Never in all my stays....

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
....have I tried to book a room, any room, and not have had a single disney resort room available, besides a camping site.

what on earth is going on this coming up weekend? We were going to try for a last minute trip and every room, in every resort onsite is booked.

And it's not even Christmas!

:scratchin

Have you tried calling or just looked online?

A lot of people on here have reported WDW having rooms available for short last minute stays that don’t show up when they look online but are available when they call.

Other then that you could try Swan or Dolphin?

....have I tried to book a room, any room, and not have had a single disney resort room available, besides a camping site.

what on earth is going on this coming up weekend? We were going to try for a last minute trip and every room, in every resort onsite is booked.

I’m there Saturday - Wednesday and we had FITS starting 2 months ago trying to get anything under $800/night!
I’m now in a similar struggle with May 2-6.
Keep calling ....

Yes, I do see Swan & Dolphin. Waiting for an ok from our dog kennel and I'll book there. But honestly, it's crazy. In the 9 years we have gone multiple times a year, and tried to plan other times, I've never encountered a time so booked. I'm wondering what is going on this weekend and maybe we just need to go another time.

I just checked for next Friday - Sunday and saw a Gran Destino Tower room available at Coronado Springs for about $350 per night.

The National High School Cheerleading Championship is at WWOS Feb 7-9. Plus Twirlmania is the weekend after. It eats up a lot of rooms.

When I have trouble seeing something online, I call. But it sounds like this Cheer leading Championship may be trouble!

First, make sure the site hasn’t defaulted to a discount. Sometimes it does that, so there might be rack rate rooms available. Second, this is happening more often. Disney resorts are pretty full most of the time now & last minute bookings are pretty limited if available at all. Third, Disney started using booking algorithms that can make getting short stays harder. Many posters report no rooms for a short stay, but some show up if they look for a longer length of stay. And lastly, some people have found rooms thru online booking sites. For years you could only get an onsite room directly from Disney, but the last few years they have allowed booking thru these sites. So sometimes one of them might have inventory when Disney doesn’t.

When I have trouble seeing something online, I call. But it sounds like this Cheer leading Championship may be trouble!
Oh it is. Nothing like hordes of semi-supervised teens running wild around a theme park, saving spaces for their 30+ teammates in line, and generating more noise than humanly possible at all hours at resorts to make your vacation a living hell. We are now VERY careful when booking to avoid these kinds of events....

Okay, update!
I just booked directly through the Swan/Dolphin and I'm actually happy about this! A. We've never stayed there. B. My spouse is Marriott Titanium and we'll get free breakfast every day and can upgrade to the giant buffet for $8 each, with a 20% AAA discount and apply our no-maid $5 voucher so essentially grazing on a breakfast buffet for $1.40 each morning. I'm looking forward to exploring new restaurants and a new hotel!

Okay, update!
I just booked directly through the Swan/Dolphin and I'm actually happy about this! A. We've never stayed there. B. My spouse is Marriott Titanium and we'll get free breakfast every day and can upgrade to the giant buffet for $8 each, with a 20% AAA discount and apply our no-maid $5 voucher so essentially grazing on a breakfast buffet for $1.40 each morning. I'm looking forward to exploring new restaurants and a new hotel!

You'll love it! We stayed at the Swan and enjoyed having breakfast as a perk of DH's status (also got upgraded to a suite, which was nice). On weekends, the Swan has a character breakfast - we saw Minnie and Goofy with no ADR! Also, the non-upgraded breakfast is good, and includes some hot items like oatmeal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter