New bus service from MCO coming, news from Castmember

roscoepc1

DIS Veteran
Hey all!
When I was on the phone booking our 2022 trip, the castmember told me they are working on a paid bus service from MCO to WDW. He wasn't sure when it will be up and running, but it was a definite upcoming service.
Great to hear an option is coming to replace Magical Express! I won't mind paying for the convenience, myself...

Hey all!
When I was on the phone booking our 2022 trip, the castmember told me they are working on a paid bus service from MCO to WDW. He wasn't sure when it will be up and running, but it was a definite upcoming service.
Great to hear an option is coming to replace Magical Express! I won't mind paying for the convenience, myself...
If it's the same or better than magical express, ok.
If it's a basic mears or city bus type thing no thanks.

Hey all!

When I travel by myself I always use the Magical Express. I never used the convenience of having my luggage brought to my room because I travel light and just need a backpack. But I know that convenience is loved by a lot of people, especially those traveling with kids or a big group. So I have no doubt that people will pay Disney for the ability to not have to worry about their luggage at all, and just go straight to the parks if they want.

We paid just above $51 for a Lyft XL last month from our resort to the airport including a 20%+ tip. The new Mears service is close to the same price (more if you have a bigger family) but you’re also subject to their schedules. If we don’t ever rent a car again, we‘ll just use a ride share service.

It's been several years since I've had to use a ride share from MCO, so the experience may have changed, but the location that you needed to go to for the ride shares was quite a walk away, and was not protected from the torrential downpour that I was waiting in. That alone would make me want to pay for a shuttle service over a rideshare in the future.

It's been several years since I've had to use a ride share from MCO, so the experience may have changed, but the location that you needed to go to for the ride shares was quite a walk away, and was not protected from the torrential downpour that I was waiting in. That alone would make me want to pay for a shuttle service over a rideshare in the future.

We’ve flown SW 3 times this year & have used a car service to pick us up. They have picked us up at the ride share area. All we had to do was walk out the door right next to the luggage carousel. Literally steps away. Walk right out the door, the whole area is covered & there were even a few benches to sit. It might vary by what airline you fly in on, but for SW there are ride share pick ups right there.

Round trip price is $32 for adults, $27 for children 3-9

That's $192 for our family of 6, all of whom are over 9yo. Looks like we'll be doing Uber or Lyft.

You would think MCO with all the people who fly thru there because of WDW would step up and provide some help with this.

That's $192 for our family of 6, all of whom are over 9yo. Looks like we'll be doing Uber or Lyft.

You would think MCO with all the people who fly thru there because of WDW would step up and provide some help with this.
They are helping, the local MEAR company.

I’m looking at this for my family of 6 with 2 carseats and a booster thinking I don’t really have a choice anymore. Rideshare works great for adults or small groups but I would have thought that families were Disney’s wheelhouse and they are pretty severely impacted. My wife and I would have to split into 2 uberXL groups to get car seats, which at that point I may as well pay a bit more for the ‘premium’ service to at least have a scheduled transport where we are all together. At least we can all rest assured WDW will likely discount their prices by $50 per person now right🤣😆

the pricing doesn't seem to be any bargain.
Interesting to see if its popular or if most go to Uber or Lyft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter