New Credit Card Authorization Holds

IMO, all this talk about Holds versus authorizations I find to be a non issue -:goodvibes

Yes, I will be using a Disney Chase "Dream dollar" credit card for payment.....
Plan on even pre-paying approx $250 off of the card for my 4 night stay at POP, then do the same for DCL.......

Do plan on putting a Chase Visa CC on file for cc charging......
even will tell the CM at check in to also place a $200 authorization on the CC..... I will do this at POP as well as DCL-

I will also tell the CM that I will be using the Dream CC until all monies are used... so please use this CC in window one and then the Chase Visa CC in window two -

NOT A BIG DEAL FOLKS::yes::...... calm down - breathe - its only an authorization...... if CMs are "mad" because the Brass is making them run the Credit limit report, IMO TOUGH COOKIES -

thats called doing your job as it cuts down on Loss Prevention & in some cases - out and out right fraud.

*** ALSO, WHEN I CHECK OUT AND MY BALANCE IS AT ZERO, I ALSO WILL BE TELLING THE CM'S TO PLEASE CHANGE THE METHOD OF PAYMENT FROM MY CC TO CASH......

Some may give me a weird look while others will understand why I am making this request; FYI......:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

But thank you all for all of your opinions popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:
What you are saying won't happen at the resorts
No clue about cruise we don't do those big you can't alter the amounts of the pre-authorization at the resorts norvcan you use anything but a credit card

No body is running a credit limit report. Where did you get that idea?

The second bullet point DID NOT happen like that to me. I had a zero balance on day 5, so the initial $312.69 hold was credited back. Then a new $100 hold was tried but Discover flagged it as fraud since Disney had just released a hold. I had to authorize the hold. Took time out of my day and meanwhile, I couldn’t charge to the magic band. Concierge says this is happening to most people on the 5th day when Disney charges or credits.(Banks are seeing multiple charges and credits on the same day.) She urged me to complete the survey that will be sent at the end of my stay this week. Additionally, even once it was fixed, my magic band lost charging privileges and had to be reprogrammed.
hope you get a survey
I've not been getting them post stays lately
Wonder why the CM seems to think you will?

hope you get a survey

We just stayed at YC. Had a 1 night stay (Saturday) followed by a 6 night stay Sunday to Saturday), same room just needed 2 reservations to take advantage of discounts. Anyway, I got a survey about our 1 night stay on Monday. I never got one following the 6 night stay. And we never got surveys for our September or February stays either.

hope you get a survey
I don’t need a survey. They’ll be hearing what I think. We’re at SSR and got a call on day 5 saying that our credit card was declined and then immediately approved as the result of some kind of “glitch that happens all the time.” The CM said when that happens the account reverts to cash and we had to stop by the front desk to have our credit card added again. The CM who called and the one at the front desk said the problem had nothing to do with this new policy. Our card has a high limit, and we visit Disney 2 or 3 times a year. We don’t charge much to the room. This has never happened before so I’m thinking it has something to do with the new practice.

I don’t need a survey. They’ll be hearing what I think. We’re at SSR and got a call on day 5 saying that our credit card was declined and then immediately approved as the result of some kind of “glitch that happens all the time.” The CM said when that happens the account reverts to cash and we had to stop by the front desk to have our credit card added again. The CM who called and the one at the front desk said the problem had nothing to do with this new policy. Our card has a high limit, and we visit Disney 2 or 3 times a year. We don’t charge much to the room. This has never happened before so I’m thinking it has something to do with the new practice.
My guess is the "glitch" is a fraud alert that WDW is encouraging with all the 100.00 holds. They need to increase the hold amount. Many families spend 100+ on one meal at WDW.
They really haven't thought this through. It's very annoying.

It is being reported on the dis fb page people are now having their card info dropped from file after charges are put through on day 5 so their mb no longer work. Gawd, get it together Disney!!!

It is being reported on the dis fb page people are now having their card info dropped from file after charges are put through on day 5 so their mb no longer work. Gawd, get it together Disney!!!
Sounds like they are not automatically putting the card back on the accounts.
Guess that can be good or bad.
Should be a very easy fix with a simple phone call, for those that don't carry card backups in their wallets.
Annoying yes but not trip-altering.

Should be a very easy fix with a simple phone call, for those that don't carry card backups in their wallets.
LOL You know nothing is an easy fix at Disney.

Exactly what happened to me! Completely dropped my card from my account and couldn't use it at dinner. Thankfully, I always have a credit card and/or giftcard with me at all times. So not a problem, but aggravating and embarrassing!

hope you get a survey

I don't know but she was confident I would get a survey. Checked out yesterday and haven't gotten one yet!

Oh my word... so if we check in on Sunday, how is it counted?

Day 1 = Sunday?
Day 2 = Monday
Day 3 = Tuesday
Day 4 = Wednesday
Day 5 = Thursday

So our MB's won't work on Thursday unless we stop by the front desk and make sure our card is still on file? Or would it be Friday that we could run into trouble?

What you are saying won't happen at the resorts
No clue about cruise we don't do those big you can't alter the amounts of the pre-authorization at the resorts norvcan you use anything but a credit card

No body is running a credit limit report. Where did you get that idea?

I just called WDW resorts - so w a very nice young lady who said 1) yes a cc on file I need 2) I can also at check in pre-pay say $250 from my Disney Dream dollar card ... and then feel free to use my MB...

2) from the sounds of the CMs per the above postings , they are getting yelled at by their Supers for not running the Credit Limit report CORRECTLY-

3) I plan on as j always do after a day a tapping and going w my MB, checking s front desk to see if I need to pay more from my Dream dollar card -

4) I also will ask Front desk to feel free to authorize my credit card on file for their correct amount - again never an issue

5) if my cc “gets accidentally “ deleted by the Night Auditor - again - not an issue - I will use my Dream dollar card or cc until problem gets corrected ... imo - looks like Disney is cya their position atheist 1 day prior to check out ... again imo not an issue ... glad to see they are cutting down on CC declines or worse - out and our right Fraud.

6) again , good luck to all if this is such an issue for you ....

Ttfn

I just called WDW resorts - so w a very nice young lady who said 1) yes a cc on file I need 2) I can also at check in pre-pay say $250 from my Disney Dream dollar card ... and then feel free to use my MB...

2) from the sounds of the CMs per the above postings , they are getting yelled at by their Supers for not running the Credit Limit report CORRECTLY-

3) I plan on as j always do after a day a tapping and going w my MB, checking s front desk to see if I need to pay more from my Dream dollar card -

4) I also will ask Front desk to feel free to authorize my credit card on file for their correct amount - again never an issue

5) if my cc “gets accidentally “ deleted by the Night Auditor - again - not an issue - I will use my Dream dollar card or cc until problem gets corrected ... imo - looks like Disney is cya their position atheist 1 day prior to check out ... again imo not an issue ... glad to see they are cutting down on CC declines or worse - out and our right Fraud.

Ttfn
Not only was the CM incorrect, so is a lot of your terminology. What you think you are going to do will. not. work.

Ttfn
Please tell me what exactly you think a "Credit Limit report" is? If Disney is running or trying to run credit reports on guests without there express written or recorded audio consent they will be sued into oblivion. I'm not asking for any credit from Disney and if I see an inquiry on my credit report from them I will get paid much more than I'm paying them for my trip.

Ttfn

My Discover card had a zero balance when I checked in. I asked to authorize a larger amount to prevent multiple authorizations and was told they can't do that. I asked if they could preload a gift card to my account and was again told no it was not possible. My cc was never actually charged because I paid it off nightly but on day 5 I lost charging privileges on my magic band because of multiple authorizations and credits. I was forced to go to the front desk and have my Discover card loaded to my account again. Credit limit was never my issue. My issue is the fact that they authorized multiple charges, then placed multiple credits; all resulting in having to go back to the front desk and resolve it all and having to call Discover and authorize the Disney activity on my card. IF Disney had let me preload my giftcard, none of this would have happened.

Ttfn
Lol good luck with that!

LOL You know nothing is an easy fix at Disney.
Oh, but when it comes to paying for things, this is easy. I've had charging issues pop up several times. Phones calls fix it up pretty quickly. If they do one thing, they make it so you can charge, when you want to

Ttfn
Good luck.
Prepared for a back up plan because the info you were given is incorrect.

1. What the heck is a Dream Dollar Card?
2. Wha they heck does this mean?
looks like Disney is cya their position atheist 1 day prior to check out

Last edited:
Oh, but when it comes to paying for things, this is easy. I've had charging issues pop up several times. Phones calls fix it up pretty quickly. If they do one thing, they make it so you can charge, when you want to
We tried to fix it with a phone call and it wasn’t so easy. On hold for a very long time, then the CM came back on and said they were still trying to get someone from the “back office” to take the card info over the phone. At that point we just went to the front desk.

All this work to swipe a MB for added convenience to a trip. How is that convenient? I have no idea how Disney came up with this strategy but whoever determined this was going to be implemented without pain for many guests should be terminated, along with the rest of the clowns who agreed that this was a good plan.

DIsney will not let guests preload their account. They will not allow a large enough preauthorization to make this process slightly less aggravating. Unless Disney finds a way to manage this without hitting my card multiple times, I plan to use gift cards or cash. For my family it is no harm no foul because we are not impulse spenders and seldom spend more than we have planed, but if Disney thought the MB was going to increase that guest impulse, the $100 hold process sure did put the brakes on that, did it not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter