• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New annual passholder question

I purchased my AP on-line via MDE and then picked up the AP ticket at GS/Disney Springs a few weeks later. I was given the AP slider when I picked up the ticket and they told me I could go to MDE and order and customize my MB. We have not activiated the APs (don't plan to until Marathon weekend 2019 but purchased before latest price increase). We have 6 AP's and have customized 5 but have not placed the order yet - waiting on last person to pick their color and name. My point being, you can purchase an AP and not activate but still order customized MB's before activating.

But many out-of-state AP holders in particular do not have the opportunity to stop at GS before the first visit they intend to use the AP, as you did. If you don't do that, the option will not appear in MDE until you are able to visit.

At least now (as of last year), you can do what you did and not have the "clock" start on the AP.

But many out-of-state AP holders in particular do not have the opportunity to stop at GS before the first visit they intend to use the AP, as you did. If you don't do that, the option will not appear in MDE until you are able to visit.

At least now (as of last year), you can do what you did and not have the "clock" start on the AP.

Excellent point I failed to make clear. Yes, we were in Orlando and I was able to pick up the passes in person prior to us needing to activate.

I don't need magicband but will they give me an AP slider when I activate?

Since we are upgrading from 7 day hoppers to AP, can I pay the difference with Disney gift cards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter