• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Cruises Listed for Fall 2024!!

I'm really disappointed. I was hoping to book the transatlantic next year ending in NY. Probably will look at another cruise line. I suppose the Treasure will do a transatlantic, but the price will be crazy.
Usually the new ships don't have paying passengers for the first transatlantic crossing. They're often doing finish work and training staff.

They used to offer cruises out of Galveston that visited CC. We did one in 2017. It seems like the Galveston cruises all stick to Mexico now though. I know they won't have a shortage of excited guests, but this release was pretty uninspiring for my Houston family.

They used to offer cruises out of Galveston that visited CC. We did one in 2017. It seems like the Galveston cruises all stick to Mexico now though. I know they won't have a shortage of excited guests, but this release was pretty uninspiring for my Houston family.
Agreed. I live in Texas but have no interest in a tropical cruise that doesn't visit Castaway Cay.

I'm not seeing cruises from San Diego either. What!?

I reckon they will only have Spring San Diego cruises when the wonder comes back now. No PC cruise.

This sounds right. Wonder returns to Vancouver at the very beginning of March. Way too early for Alaska, so presumably will head immediately for San Diego and stay there until the Alaska season starts. Same as 2024.

I would agree with the lack of 7 night Fantasy cruises. Also tossing out a "What If" here.. what if the Treasure is going to do it's christening cruise out of NYC, hence the lack of NYC cruises? Just tossing it out and seeing if it will stick eventually. HAHA!! :confused3:rotfl2::cool1:

Ha my brain went here. If I manifest a NY-Bermuda cruise on DCL, it will happen 😂

Really disappointing. No Canada (and no NYC departures at all). And the one Southern Caribbean doesn’t hit any of the ABC islands. 😞

Really disappointing. No Canada (and no NYC departures at all). And the one Southern Caribbean doesn’t hit any of the ABC islands. 😞
Since they aren’t doing a PC I was hoping they might offer a longer repo cruise from FL to Galveston on the Magic, but sadly not.

I was hoping it'd go back to Martinique. We haven't been to Dominica yet either, but aren't as jazzed about that one.

New to planning a cruise so forgive my ignorance but I wonder if the gaps have to deal with the Treasure. Because to me it makes no sense that there isn't a 7 night cruise over christmas, I mean I could be wrong but the last two years there's been one.
My guess is that multiple, shorter cruises over Christmas bring in higher profits than 7-night sailings. A 3-night and a 4-night bring in more revenue to begin with than a 7-night, and shorter cruisers appeal more to first-time cruisers who will pay more in cruise fares and spend more onboard. This is my guess; apologies for sounding cynical.

Agreed. I live in Texas but have no interest in a tropical cruise that doesn't visit Castaway Cay.
I really enjoyed the 7-night Bahamian itineraries from Galveston that were offered until a few years ago. We did one in 2017! Nassau, Key West, Castaway, and three sea days. Delightful! We did that itinerary out of both Galveston and New Orleans. I know the 7-night cruises from Galveston did not sell well and usually ended up heavily discounted.

I could have sworn I saw a second cruise that hit lighthouse point 2x aside from the inaugural, but I can’t find it anymore. Does anyone know if any do? I thought it was castaway plus two lighthouse.

It's a shame the Wonder still isn't going anywhere exciting (in terms of port destinations) while down under. Surely there's potential for itineraries other than local "magic at sea" cruises?

I just do not get why dcl don't take the occasion to update us about the Treasure, they must be aware that everyone kind of was expecting that she would be sailing in Fall 2024? Itineraries? A rendering? Nothing? :rotfl:
I think that would take attention away from the other offerings. They want strong bookings for the current 5 ships. They can release the Treasure separately and get plenty of attention for that alone.

It's a shame the Wonder still isn't going anywhere exciting (in terms of port destinations) while down under. Surely there's potential for itineraries other than local "magic at sea" cruises?
There are so many itineraries. The south pacific is like our Caribbean. Most cruise lines come here and offer Asian, South Pacific, and New Zealand cruises etc. Disney think that the customer just wants the Disney and by evidence of bookings in 2023, it's been a success. As they return after the first few years they will have to mix it up. I am Australian and I haven't booked a single cruise here. I like Disney AND a destination. But we don't have access to any Disney parks within 10 hours flight so pent up demand will keep Magic At Sea a thing for a while.

We had my kid‘s first attempts to get on a Disney cruise cancelled by covid in 2020 and 2021. Both 5 day double dips on the Fantasy. DS turns 10 Dec. 2024. I have been saying we would get on the Fantasy before then and was hoping to leave right after Thanksgiving so we could knock off having Thanksgiving dinner at WDW off my Disney bucket list.

Unfortunately, the dates aren’t lining up the way I hoped with the fantasy alternating longer cruises. So now I either book Fantasy on Jersey week which actually works out pretty well but no Thanksgiving at WDW or I book Thanksgiving week on the Dream returning back to FL the Wed before Thanksgiving, not knowing if I’ll even be able to get that week off work🤷🏼‍♀️

Looked on the main website, no actual gaps (vs in the PDF)

9/8/2024​
7 Night
Gap (Dry Dock?)
10/20/2024​
13 Night
11/2/2024​
4 Night
11/6/2024​
3 Night
11/9/20245 Night
11/14/2024​
4 Night
11/18/2024​
5 Night
11/23/2024​
4 Night
11/27/2024​
5 Night
12/2/2024​
5 Night
12/7/2024​
5 Night
12/12/2024​
4 Night
12/16/2024​
5 Night
12/21/20245 Night
12/26/2024​
4 Night
12/30/2024​
5 Night
Is the Dream schedule?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter