• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New DAS system larger Party

Keeblerelf928

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

We've only used DAS once before and it was when we still did it in park. I'm trying to avoid the outright meltdown we had before even starting our day by doing it in advance. (Child that struggles to tolerate lines, too much sensory input and being in confined spaces with other people, so guest services first thing in the morning is not what I'd call "fun") So I really want to look at doing the advance system since I can just wait in the wait room while I work. The only issue is we are a party of 7 (it's my family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids, 7 and 3 and my parents and younger brother (2 adults, 1 kid, 16). Do you know if they will add 7 to it (I know its cast member discretion) or if I can just do it with the one extra person at the park (and not drag the DAS holder through the line)?

I don't really care about the advanced reservations, if it's like fast pass, we will miss every return time anyway. I just want my girls to be able to spend time with my brother and their grandparents during the trip. If it matters, all 7 people are under my Disney Experience account as I do all the planning and managing.

Thank you for your help!

So if you do the video conference ahead of time, whoever the DAS is for still needs to be with you. The cast members want to see them. And it is still up to the cast member if they allow that 7th person. There is no way to say yes, they will allow all 7, but it is not impossible. I don't think that it makes a difference if you do the video call or if you sign up at the park. But, if the cast member on the video call won't let you have that 7th person, you can always talk to guest services in the park to see if they will do it. I wish that I could give you a definite yes. Many have posted that they had no issues with more then 6, others where not so lucky.

If you do 6 online and get the advanced selections, can you add the 7th at the park and still get them on the advanced DAS picks? I thought I read here that that doesn't work?

Good to know. We tend to just skip a lot of rides. The kids only have a few "must do" and thankfully they are things like dumbo. I'll do the video chat at the 30 day mark and hope for the best. I really don't care much about the advanced selections as I know they won't really work for us. (which is why I don't think Genie will work since I think that give you a "fast pass" like window. Otherwise, I would just buy genie)

I registered my daughter last Saturday. They put 7 of us on there no problem. She is under 3 so maybe she didn’t count, but our advanced selections are for 7.

So if you do the video conference ahead of time, whoever the DAS is for still needs to be with you. The cast members want to see them. And it is still up to the cast member if they allow that 7th person. There is no way to say yes, they will allow all 7, but it is not impossible. I don't think that it makes a difference if you do the video call or if you sign up at the park. But, if the cast member on the video call won't let you have that 7th person, you can always talk to guest services in the park to see if they will do it. I wish that I could give you a definite yes. Many have posted that they had no issues with more then 6, others where not so lucky.

We just registered via video call yesterday and the CM told me they are unable to add more than 6 people (the DAS holder plus the 5 guests) through the video registration. She said we could ask at guest services when we arrive, or at each individual line, and they may be able to override it, but she didn’t have that power.

(I do think exceptions are made for the under 3 ages since Disney weirdly doesn’t really see them as people, haha.) But everyone in our group is older than that.

I was bummed because I’m a person who likes to make my touring plans ahead of time, and that’s tricky to do without knowing if we’ll need to split up until the day our trip starts. I get why the limit is needed, but I do wish the online chat people could override it. Like look at your history of usage of the pass, see that you don’t abuse it, and send you on your way. I know that’s easier said than done to determine though!

You can book genie+ for your extra person and coordinate to book rides and genie+ windows.
As far as adding in park. The CMs are not supposed to be able to change advanced ride selections. They are being more firm with the limit. Exceptions seem to be made for immediate family only.
The advanced rides are 1 hour use window not open ended like DAS. If you don't think you can make your window then I'd just register in park. You may be allowed to put 7 on the DAS but have to choose which 5 ride with the DAS holder each time.

I was bummed because I’m a person who likes to make my touring plans ahead of time, and that’s tricky to do without knowing if we’ll need to split up until the day our trip starts.

I think if that's the case, you may be more comfortable assuming the answer is as stated: the limit is 6. You may get pixie dust at the park, or on certain rides, but they're already giving you the actual answer. I would personally find it easier (definitely more annoying, I know you want to stay together) to plan for the rule and hope for the exception.

You can book genie+ for your extra person and coordinate to book rides and genie+ windows.

This isn't going to reliably work, at least with how G+ has been going lately. Time windows are all over the place and changing constantly. Many have been really frustrated with the lack of availability.

This isn't going to reliably work, at least with how G+ has been going lately. Time windows are all over the place and changing constantly. Many have been really frustrated with the lack of availability.
It is at least as reliable as getting extra people on a DAS.

I would still do the online registration and hope for the best. If they can’t add the extra person you can go at the park. This was before Covid but I registered and the next day family that we were traveling with joined us so I went to guest services and was able to add them. I am the holder so I’m not sure if the holder would have to be there but I think maybe not since they’re a child.

I would still do the online registration and hope for the best. If they can’t add the extra person you can go at the park. This was before Covid but I registered and the next day family that we were traveling with joined us so I went to guest services and was able to add them. I am the holder so I’m not sure if the holder would have to be there but I think maybe not since they’re a child.

When I was there in August, every time we had to update who was on my DAS, I had to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter