• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

New Attractions opening have standby lines available?

Why can't they get the rides reasonably functional before opening them? This was an issue with Hagrid's too. But Velocicoaster seems to have pretty limited down time.
I think the more complex the ride, the less reliable it is. VC has 2 launches, Hagrid's has 7, plus a reversal and a drop. The problem is guests like the more complex rides and execs push to get them live ASAP. So we get rides that break down on a regular basis.

just a guess because nobody knows - Guardians and Tron will probably open with VQ and ILLS, and they'll remove the VQ within a few months and start standby.

Some rides that have been around for 20 plus years break down frequently, like Test Track.
I was told by an Imagineer (who worked on it) that there's a flaw in the tech, since they were developing it and building the ride simultaneously (which is why it was two years late in opening). Short version: the safety system has a flaw that makes it overcautious, which is better than not working at all, but not ideal. The system has to be reset when it trips, and it was never intended to happen as frequently as it does. He said they can't fix it without entirely rebuilding the ride.

He said it was fixed with Radiator Springs Racers - though, honestly, that seems to go down as frequently as Test Track, so I dunno.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter