New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Looks like the start of the Atrium/Staircase
At first glance, I would say yes. but not 100% certain. I think your right that those are elevator shafts where the lifeboat davits are sitting on the top of that deck, and those are the 5 main genset exhausts. The elevators I think are crew elevators. Unless Disney did some major rearranging, then those would be the Aft elevators which would not go up into Palos/Remys and cabanas. So Im leaning towards crew. Using the elevators area compared to the Dream, which in theory should be close, that area is where D Lounge is located. Tiffanys would be foward of that. (towards the left of the picture would be foward for those following along) I could be wrong and have been before, but I think that open area may be too far aft, to be the atriums 2nd level. Also, it doesnt seem to drop down into deck 3 where the atrium lobby is.
Heres a better picture:

2020_02_21_halle_5_w466_1022x520 (1).jpg

At first glance, I would say yes. but not 100% certain. I think your right that those are elevator shafts where the lifeboat davits are sitting on the top of that deck, and those are the 5 main genset exhausts. The elevators I think are crew elevators. Unless Disney did some major rearranging, then those would be the Aft elevators which would not go up into Palos/Remys and cabanas. So Im leaning towards crew. Using the elevators area compared to the Dream, which in theory should be close, that area is where D Lounge is located. Tiffanys would be foward of that. (towards the left of the picture would be foward for those following along) I could be wrong and have been before, but I think that open area may be too far aft, to be the atriums 2nd level. Also, it doesnt seem to drop down into deck 3 where the atrium lobby is.
Heres a better picture:

View attachment 550913

If you look at the right of the picture at the bottom you'll see what I think the aft crew stairwell, the crew elevator shaft may be obscured by the crane.

The elevators you mention could be for the crew but I am still leaning towards guest elevator. On the Dream class the guest elevators are normally facing either Port or Starboard whereas the crew elevators are orientated Fore/Aft. Another thing that makes me think guest elevators is that on the Dream Class the exhaust stack is on the other wall of the restaurant on Dk3, this is assuming that they are keeping similar build conventions by having the guest area stop at the bulkhead of the exhaust stack.

The open area could be the atrium and staircase, look at the circular platform, could be an attachment point for a staircase. Or could be a theater or cinema?

Edit: Looking at post 1,730 on pg 87 it does look like its the atrium, its got the staircase attachment point. Perhaps the atrium will be 1 deck higher.

This was my thought from the @truck1 's photo:

I thought the dual 'holes' for the elevators and the large one to the left of it looked a lot like the Dream class that has a stairwell beside their elevator banks. I assumed the cut-out section to the left must be the atrium. Wouldn't that make that bank of elevators the Aft elevators?

View attachment 550983

I thought the dual 'holes' for the elevators and the large one to the left of it looked a lot like the Dream class that has a stairwell beside their elevator banks. I assumed the cut-out section to the left must be the atrium. Wouldn't that make that bank of elevators the Aft elevators?

Pretty much my thoughts on the Wish so far.

View attachment 550983

When I compared the decknplans for the Dream class to the Wishes feru, the Dream class aft elevators are aft of the exhausts/engines. And the midship elevators are on the forward end of the atrium. And are glass. If you look closely at where the large cutout on deck 5 is, it only runs from deck 4 to 5. On the Dream class and the Magic class, the atrium runs from 3 to 5. The other issue is the aft deck house where Cabanas, and Palos are. They would require elevators also, and when you look at a profile of the Dream class as a comparison, the elevators in the picture would be well forward of the deck house, and miss it entirely.

If you look at the renderings of Wish, there are cabin bump outs that are presumably were some elevators are located. The aft bump out is in from of the aft funnel, which matches what appears to be guest elevators forward of the genes funnels. This is definitely a different than Dream class ships. There is a fwd bump out in front of the forward funnel which would match a Dream class ship. Since there would seem to be a need for aft elevators for Cabanas/Palo/Remy and I can't imaging they would get rid of atrium elevators, there seems to be four elevators groups rather than three in Dream class ships.

If you look at the renderings of Wish, there are cabin bump outs that are presumably were some elevators are located. The aft bump out is in from of the aft funnel, which matches what appears to be guest elevators forward of the genes funnels. This is definitely a different than Dream class ships. There is a fwd bump out in front of the forward funnel which would match a Dream class ship. Since there would seem to be a need for aft elevators for Cabanas/Palo/Remy and I can't imaging they would get rid of atrium elevators, there seems to be four elevators groups rather than three in Dream class ships.
There's actually more then 3 on each DCL ship. And they usually mirror each other. In other words for the aft public elevators, on the other wall,, there's crew elevators for luggage, to access the engine rooms, bridge etc. The main issue that we are having, is the lack of info coming from Disney. We're assuming that internally, the Wish class will be very similar to the Dream and even the Magic class. So, using that logic, atrium is 3 decks, 1 mdr behind it, with the other 2 below and aft of the atrium, etc. Figmentspark may be right and it could very well be the Busan Vista Theatre.

Just like
I'm being incredibly pedantic, but it's Palo, not Palos. Just like it's Remy, not Remys/Remy's/etc. Can people please start getting the name of things right.
Just like their ships, not boats.

Between auto correct, and predictive typing my phone drives me nuts. You should have seen how many times I had to correct mdr.

The autocorrect got me thinking that a Korean restaurant would be awesome on a cruise ship DCL or otherwise, though I'm not sure if the demand is there to support it.

And, just like that, Meyer Werft (Papenburg) today deleted the third frame of its Hall 6 webcam -- the Disney Wish. Guess the Mouse doesn't want incremental build images shown for its DCL faithful to talk about and grow anticipation organically but a reveal upon float out. Was there a webcam for the entirety of the Fantasy build?

The autocorrect got me thinking that a Korean restaurant would be awesome on a cruise ship DCL or otherwise, though I'm not sure if the demand is there to support it.
Honestly, they need to make enchanted different on each ship. It can be the same premise, but and add in some different food style. Like Hong Kong, where it would be Asian or similar type foods, New York style food on another, etc. Hawaiin themed like Moana would be another idea.

There's actually more then 3 on each DCL ship. And they usually mirror each other. In other words for the aft public elevators, on the other wall,, there's crew elevators for luggage, to access the engine rooms, bridge etc. The main issue that we are having, is the lack of info coming from Disney. We're assuming that internally, the Wish class will be very similar to the Dream and even the Magic class. So, using that logic, atrium is 3 decks, 1 mdr behind it, with the other 2 below and aft of the atrium, etc. Figmentspark may be right and it could very well be the Busan Vista Theatre.

I should have said I was referring to just guest elevators.
Since only the aft funnel is functional, this has to be the aft section of the ship. I'm pretty sure that is the atrium seen to the left.
You can see part of the bump on on the top floor near the middle lifeboat arm pair.
That's a really bummer that Weyer Werft took down that webcam.

And, just like that, Meyer Werft (Papenburg) today deleted the third frame of its Hall 6 webcam -- the Disney Wish. Guess the Mouse doesn't want incremental build images shown for its DCL faithful to talk about and grow anticipation organically but a reveal upon float out. Was there a webcam for the entirety of the Fantasy build?
Yes. Mw had both Dream class ships on cam the whole time. They may not have taken it down. When I looked Monday, it was the same picture as last week, only with a different date. DCL Blog posted it and when I looked again the pictures were different, updated to what was there yesterday. Well see in a day or so what happens.

I should have said I was referring to just guest elevators.
Since only the aft funnel is functional, this has to be the aft section of the ship. I'm pretty sure that is the atrium seen to the left.
You can see part of the bump on on the top floor near the middle lifeboat arm pair.
That's a really bummer that Weyer Werft took down that webcam.
It is the aft, but the thing that stands out to me are 1, the cutout only goes down 1 deck. The atrium is 3 decks deep. When I compared the Dream class silhouettes to the Wish, the Atriums are pretty much under the forward funnel. The door we enter for the first time, on deck 3, lines up under the forward funnel. Just under the aft end of the forward funnel to be exact. Looking at Figmentsparks lettering, if you swap elevator for stairs, its for the crew.

It is the aft, but the thing that stands out to me are 1, the cutout only goes down 1 deck. The atrium is 3 decks deep. When I compared the Dream class silhouettes to the Wish, the Atriums are pretty much under the forward funnel. The door we enter for the first time, on deck 3, lines up under the forward funnel. Just under the aft end of the forward funnel to be exact. Looking at Figmentsparks lettering, if you swap elevator for stairs, its for the crew.

I saw that 1 deck of the cutout as there would be two more decks of atrium yet to be built but it does look like the floor inside the cutout is on deck 4 when you would expect it on deck 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter