New AP categories..??

If you buy a pass now then you'll probably be grandfathered in to the type of pass you bought with the rights that the pass carries. However, you'll be faced with the same dilemma next year, so it doesn't really matter what you do.

I might be pulling the trigger on getting my first AP now that I am a DVC member. Is it in my interest to do it now? Will locking it in grandfather me to current gold rules or will they smack me with new restrictions?

Just for the length of this pass...the procedures reset with renewal...no "grandfathering" like the old cell
Phone contracts or insurance policies.

Doesn't it seem that DS is moving away from relying on locals? I don't think there is a big enough pocket of wealth in orlando to support the retail stores that are moving in there-- and many of the dining venues are maybe a bit out of reach for the locals to frequent.... if they do, there will be a lot of window shopping and bar hopping. I spent some time at PI towards the end (roughly 3 or 4 trlong weekends a year) and I know when we would go to the AC, there were the exact same people taking up the main parlor, even sitting in the same seats (you know who you are).... I think this is something they are trying to avoid...
I think they could've stopped this by having a cover charge. I also think this is the reason Mad T Party was killed at DCA. The same groupies would show up at every performance and stand in front of the show, virtually blocking first timers from watching it. It's almost like these "groupies" kill it for everyone.

It seems like charging for parking again would be back tracking a bit since they just added "free" parking this year. I would be happy with a 6 month local pass, good for October-April with black out dates for Christmas and Easter. We're up for renewal in Jan and we're still undecided about renewal. A big price jump would definitely be a no for us since we will have to get one for our 2 year old in Feb.

What I would give to have an AP! Visiting the parks once a year or every few years is not enough!

Anyone would tell you metered parking would kill Disney Springs. Because metered parking kills everything. A place based on shopping/dining that relies heavily on locals would be death notice.

True that. Visited Disney Springs last week. And I don't think I would pay to park there. Lots of expensive mall stores and expensive restaurants. Went to Homecoming and really liked it. But when I want to shop I would go to the marketplace section.

I think that some stores and restaurants will do well. Others will not and will slowly disappear.

I might be pulling the trigger on getting my first AP now that I am a DVC member. Is it in my interest to do it now? Will locking it in grandfather me to current gold rules or will they smack me with new restrictions?

It's a roll of the dice, they might offer a new pricing structure and a pass that fits you perfect ends up being less money and you won't get a refund. Or it'll go the other way and you'll have your pass for lower cost (most likely scenario).

Last year when the passes changed, everyone who had a valid pass before the new ones came out had their pass work exactly how it was suppose to. Optionally they offered upgrades that were the cost difference and prorated for the time remaining if you wanted to get the new passes before your renewal date. (I did this to get the photo download option and it came out reasonable).

Anyone have any idea when this would come into effect, like Wlmfoster I am a DVC owner and could buy a couple gold APs for our next trip now and activate them later...

Anyone have any idea when this would come into effect, like Wlmfoster I am a DVC owner and could buy a couple gold APs for our next trip now and activate them later...

One morning your going to wake up and the new prices will be on the website and we'll find out if it changed and how.. Disney gives no warning that prices are changing. With regular tickets, generally the resellers are told prices are changing or they had to buy them at the new price already and it leaks out that way that it's coming. resellers don't sell aps.

One morning your going to wake up and the new prices will be on the website and we'll find out if it changed and how.. Disney gives no warning that prices are changing. With regular tickets, generally the resellers are told prices are changing or they had to buy them at the new price already and it leaks out that way that it's coming. resellers don't sell aps.

I assumed this would be the response I would get, but I really appreciate the info about resellers and why we often hear about regular ticket price increases coming. I was HOPING that something similar would be true about the APs, I would really like to hold off for a month or even 2 (have house and car insurance to pay in the next month) before buying the APs. And was hoping since we have word of this rumor of this change we might also have a date ... but .. le sigh.

Is there any way to upgrade a regular ticket I have already purchased to an AP without physically visiting the parks? I know I want an annual pass but won't be in Orlando until November (and don't care about losing the 6 weeks between now and then).

Is there any way to upgrade a regular ticket I have already purchased to an AP without physically visiting the parks? I know I want an annual pass but won't be in Orlando until November (and don't care about losing the 6 weeks between now and then).
If you have a package for a trip and have not traveled yet, you can upgrade the ticket. But if it was a separately purchased ticket, you have to wait until you're physically there.

If you have a package for a trip and have not traveled yet, you can upgrade the ticket. But if it was a separately purchased ticket, you have to wait until you're physically there.

Darn - that's what I thought so thanks for confirming. Guess I'll be paying whatever extra they decide to increase the ticket prices by :(

True that. Visited Disney Springs last week. And I don't think I would pay to park there. Lots of expensive mall stores and expensive restaurants. Went to Homecoming and really liked it. But when I want to shop I would go to the marketplace section.

I think that some stores and restaurants will do well. Others will not and will slowly disappear.

I swear i could have wrote this.

We were there Saturday night, i thought the new section looked great, but its a mall like in every big city in America. We ate at homecoming and did all of our shopping at the Marketplace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter