New Coffee Makers??

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
I was just on the Resorts Board and read a post about coffee makers that make "individual" cups of coffee. Are they replacing the existing coffee makers with Keurig type coffee makers?

The resort mentioned was BC, and OP complained he needed more 'pods' from housekeeping.

Any idea???

AFAIK, there are no plans to put the individual "Keurig type" coffeemakers in the DVC resorts.

Personally, I hope they never do. I find the plastic-based pods to be environmentally unfriendly and IMO, the drip coffeemakers are less expensive and do the job just fine. YMMV.

AFAIK, there are no plans to put the individual "Keurig type" coffeemakers in the DVC resorts.

Personally, I hope they never do. I find the plastic-based pods to be environmentally unfriendly and IMO, the drip coffeemakers are less expensive and do the job just fine. YMMV.

+1
And I guess I am the only one on the planet who thinks that pod coffee doesn't even taste as good as regular brewed coffee.

+1
And I guess I am the only one on the planet who thinks that pod coffee doesn't even taste as good as regular brewed coffee.

You're not the only one, Jean! I like to grind my own beans and make a "real" POT of coffee. I don't think the coffee pods make it hot enough either.

I would hope that is only for single rooms..can you imagine a 2 bdrm villa with a pod coffee maker? Everyone will be arm wrestling for the first pod of coffee :). I think they are talking about the filter pod which is slower than the keurig with the reservoir. The small keurig is slow as well. I have to make a full pot, on a timer, and it is up before I am! Plus, you can't buy those little filter pods everywhere. Man, that would be annoying. I take my morning coffee seriously ;)

Thanks Carol for that info. And I have to agree with the others...leave the coffee makers alone. :thumbsup2

You're not the only one, Jean! I like to grind my own beans and make a "real" POT of coffee. I don't think the coffee pods make it hot enough either.

You can adjust the temperature on most of them. I found my to be too hot, so I found out you can adjust the temp.

Ideally, you want the water running over the coffee grounds at 195 - 207 deg, any less and it is weak coffee, doesn't extract the grounds enough, any hotter and you burn the grounds. Personally, I find I get the best coffee with a pour over filter.

I don't care for the k-cup. After struggling with one for 2.5 years I gave up on it. Stopped working.

Thank god for Costco. They took it back for full refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter