Never used crowd calendars... how are they SO different????

robndani

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! My 180 day windows opens on Sunday and I decided to take a look at a crowd calendar before choosing my restaurants. I've looked at easywdw.com and undercovertourist.com and they are totally different! I mean, completely the opposite on many days of our trip.

I guess I'll just do it the old fashion way - guess!

Do you prefer one over the other? Thanks in advance!

I use EasyWDW. I like his rationalization on why one day is better than another.

The Unofficial Guides crowd calendar is base on analytics (math & statistics). I haven't tried Undercover Tourist.

Thanks for the help! I'll stick with easywdw! We are going Jan 30-Feb 6 so I'm sure it won't be horribly crowded during that time anyway!

I was just confused because one said AK the best and the other one literally said AK would be the worst. LOL

Yep. Its like predicting the weather... all you can do is look at the history and make guesses (assumptions & patterns and all that good stuff). :thumbsup2

We always use Touring Plans, but like you, we usually go in the off season, so it isn't a huge deal. We usually use a TP as a good place to start and take care of the headliners, and then we let it fall aside if it isn't too busy. I haven't tried easyWDW, so I can't speak to that, but TP has always done well by us.

Touring plans has been my source and it has been pretty accurate. I haven't tried the others.

Not sure if it's still the case, but Touring Plans used to select "best park" based on a one week timeframe and they wanted to be sure that each park was listed as "Best" at least once during the week. This (to me) is a little strange, since their "week" may not line up with my vacation week.

I like Touring Plans for some things (interesting to watch their data tracking), but when it comes to park selection, I generally read EasyWDW to get an idea of why a given park should be busy based on logic. Plus I love Josh's sense of humor (at EasyWDW) and I always enjoy read his website articles.

I used EasyWDW for my honeymoon trip. We had a great trip with minimal crowds.

If you check out easywdw, Josh has a post that explains his rationale for creating the crowd calendar. It really makes a lot more sense than the metrics used by other sites. I have a TP subscription, but I honestly use easy more.

Pick one and go with it. Crowd prediction was always a sketchy business (like weather forecasting) but it's even harder now with all the changes Disney keeps throwing out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter