3 park days for December and 4 for May. I went to book a park for my last morning in may and got the exceeded limit. I also have an AP.
This happened to me as well- AP holders with linked DVC reservation and only able to book 3 days. So frustrating after 3 hours trying to get in

This happened to me as well- AP holders with linked DVC reservation and only able to book 3 days. So frustrating after 3 hours trying to get in
Ya I got 14 days of stays to book and only got 3 and the IT line is dead silence on hold and busy with other phones.

This isn't true. We have unactivated APs and DVC and cash stays for 10 days in Aug and 8 days in Dec. We got reservations for all 18 days.
It looks like inactivate APs are having better luck than active APs. I can't figure out the programming error that is resulting in the random number of days an AP user is able to reserve.

Last edited:

I was finally able to get in an hour ago and book reservations for our July and October trips...of course as I was booking the last day of the October trip I hit confirm and Olaf showed up. I haven't been able to get anything else on that tab. On another tab I was able to long in and try again for that same park and day but it said I already have a reservation for that day. When I check in the MDE app I see that day showing up as having the reservation , so I guess I'm good. :confused3
We have a trip booked for Thanksgiving as well but our AP's expire the end of October now (but not really because we are getting an extra month so I should be good but because they are not adding that extra month until October I can't book Thanksgiving. Some gift! They probably won't let me by the renewal because instead of expiring in the beginning of July our passes now expire the end of October because of the extension! Not sure we will end up getting park reservations for Thanksgiving now.

I finally got off the phone with Disney after waiting over an hour and then another 20 minutes with the cast member going back and forth. I'm not the only one with the problem of only being able to reserve 3 days in the park on a 5 day trip in November (already knew that) but she just confirmed that there is a glitch. Gee thanks.

She put in a ticket for me to add to the many others and said that IT was working on it. All I can do it keep checking back.

Not surprised but disappointed.

Anybody get a "We're almost in orbit" screen with Space Mountain on it when you click on Make a Park Pass Reservation once you login? I've been on that screen for at least 15 minutes. It says not to hit back or refresh...

Confirmed they used FP code for this new park reservation system...during a park reservation view I got "
We cannot display the FastPass+ experience name right now. Please check back later." Like was said before, thats why there is a time, just easier to keep it and make it park hours, then remove it.

I added a old MYW ticket to one of our party so I could make park reservations for them. Just got an email confirming that addition. the email said in part.

If you’ve added a Theme Park ticket you now have the ability to take advantage of Disney FastPass+ service*! This great service not only lets you reserve access to some of your must-do Theme Park fun before you arrive, it also helps minimize the time you spend waiting on those experiences while you're here!

Way to provide such updated information Disney.

Call me crazy but I just took a screen shot of every days theme park reservation just in case they disappear for some reason. Be smart people and do the same.

Reactions: tbk
I have been on the "we're almost in orbit page for 2 hours.. logged in 4 hours ago and went thru castle and time count down to land here. Any thing I should do differently?

I have been on the "we're almost in orbit page for 2 hours.. logged in 4 hours ago and went thru castle and time count down to land here. Any thing I should do differently?
Try different browser types, and devices. My wife and I both had 3 devices each....

Once the orbit page loads to the park pass reservation page, you should be immediately able to pick your dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter