New Contemporary Resort Monorail/Incredibles Room Theme Announced - With Pictures

Ok y’all, people are just having fun bantering about a really popular/iconic Disney resort. The place doesn’t exist for 50 years without people having feelings/opinions/a connection with CR - and for some very strong feelings.

Talk all you want about how much you love or hate the rooms, but no need to make it personal. The “Ignore” option is always a good choice if someone’s posting style really grinds your gears - I use it frequently!

Thank you.

I have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary. It's my dream resort.
At least it was. It's off the list now, sadly.
I don't like this cheap look at all and hate the orange sofa. We actually had an ugly orange sofa in the 70's and it was uncomfortable besides being ugly, LOL. The whole look/vibe is not what I like, so I guess it's on to another "dream" resort.

I have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary. It's my dream resort.
At least it was. It's off the list now, sadly.
I don't like this cheap look at all and hate the orange sofa. We actually had an ugly orange sofa in the 70's and it was uncomfortable besides being ugly, LOL. The whole look/vibe is not what I like, so I guess it's on to another "dream" resort.
I think if you're a millenial it's cool if you're beyond millenial it's a horrible flashback. #theykilledCR

Last edited:
So the only thing I’m personally struggling with - and again I’ll wait to experience it myself before really judging - is the window wall structure. I know this fish-eyed camera lens is probably distorting things a bit - but that wall looks thick - like it definitely eats into what used to be room space. Plus it closes in the windows and makes the room ‘look’ narrower. Two normal pluses with CR rooms are their size and floor/ceiling windows (other than the extreme left and right side of the windows).

Guess we’ll see how it feels in real life.

6E99B240-2D4E-46C2-9D61-1882019D2682.jpeg

So the only thing I’m personally struggling with - and again I’ll wait to experience it myself before really judging - is the window wall structure. I know this fish-eyed camera lens is probably distorting things a bit - but that wall looks thick - like it definitely eats into what used to be room space. Plus it closes in the windows and makes the room ‘look’ narrower. Two normal pluses with CR rooms are their size and floor/ceiling windows (other than the extreme left and right side of the windows).

View attachment 584439
Maybe they want it to feel like you're going into a monorail tunnel.

I like the theming, but feel like the explicitly IP-heavy decorative elements are a bit overdone. That said, I would have never stayed at CR before, and would consider doing so now -- just as a counter to the nearly-unanimous pummeling these rooms are getting on the thread.

(I also like the Poly redesign, and am amused to see so many people compare the Moana rooms favorably to these ones given how much of the exact same whinging was directed at those rooms, way back in the olden days of like 6 weeks ago.)

but that wall looks thick - like it definitely eats into what used to be room space. Plus it closes in the windows and makes the room ‘look’ narrower.
I think it is going to be about 2-3 inches (door frame width) and would account for the older large valance window curtains before that used to intruded into the room.

I am still stuck on the floor and what is under the bed space. Is it carpet or tile pattern?

Dave

Hmm I also don't see the beverage nook with the coffee pot and beverage cooler, maybe they are right next to the closest as in the new Poly rooms.

Dave

I think it is going to be about 2-3 inches (door frame width) and would account for the older large valance window curtains before that used to intruded into the room.

I am still stuck on the floor and what is under the bed space. Is it carpet or tile pattern?

Dave

Thats definitely a rug.

Hmm I also don't see the beverage nook with the coffee pot and beverage cooler, maybe they are right next to the closest as in the new Poly rooms.

Dave
If you look in the video there is a fly by of what looks could be the beverage nook with what could have a coffee pot on top (but there isn't as it's a cleared off counter) with a shelf over it - and I'd like to imagine a mini fridge below??

Im also realizing that there is no table space for me to sit at while I put my make up on...there is a small table thing with a stool next to the orange couch, but if that's the only/biggest counter space in the room I'll get veto'd!

I snagged a pic of what could be the coffee counter:

I think it's the colors that are ruining it. The red is not relaxing at all, and I need relaxing after a day in the parks. I would find it hard to sleep in these rooms.
Agree! The red has sort of an orange-ish hue to it, what a miserable choice. The furniture looks uncomfortable. Please don't let them do this to BLT!

There’s also a second closet in between the red double-door closet and the coffee/fridge nook. That’s probably where the safe, ironing board, and more shelves are, assuming it’s like other recent rooms. There are no good pics of this closest that I can find, but you can see the door/handle in screen shots of the video.

Like here - the double-door red closet is on the left, the single-door mystery closet is to the right.
9BA50D42-4883-4DB0-A859-04ACBE55ABE7.jpeg

And this pic is that single-door closet on the left, the coffee nook with a drawer for supplies and a bottom fridge cabinet, then - in this room - the connecting door to the right of that.
C144D891-624F-4570-94B4-9D9C13EA2418.jpeg

That’s probably enough frame-by-frame dissecting for me today. 🤣

View attachment 584439

Exactly. It's a monolith. I strongly dislike it.

It closes you in.

Feels like a capsule hotel room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter