New 1-BR Boulder Ridge Villas - Sleeps 4 or 5?!

Polynesian27

Mouseketeer
Hi all, question question for you. Do the new 1 bedroom villas at boulder ridge have the pull down bed under the TV? I just saw a video of a 1 bedroom with no pull down like most other hotels are now doing with renovations? I booked it with no issue for our party of 5, so I'm wondering if perhaps the one video I saw was just a room not completed?! A bit confused, because usually if a room only sleeps 4 it wouldn't even show up as an available room when I selected 2 adults and 3 children. Thanks so much!

We booked a deluxe suite for our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids). It has a pull down bed.

Ps: I read there are no usb ports so you need to bring a plug

Here is a 1 bedroom video. It seems like the side of the sofa is an additional bed

80F008CB-4311-4BFA-A3F7-42952D83A8F6.png

Last edited:
I understand that the BRV 1BR villas don't have the pull down beds under the TV, I think it is due to the fact that some (most?) have the connecting door to a studio in a position where the pull down twin bed under the TV would not fit. You can see it in the video that Disturbia linked up top.

But, I understand that they *can* be booked for 5 people if they are booked with DVC points - however, no bedding (or bed) is provided for the 5th guest.

Hi all, question question for you. Do the new 1 bedroom villas at boulder ridge have the pull down bed under the TV? I just saw a video of a 1 bedroom with no pull down like most other hotels are now doing with renovations? I booked it with no issue for our party of 5, so I'm wondering if perhaps the one video I saw was just a room not completed?! A bit confused, because usually if a room only sleeps 4 it wouldn't even show up as an available room when I selected 2 adults and 3 children. Thanks so much!
Studios have a pulldown under the tv to have 5 spots for people to sleep (2 in bed, 2 in murphy, 1 in fold down under tv).

One beds allow you to book 5 on points, but theres no spot for the 5th person to sleep and no bedding provided.

However, id stick a 3rd kid (im assuming a younger kid involved, if not this probably wouldnt work) on the right part of the couch with the lounge area. That part stays even when the murphy is folded down. Just make sure to bring a pillow and blanket for them. Saved a tour video with a timestamp right where you can see the couch like im describing.

They did not change sleeping surfaces during the renovations, so 1 bedrooms still have surfaces for 4. You will need to provide something for the 5th person, like an air mattress.

The convertible sofa seems to be similar to the art of Animation suite and is wide enough to sleep 2. It looks deceptively small in the photo but if you watch it being opened you can see that the sofa cushions are far apart and it seems like there is ample room for 2 kids.

C89A6258-E9CA-4895-B82C-6E46C3FDA63C.png

Here is another review showing the sofa

This review shows some of the 1 bedrooms sleep 4 (not sure if this review was pre update as the room looks old).

I’m pretty sure you won’t be assigned this room unless you have a child under 3 (they can sleep in a crib/playpen per Disney rules and don’t count toward the sleeping surfaces so a room that sleeps 4 can be assigned to you (in that case, book a deluxe suite instead); fyi: when we stayed at AOA and tried using a crib, our then 2.5-3 year old would always be scared and want to sleep with us on the bed.

Last edited:

The convertible sofa seems to be similar to the art of Animation suite and is wide enough to sleep 2. It looks deceptively small in the photo but if you watch it being opened you can see that the sofa cushions are far apart and it seems like there is ample room for 2 kids.

View attachment 754900
They count this as two, and two in the master. But, there is not anything else for the 5th person.

They count this as two, and two in the master. But, there is not anything else for the 5th person.
I just read this on a dvc resale site that describes resorts that sleep 5. I googled ‘boulder ridge villa 1 bedroom sleeps 5’.

Seems they can easily remedy the situation by adding a single convertible sofa (maybe instead of the yellow fixed dining sofa) or a pull down bed under the TV like the deluxe suite. It’s shocking that you’re paying more for less beds vs the deluxe suite.

https://www.****************.com/dvc-resorts-that-sleep-5/

Last edited:
I just read this on a dvc resale site that describes resorts that sleep 5. I googled ‘boulder ridge villa 1 bedroom sleeps 5’.

Seems they can easily remedy the situation by changing the sofa to a single pull out bed or add the pull down bed under the TV like the deluxe suite. It’s shocking that you’re paying more for less beds vs the deluxe suite.

So they can’t add the pull down bed under the TV in most(?) of the 1BR because of where the connecting door is to the studio next door.

And the pullout sofa (a double/queen) has been replaced with a Murphy bed in the rooms that could accommodate it.

Seems they can easily remedy the situation by adding a single convertible sofa (maybe instead of the yellow fixed dining sofa) or a pull down bed under the TV like the deluxe suite. It’s shocking that you’re paying more for less beds vs the deluxe suite.

DVC allows those who stay with points to have 5, but there is no bed for the 5th person. With the new renovations, they did not change the sleeping surfaces and it’s still 4.

But, it’s because of the original set up and the door in a 1 bedroom that connects in LO, that doesn’t fit the under the TV bed with the way the counter is built.

The website prevents one from booking the BRV 1BR for 5 guests as I learned today. I had to book for 4 and then through chat have MS add the 5th person.

Here now. There are usbs but they don’t all work unfortunately so plan accordingly. I mostly have trouble with ones in the bedroom not the Murphy bed or kitchen. The nightstands, are they new? Seem older.

Glad I stumbled on this thread--We're trying for a 1 bedroom at BRV in a couple weeks. We have our family of 4 (8 year old twins) and my dad. My dad snores, so he needs his own room.

Before realizing there *isn't* another bed, we were going to just take the extra single mattress and put it in the main bedroom. Are the couch cushions removable? Any other possibilities for a kid with very low standards (she sleeps on the ground when camping; no mat) to think about? Also, they won't bring me an extra blanket right? We'd be fine for pillows just the blankets. (To clarify twin 2 should fit fine in a king with us)

Glad I stumbled on this thread--We're trying for a 1 bedroom at BRV in a couple weeks. We have our family of 4 (8 year old twins) and my dad. My dad snores, so he needs his own room.

Before realizing there *isn't* another bed, we were going to just take the extra single mattress and put it in the main bedroom. Are the couch cushions removable? Any other possibilities for a kid with very low standards (she sleeps on the ground when camping; no mat) to think about? Also, they won't bring me an extra blanket right? We'd be fine for pillows just the blankets. (To clarify twin 2 should fit fine in a king with us)
The couch cushions are not removable as the Murphy bed just folds down on top of them. And yes, they will bring an extra blanket. If you stay on the 5th floor, those rooms did not get the Murphy beds in the remodel, so you would be able to use the cushionsas it's still a sofa bed (it is new). As long as you are booking with points you can have 5. If a cash stay, you won't be able to book a 1BR.

So your dad would be on the murphy bed in the living room. You, your husband, and 1 child in king bed in the dedicated bedroom. And you're trying to find a spot for the 2nd 8 year old?

Is that correct?

Some people said a child could probably fit on that extra couch area that sticks out even when the murphy bed is down. But then that child would be next to snoring grandpa so guessing that's not a good choice at all. I honestly think your only option would be to bring a small inflatable mattress and some sheets. Though I've never been in the 1 bedroom so not sure where there's decent floor space for that.

So your dad would be on the murphy bed in the living room. You, your husband, and 1 child in king bed in the dedicated bedroom. And you're trying to find a spot for the 2nd 8 year old?

Is that correct?

Some people said a child could probably fit on that extra couch area that sticks out even when the murphy bed is down. But then that child would be next to snoring grandpa so guessing that's not a good choice at all. I honestly think your only option would be to bring a small inflatable mattress and some sheets. Though I've never been in the 1 bedroom so not sure where there's decent floor space for that.
There is! My nephew slept on an air mattress because he didn't want to sleep with his brother. The closet off the bedroom was his first choice of a place to sleep, and there would have been room, but that was vetoed! I don't think the air mattress would have fit due to the shape of the closet, but he did have enough room (at about 5'6" - he's 6'2" now at 16!).

Thanks all—I’m looking for a spot for a petite 8 year old who sleeps on hard ground while camping, so standards are not exactly high. Sounds like I might need to beg a little but she’ll be ok on several blankets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter