• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney Theme Park reservation system

Thank you. That is whay I was told but there are several CMs who have told other something different today and people posted screenshots of the chats on the Rumors thread
It makes more sense that they would first take care of guests this year so as not to clog up the system. They are still going to put those with pkgs in 2021 ahead of those that can book availability for the rest of 2020. So it wouldn't make sense to overload the system Monday especially when I am sure they are working with limited CM's due to well you know the word.

So we have to book a park reservation for every day without days off for breaks? The wording sounds like we have to book every day of the visit if we have multi day tickets. We had a 14 day resort stay planned with 8 day tickets with scheduled breaks between days...is this no longer possible?

You aren't required to book every day. You just need to pick what park on days you want to go to a park. You can certainly take a day off. Can you imagine 14 days without a break. I need a nap just thinking about it.

It makes more sense that they would first take care of guests this year so as not to clog up the system. They are still going to put those with pkgs in 2021 ahead of those that can book availability for the rest of 2020. So it wouldn't make sense to overload the system Monday especially when I am sure they are working with limited CM's due to well you know the word.

Exaclty! It’s said that you have CMs though telling people something different. The good news is that it will quickly be known Monday morning.

I got an email saying the reservation system will be available to me on Monday, but I only have a reservation, no tickets. I wonder if they'll open up ticket purchasing on the same day for those with room only?

Exaclty! It’s said that you have CMs though telling people something different. The good news is that it will quickly be known Monday morning.
I am Pacific time so I have to get up at 4 a.m. to book mine. Then go to work. The only problem is you know as well as I do those with 2021 pkgs will try to log on and give it the ole college try to book.

Don’t you think that after all different stories delays and just plain silliness that has gone on for so long, that Disney will want Monday to go off without a hitch. They must have tons of excess server capacity, as all the parks, restaurants, shops, pop stands are now shut down.

Ralph

I got an email saying the reservation system will be available to me on Monday, but I only have a reservation, no tickets. I wonder if they'll open up ticket purchasing on the same day for those with room only?
You would need tickets linked to your MDE to book. I think there are still some 3rd party vendors selling them. I would get them today and then link them right away. Just make sure everyone has a ticket and all are linked to your MDE before Monday.

This is all so hard to follow.

So if I want to make a park reservation for a period after the expiration date of my AP, but within the expected extension period, will I be shut out until they actually do extend the AP?

This is all so hard to follow.

So if I want to make a park reservation for a period after the expiration date of my AP, but within the expected extension period, will I be shut out until they actually do extend the AP?
I wonder if they will make an exception if you called in?

Yes, they said it would be extended (approx 4 months for park closure, plus and extra month to be posted in October). But so far MDE indicates the original experiation date.

The information on the website says no.

I don’t know if it’s mentioned yet, but what happens if availability isn’t there or how you planned on using your tickets. I have a 5 day in Dec which I planned on using to hit MK twice and the others once each. If it doesn’t work for the days and I wind up getting 3 of the 5, how will Disney address that? Refund, extend the dates the 2 days left over can be used later, etc. Any thoughts?

Knowing that all previously purchased tickets have expiration dates extended to September of 2021, if a person successfully reserves a number of dates at various parks this summer but is unwilling to show up on that day due to continually escalating cases and chooses to just make it a resort stay. Will the tickets be forfeited for the number of days a person doesn't show up?

Will the reserved, but unused tickets, lose those days or will they be recognized as unused days and be available for a potential future trip, to be used before the expiration date of September 2021?

Better yet, will there be an option to remove a successfully reserved park visit, either online or by phone, and how far in advance must it be done to avoid forfeiting days off of the tickets?

then as I'm reading it, we can only make 3 days or park reservations? But anyone with tickets or regular resort reservations can book length of stay?

Why can you only book 3 days for parks? I admit that this whole thing has me totally confused. Like you, I'm going in 2021, and I'd thought this "park reservation" thing was only for the rest of 2020, hopefully even less. I have a stay in January, 2021, but I don't have an AP, so I have to wait until tickets go on sale again before I can do anything. It's a 9 day stay, split between BCV and VGF. Will I only get 3 days total, 3 days at each resort, or (I hope) hang tight and hope this "park reservation" thing is gone by then.

Knowing that all previously purchased tickets have expiration dates extended to September of 2021, if a person successfully reserves a number of dates at various parks this summer but is unwilling to show up on that day due to continually escalating cases and chooses to just make it a resort stay. Will the tickets be forfeited for the number of days a person doesn't show up?

Will the reserved, but unused tickets, lose those days or will they be recognized as unused days and be available for a potential future trip, to be used before the expiration date of September 2021?

Better yet, will there be an option to remove a successfully reserved park visit, either online or by phone, and how far in advance must it be done to avoid forfeiting days off of the tickets?

I believe there will be a way to cancel and I thought I read somewhere you might have to the day before?

I am still waiting to find out if you can cancel out someone in your group vs everyone as well.

I don’t know if it’s mentioned yet, but what happens if availability isn’t there or how you planned on using your tickets. I have a 5 day in Dec which I planned on using to hit MK twice and the others once each. If it doesn’t work for the days and I wind up getting 3 of the 5, how will Disney address that? Refund, extend the dates the 2 days left over can be used later, etc. Any thoughts?
I believe you can use any unused park days up until sept 2021. But they have stated that although you may have a resort reservation and tickets you are not guaranteed a park reservation. They also mentioned no refunds.

Why can you only book 3 days for parks? I admit that this whole thing has me totally confused. Like you, I'm going in 2021, and I'd thought this "park reservation" thing was only for the rest of 2020, hopefully even less. I have a stay in January, 2021, but I don't have an AP, so I have to wait until tickets go on sale again before I can do anything. It's a 9 day stay, split between BCV and VGF. Will I only get 3 days total, 3 days at each resort, or (I hope) hang tight and hope this "park reservation" thing is gone by then.

It will not be gone. It is in place until at least next September.

If you buy an AP, you can have as many length of stay days as match your stays,

If you do not have a stay, then an AP holder is allowed to only hold 3 days at a time.

So, you will be able to book all the days to match BCV and VGF days.

I believe it will act much like a dining reservation where you can cancel anytime up until the day before. Like ADR's if you reserve a park and then don't show up then you would forfeit that day. I am pretty confident that MDE will have a modify park option. So you could modify or cancel. The park day would go back on your ticket. . I also wouldn't wait until the day before to cancel as there is a higher chance of no park availability.

It will not be gone. It is in place until at least next September.

If you buy an AP, you can have as many length of stay days as match your stays,

If you do not have a stay, then an AP holder is allowed to only hold 3 days at a time.

So, you will be able to book all the days to match BCV and VGF days.
Right, which is awesome for early 2021, but puts those outside of 11 months at a disadvantage, right? Or did I miss something? Info is coming out so hot and heavy, I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter