New AP ordered online - no voucher?

Zhaan

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I ordered a new AP online (not renewal but new). Last time I did this I was mailed a voucher I took to guest relations or a ticket booth and it was then activated. This time I did not get a voucher but it does show up in MDE. I assume now they just scan your magic band to see that you have the "electronic voucher"? Is this correct?

Thanks!

Do they send you a MB now before you activate your pass? In the past I had to activate the pass in the parks and then we were sent MB. So we didn't have MB the first time we used pass.

How long do you have to customize it? We will activate ours the first day, but then staying for 7 nights. I don't want to miss the window.
Oh, no, no problem. You have like 30 days or something. Not sure exactly but it's more than a week for sure.
We renewed DGD's AP on the first day of our 2 week trip last month. I didn't order her AP MB till we were home.

Oh, no, no problem. You have like 30 days or something. Not sure exactly but it's more than a week for sure.
We renewed DGD's AP on the first day of our 2 week trip last month. I didn't order her AP MB till we were home.
Good to know! Thanks!

I'm not sure there even is a window to customize AP magic bands. They don't automatically send them to you like they do for a resort stay. If you don't customize and request them you won't ever get them. I know that a couple of years ago, we upgraded to APs while there. The ability to order them immediately showed up on MDE, but we didn't bother to actually customize them until 6-7 months later as we were getting ready for the next trip. Why get something with a limited battery life until I'm closer to using it.

I'd guess though, that if you didn't request the band, the ability to do so would disappear from MDE once the AP expires.

I'm not sure there even is a window to customize AP magic bands. They don't automatically send them to you like they do for a resort stay. If you don't customize and request them you won't ever get them. I know that a couple of years ago, we upgraded to APs while there. The ability to order them immediately showed up on MDE, but we didn't bother to actually customize them until 6-7 months later as we were getting ready for the next trip. Why get something with a limited battery life until I'm closer to using it.

I'd guess though, that if you didn't request the band, the ability to do so would disappear from MDE once the AP expires.
May well be the case. We never go without an on site resort stay so an AP MB has just not been some that matters much one way or another to us. We get it because we can. Though we usually decline additional bands once we've acquired all the colors we'd ever wear. Batteries only matter for ride photos and any personalized spots like on Small World so we don't even care if that runs out. I'm not a ride photo fan. Never come out good. I can ride something 1000 times and I'd never memorize where they take the photo so I'm not prepared.

Right there with you. We have more bands than we know what to do with (lots of split stays) and only got the AP band "because we could" and to see if there was anything special about an AP band (nope). And you're right, the battery thing is only important for ride photos which we don't care about either.

Steve

Does the AP band differ in any way from the ones you get with a resort stay? I'm not sure what the battery thing is?

Does the AP band differ in any way from the ones you get with a resort stay? I'm not sure what the battery thing is?
The only difference when you order an AP MB is you may get the Passholder Slider with the MB when they ship it. I got it with my recent one but a few months back people weren't getting the slider because they were out of stock.

The only difference when you order an AP MB is you may get the Passholder Slider with the MB when they ship it. I got it with my recent one but a few months back people weren't getting the slider because they were out of stock.

Thanks!

I'm confused...if you no longer get a voucher and the annual pass just shows up in your MDE and it's "activated" upon first entry to the park with your MB that the pass is attached to, how/when do you get your physical annual pass card that you can show for discounts, etc.?

I've never had an AP but am considering it for my next long trip because with free photopass and AP discounts it might "pay for itself".

I'm confused...if you no longer get a voucher and the annual pass just shows up in your MDE and it's "activated" upon first entry to the park with your MB that the pass is attached to, how/when do you get your physical annual pass card that you can show for discounts, etc.?

I've never had an AP but am considering it for my next long trip because with free photopass and AP discounts it might "pay for itself".

It's not activated upon the first entry into a park. it can only be activated at Guest Services or a ticket window. You get the physical AP card at that time.

Steve

I got an email with a barcode that I printed.

The first trip after you purchase the AP, before you go to the park the first time, you go to a ticket counter or guest services and pick up your AP card. You'll need your ID, just tell them you are there to get your AP that you've already purchased online. I may have needed my credit card I used, I can't remember now for certain if I did or not. Since it's possible to purchase with gift cards, probably not required.
It's just like a ticket, but it says AP on it instead. This is used instead of a MB, for those that don't have a MB yet. Think locals who aren't staying on site. If you have a MB, you don't have to use the AP. You can, you just don't have to. You do need to show the AP to get discounts for purchasing or dining, just not to get in to the park.

I don't think there's a deadline to order your magic bands. I didn't get around to doing it until 2 months after I had activated my pass.

Before you activate the pass, do you get the Mickey Monitor and all the emails and Ap discounts, or does that start upon activation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter