New Disney Genie

No, error there too. Maybe the trip is just too far away (Aug 2021!) - I'll panic if it's not working early next year.

did you go into the part of genie where you link your ticket?
on the first page of genie, you'll see the section, "disney genie service"
in that box, on the right is "view my day"...
you click on "view my day"
then on the next page you click on "Is anything missing?" which is towards the bottom
on that page, click on "link tickets"

if that doesn't work you can call Disney's tech support.
i have to find the special UK number for tech support. I haven't called them in a few years so it might take me a while to find where i stored it

but probably you should wait a few days, since this is the first day of genie and they're probably overwhelmed

Last edited:

Posting this here seeing as it's now live and someone may know. We have 14 day ultimate tickets for next year, bought from Virgin which are registered with the app and assigned to the three of us who are going. In new Genie I can see the park reservations we've made. But if I try and access the days, I see "Park reservation : You're good to go!" but if I hit "get started" it tells me "You'll need to link or add valid theme park admission first".

it could be that 'get started' can only be done on the day you're there?
since genie isn't an advance service?
i don't know...
this whole genie thing is beyond my comprehension..
let me see if i can find the number

i think this is the tech support number for my disney experience, which i assume also means for disney genie

0800 16 90 749 (UK)

Fixed my Top Tips issue with the ‘something went wrong’ error. So, I live in Ireland. I used a VPN (express VPN) on my phone to say I was in the USA right now, and reopened the Top Tips tabs…it worked! The location feature of the app may be affecting some of us overseas. Only way I could get it to work though.

I used the live chat feature yesterday to explain my problem with Top Tips. Checked on that this morning and they didn't respond except to say it's resolved. Checked Top Tips without VPN this morning and now it's working.

Last edited:
My tickets are now recognised by Genie but can’t see a way on website to add genie to them for whole duration (although suspect we won’t do that anyway). Tips board still broken but at least it’s better than yesterday.

Some info

For those who have used Maxpass in California, Genie + is Maxpass with the added extras of being able to buy specific individual rides and create a park touring plan when you input your dining reservations and must do rides and attractions.

When you buy one of the specific rides or book one of the included Lightening Lanes, and the ride / attraction is down at your time, you will automatically get an anytime pass for that ride / attraction. The down ride pass will be removed and you can book another in place of it.

Also yes, stacking is still possible. For example, you check Genie+ at 10am but the next available time for Peter Pan is 5pm. book it. Then at 12pm, you check Genie+ and the next available time for Haunted Mansion is 6pm, book it. Then at 2pm, you check Genie + and the next available time for Buzz Lightyear is 7pm, book it. Now go back to your hotel for an afternoon at the pool and you have your evening planned and you can go from lightening lane to lightening lane and bypass the big wait in the standby line.

My tickets are now recognised by Genie but can’t see a way on website to add genie to them for whole duration (although suspect we won’t do that anyway). Tips board still broken but at least it’s better than yesterday.

i thought genie+ can only be added on the day of the visit, not in advance.

I thought it could be added to the whole ticket in advance (IE 14 days x $15 + tax) but if you want selective days, you could only do it on the day?

Yes that's what I have heard. I'm trying to debate what to do for our trip at the start of May.

I thought it could be added to the whole ticket in advance (IE 14 days x $15 + tax) but if you want selective days, you could only do it on the day?
could be - i've heard so many different things, my head is spinning
the question is why would you do it?
there's no savings by getting it for the whole ticket and what if you're sick one day?

could be - i've heard so many different things, my head is spinning
the question is why would you do it?
there's no savings by getting it for the whole ticket and what if you're sick one day?

Not only that, if it works well, we may only go to, say Epcot once, or do a day less at MK and spend another day by the pool. My only concern is my credit card getting blocked for lots of small value US transactions!

Not only that, if it works well, we may only go to, say Epcot once, or do a day less at MK and spend another day by the pool. My only concern is my credit card getting blocked for lots of small value US transactions!

oh yes that can be an issue

Last edited:
. My only concern is my credit card getting blocked for lots of small value US transactions!

You tell you bank / credit card before you travel. I have been doing this for years, its one of my things to do before a trip. Some banks even have the option in the online banking dashboard. You put in the date you leave your home country, where you are traveling to and when you are coming back home. Its then noted on the banks / credit card system and the cards don't get blocked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter