new blog up -- Culinary Quest: New Menu at Hungry Bear

Uh oh... does this mean there's no more funnel cake in Disneyland? As excited as I am about the new Hungry Bear desserts, I know one person in the family who will be sad if the funnel cake is gone.

We enjoyed a nice quiet dinner at the Hungry Bear last Thursday evening. It seems as though it is still not well-known that it is open, as there were only a handful of guests enjoying dinner at around 6:30pm. The rehab of Splash Mt probably has part in it, but it was nice to escape the otherwise busy crowds.

I had the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich, and loved it. It was a nice change of pace from a burger, and was very tasty. My DW had the Turkey and Provolone and gave it a big thumbs-up, especially the bread. My DS had the Classic Cheeseburger, and especially loved the signature sauce which he compared to "The Spread" at In-N-Out. We all had the sweet potato fries, which were nice and fresh, and again a nice change from the norm. DD enjoyed her Chicken Breast nuggets so much so that I cannot even report as to the taste. DW and I shared a Lemon Bumblebee Cupcake, which was a mistake...we each should have gotten our own. So good! DD hijacked the chocolate bee from the top, but that was ok as I loved the great lemon taste. Definite thumbs-up from us, and we will likely be back on future visits.

I'm heading to Disney in May and was wondering if the Fried Green Tomato sandwich had any meat in it? I wanted to eat the the new Hungry Bear for lunch and my girlfriend is a vegetarian.

There is no meat in the FGT sandwich. Here is the description according to the menu: cornmeal crusted fried green tomatoes combined with two slices of heirloom tomatoes, topped with havarti cheese, remoulade, and zesty slaw served on a multi-grain roll.

There is no meat in the FGT sandwich. Here is the description according to the menu: cornmeal crusted fried green tomatoes combined with two slices of heirloom tomatoes, topped with havarti cheese, remoulade, and zesty slaw served on a multi-grain roll.

Awesome, Thanks! :thumbsup2

Yeah I feel bad sometimes because my girlfriend does not have a very big selection of things she can eat at places but she would enjoy that.

We were so happy to have Tony review HB before our trip. We ate there on Tuesday and enjoyed everything we ordered, thanks to Tony's guidance.

I had the fried green tomato sandwich with onion rings. I LOVED this sandwich and the onion rings were as good as Tony described.

My husband had the chili-burger with sweet potato fries. He kept trying to steal my onion rings after eating the one on his sandwich.

We split the cupcake and blueberry pie. Tony was right again...both were delish! It is difficult to pick a favorite but I think I liked the pie more while my husband LOVED the cupcake.

It is great that the food now is as good as the location. We enjoyed watching the boats go by at ROA. Thanks again, Tony!

We were so happy to have Tony review HB before our trip. We ate there on Tuesday and enjoyed everything we ordered, thanks to Tony's guidance.

I had the fried green tomato sandwich with onion rings. I LOVED this sandwich and the onion rings were as good as Tony described.

My husband had the chili-burger with sweet potato fries. He kept trying to steal my onion rings after eating the one on his sandwich.

We split the cupcake and blueberry pie. Tony was right again...both were delish! It is difficult to pick a favorite but I think I liked the pie more while my husband LOVED the cupcake.

It is great that the food now is as good as the location. We enjoyed watching the boats go by at ROA. Thanks again, Tony!

Thanks for your kind words. It really means a lot. Glad I could help. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter