New Disney cruise ship to set sail from Singapore from 2025

There's really no point in arguing about this. They already chose Singapore instead of Shanghai and there's no changing that. As a bonus, we don't have to deal with Chinese government nonsense.
LOL I'm not arguing. I hope and desire only. Having lived in South Korea for two years I don't have a lot of desire to see other Asian ports so if DCL doesn't do a three park cruise then I will take Holland America as mentioned above.

Disney isn't trying to rock the boat here. There's already well-demonstrated demand for 3-5 day Phuket and Penang cruises from Singapore in the exact market segment that is Disney's sweet spot, and most tourists have relatively easy and visa-free access to Singapore. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney branches out a bit in their 3rd or 4th years of operations, but at the time when these decisions were being made there would have been pretty significant additional risk to porting in China or Japan.

IMO, cruises are a pretty poor way to do theme park visits anyway. On the 7-night Disney Magic sailing from NY that does a port stop in Port Canaveral/Disney World, we felt super rushed and missed significant park experiences because we were limited to the hours we were in port. Tokyo and Shanghai Disneyland really warrant multi-day visits. IMO, Disney would be much better off doing Adventures by Disney Escapes to the theme parks that line up with the sailings.

Last edited:

It is massive. It was designed to fit 9000 passengers. Disney plans operate it with 6000 passengers.
I knew it was a huge ship (much bigger than any of the other DCL ones). I guess seeing the picture, and comparing it in my brain with visuals of the other DCL ships in the hall, put into a new perspective for me).

Wow that ship is HUGE!

I can't wait to hear more information about this! Personally we LOVE cruises that give you a taste of everything. Like the first time we visited Hawaii it was on a cruise. This way we could get a taste of all the islands which we never would have been able to do if we just flew there and stayed at a resort. That's also the plan with Alaska.

If there was a cruise to come out that stopped where you could get to all the parks I would be saving up right now. Realistically its not going to happen. I think someone posted maybe in this thread maybe another that a trip like that for a ROUND TRIP would be about 15 days which is really long for a Disney cruise. Even 1 way, which DCL doesn't do many of, you still are at a pretty high number of days. My bucket list includes going to ALL of the Disney parks and sailing on ALL of the Disney ships. So that would be right up my alley but that long of a cruise plus travel to get there isn't realistic for a family of 5.

This is perfect news! I'm planning to go to Singapore, and it would be perfect to have this already on my vacation.

Singapore is on my bucket list. Depending on the itineraries, this is a port I would absolutely consider sailing from.
A new Disney cruise ship sounds like a dream come true. I can’t wait to see what it will look like and what kind of attractions and entertainment it will offer. I’m sure it will be magical and unforgettable. 🚢✨

I’ve always wanted to visit Singapore too and experience its rich culture, delicious food, and stunning attractions. It’s one of the most popular and diverse destinations in the world. And now, with the new Disney cruise ship, it’s even more tempting to plan a trip there and you should definitely check out this guide that I found online https://gowithguide.com/blog/singapore-tourism-statistics-2023-the-ultimate-guide-5549 It has everything you need to know about Singapore tourism statistics, trends, attractions, and tips It’s very informative and helpful.

Hope this help you in your trip soon!

For perspective, how does it compare to the Dream, which is the only one I have sailed so far.

LAX
The Dream is listed as 1114.7 feet long by 121.4 feet wide at its widest point and 217 feet high with 18 total decks (14 accessible by passengers) and is listed at 129,690 gross tons

The Disney Adventure is 1122 feet long by 152 feet wide at its widest point, doesn’t have a height currently listed, weighing in at over 208,000 gross tons and it’s only been mentioned that there are 20 decks for the ship (unsure if that’s just the passenger decks listed or total)

Because the Adventure is so wide, it'll have a very different feel than any other DCL ship. If you look at the Royal Oasis/Icon ships or the MSC World ships which have similar GT size, there's enough room to fit two pools side by side.

And since this ship was adapted from the NCL Breakaway class, you can probably imagine that there'll be a very large Concierge area and interesting cabin configurations (NCL has lots of 2-bedroom suites in the Haven, for instance). Also NCL had so much space on the Breakaway/Breakaway+ ships (which are still considerably smaller than the Adventure, BTW) that they had room for laser tag and go karts. I don't think DCL will launch a ship with go karts, but I do think a very large waterpark that competes with Icon of the Seas is a strong possibility, and a much larger successor to the Aqua Mouse seem likely.

I also wouldn't be surprised if DCL announces a 2nd ship like the Adventure (or a ship modeled more closely after the Royal Icon- or MSC World-class ships). The recent earnings statement said something to the effect of the market being able to bear more ship expansion? And with everyone launching megaships, I wouldn't expect DCL to launch a 4th Triton-class ship. They'll either do Adventure 2.0 or go even bigger.

Because the Adventure is so wide, it'll have a very different feel than any other DCL ship. If you look at the Royal Oasis/Icon ships or the MSC World ships which have similar GT size, there's enough room to fit two pools side by side.

And since this ship was adapted from the NCL Breakaway class, you can probably imagine that there'll be a very large Concierge area and interesting cabin configurations (NCL has lots of 2-bedroom suites in the Haven, for instance). Also NCL had so much space on the Breakaway/Breakaway+ ships (which are still considerably smaller than the Adventure, BTW) that they had room for laser tag and go karts. I don't think DCL will launch a ship with go karts, but I do think a very large waterpark that competes with Icon of the Seas is a strong possibility, and a much larger successor to the Aqua Mouse seem likely.

I also wouldn't be surprised if DCL announces a 2nd ship like the Adventure (or a ship modeled more closely after the Royal Icon- or MSC World-class ships). The recent earnings statement said something to the effect of the market being able to bear more ship expansion? And with everyone launching megaships, I wouldn't expect DCL to launch a 4th Triton-class ship. They'll either do Adventure 2.0 or go even bigger.
If they plan to keep the ship in Asia year round, there’s a decent chance that the focus more on shopping and less on water park/pool deck. Hanging out in the sun is less common for wealthy families in many Asian cultures (many middle and upper class individuals in China can’t swim) and shopping/merch is a huge part of both the TDR and SDL experiences. I would not be surprised to find new “immersive” high end retail experiences on the Adventure.

I wouldn't expect DCL to launch a 4th Triton-class ship. They'll either do Adventure 2.0 or go even bigger.
I think if they were going to "test" market for that size ship in the US, it would have been better to do it with the ADVENTURE since they got it for pennies on the dollar.

Hesitant about the size of the ship but love that part of the world. And Singapore Air is the second best airline I have flown. Much better than any domestic airlines. And if you have been to places like Tokyo, Shanghai, Bangkok, you know they are used to crowds and lines. Singapore is also one of the cleanest and most organized cities I have been to, so fits that Disney profile nicely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter