New Cancellation Policy?

Xadrian

Earning My Ears
Greetings,

I just received an e-mail from Disney about an upcoming cruise we have scheduled next year. As I was reading it over I noticed that at the very end of the e-mail it states that cruises sailing until March 26th 2022 have until September 1st 2021 to cancel without penalty.

I thought the current policy was cancellation up to 1 week prior to embarkation day without penalty, but it appears this has now changed?

With some cruises going to 4 days and the uncertainty of what 7 day cruises will look like at the start of next year. Why was the change in their cancellation policy buried at the end of a health and safety e-mail?

Did anyone else receive it?

This email is just for the fantasy. You can get a full refund before 9/2 for fantasy sailings before March of next year.

You can still move any cruise to another time until 15 days before sailing. You don’t get a refund when you move, the money just goes to a different cruise.

Partner and I got the email too. We're booked for the 01/22/22 Fantasy sailing. Really hoping everything goes well and it's a 7 night cruise with more to do on board!

Greetings,

I just received an e-mail from Disney about an upcoming cruise we have scheduled next year. As I was reading it over I noticed that at the very end of the e-mail it states that cruises sailing until March 26th 2022 have until September 1st 2021 to cancel without penalty.

I thought the current policy was cancellation up to 1 week prior to embarkation day without penalty, but it appears this has now changed?

With some cruises going to 4 days and the uncertainty of what 7 day cruises will look like at the start of next year. Why was the change in their cancellation policy buried at the end of a health and safety e-mail?

Did anyone else receive it?
I just got the email, do not really understand the cancellation part. We have a Fantasy cruise booked in March 22. Sept 1 is way before our PIF date?

So are they thinking, there won’t be any Fantasy 7 night cruises until after March 2022?

Hey everyone. I have a quick update! I called Disney Cruise Line and I was told that, yes, the cruise cancellation policy was changed today.

According to what I was told from a cast member, September 1st 2021 is the deadline to cancel any cruise between now and March of 2022 without penalty.

So if itineraries are changed or cruise days are modified, Disney will have the right to apply a penalty after Sept. 1st.

Our final payment day was in October, but as we have been paid off for over a year due to COVID. She said the only way we would not receive a penalty was if a cancel before the new Sept. 1st deadline.

I could modify my plans up to my new “final payment” day in October, but I would be changed a fee by Disney unless I cut bait by the end of the month.

I guess all of this is new as of today.

I just got the email, do not really understand the cancellation part. We have a Fantasy cruise booked in March 22. Sept 1 is way before our PIF date?
This sounds like it would also allow concierge cabins to cancel completely and get their deposit back (which is normally non-refundable).

I did post an update, but according to what they just told me. You can modify up to your PIF day, but if you could be charged after Sept. 1st.

My PIF day isn’t until October, which she responded that yes. I can make changes to our sailing up until October, but after Sept. 1st I could receive a fee for cancellation.

I am just going on what she told me, and please feel free to confirm on you own in case there was some miscommunication.

However, it sounds like a way for Disney to hold onto that money for the cruises already paid for going back to last year that were axed when they stopped sailing. Like ours was.

According to what I was told from a cast member, September 1st 2021 is the deadline to cancel any cruise between now and March of 2022 without penalty.

So if itineraries are changed or cruise days are modified, Disney will have the right to apply a penalty after Sept. 1st.
WOW, this is crazy! I got the same email, too (1/29/22 cruise) & thought we got an email like, 3 weeks ag or so, stating we had until 60 days out to cancel?? Or am I just imagining this? Dang. This is kinda disconcerting. I mean, I thought I'd have at least until mid-October to see how this all "goes" before I had to make a decision.

WOW, this is crazy! I got the same email, too (1/29/22 cruise) & thought we got an email like, 3 weeks ag or so, stating we had until 60 days out to cancel?? Or am I just imagining this? Dang. This is kinda disconcerting. I mean, I thought I'd have at least until mid-October to see how this all "goes" before I had to make a decision.
Me too! If anything gets me to cancel my January cruise, this will. Does anyone know if this applies to the Dream as well?

So are they thinking, there won’t be any Fantasy 7 night cruises until after March 2022?

This is your chance to get out and not be subject to changes of how cruises might get shifted including the change of 7 nights down to 4 nights only going to Castaway.

You can wait but you might not have any option expect to go or switch to a different cruise as things get closer.

Me too! If anything gets me to cancel my January cruise, this will. Does anyone know if this applies to the Dream as well?

Fairly sure your chance like this for the Dream is already gone. Not positive of the rules around cancellation in general leading up to January.

My PIF is not until Nov 15 so I thought I could cancel for full refund until then??

I do not know. All I know is the Dream "out of jail free card" was last month and the Fantasy one is right now. I don't know what impact it has to existing cancellation policies or what those would be for you.

Basically right now on the Fantasy you can cancel regardless of anything through that March date. So even concierge who can't get refunds can even get refunds right now if they want.

Cancellation policies are still exactly the same on the website. Delayed PIF, move your sailing within 15 days of sailing, cancel within 15 days of sailing if you get covid, and relaxed cancellation policy.

Seems like DCL would have changed their policies on their website if they were modifying them so drastically. Figure OP just got a CM on the phone who wasn’t aware of the correct cancellation policies. The email received this morning states that standard cancellation policies remain after 9/2 for all fantasy sailings.

That’s where I am confused as well. When I called the CM said there was a new policy that was released today.

Let me post a copy taken directly from the e-mail.

———

Disney Fantasy Guests sailing through March 26, 2022, may modify their sail date or cancel their sailing without any Disney-imposed cancellation fees by contacting their travel agent by September 1, 2021. Please note that cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines, as well as travel insurance, are not refundable. Refunds will be processed back to the original form of payment. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply for any cancellation or modification requests received on or after September 2, 2021.

———

However, the website has not been updated, but when I started asking the CM questions for clarification on this September 1st date. She stated, “With the new policy that just released today. You would be subject to fees if you cancel your cruise after September 1st.”

In our case, this would be a 7 day sailing in February on the Fantasy sailing with a PIF date in October.

Which dose not follow in line with the current cancellation policy on the website or what is stated in the e-mail.

I just made a payment on my 2/12/22 Fantasy trip yesterday and the cancellation policy in the confirmation is the same as when I booked in June. Say what they want on the phone, but I think the terms in the original confirmation will always govern (unless they are in my favor!). October 15th 11:59pm would be the point of no return for no penalties.

3. CRUISE CANCELLATION FEES:

CATEGORIES WITH RESTRICTIONS: Reservations for Inside, Outside or Verandah Categories with Restrictions are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE. A 100% cruise cancellation fee applies from time of payment.

Cruises 1 to 5 Nights (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)
Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date – Fee Amount

89 to 45 days – Deposit per Guest
44 to 30 days – 50% of vacation price per Guest
29 to 15 days – 75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less – 100% of vacation price per Guest

Cruises 6 Nights or More (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)

119 to 56 days – Deposit per Guest
55 to 30 days – 50% of vacation price per Guest
29 to 15 days – 75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less – 100% of vacation price per Guest

Suite and Concierge Staterooms: All Sailings

90 days or more – Deposit per Guest
89 to 56 days – 50% of vacation price per Guest
55 to 30 days – 75% of vacation price per Guest
29 days or less – 100% of vacation price per Guest

If this is the case that I will lose the ability to cancel my March 2022 cruise before my usual Nov 2021 PIF date this will force us to cancel our cruise. We were already on the fence and were already waiting for a BETTER cancellation policy like the 60 days out they had for earlier cruises. But this is WORSE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter