Never done Universal.... So Confused!!

Thank you... If we only decide to do 1 park.. which would you recommend?

It's totally personal preference, but my family spent more time in IoA because it has three harry potter rides vs. 1, and the Seuss rides for my 5yo. Also all the water rides are there. But like others said, I'd make your list of high priority attractions and see which park "wins".

Our last trip to Universal, I was just amazed at how little planning we did, compared to all our Disney trip. But if one has never been, I think it would be good to have a general plan of attack, make sure you get all the main rides/experiences in. I can't pick just one park, I'd go ahead with either 2 days/2 parks, or 1 day w park to park. I also agree with everyone on staying at a premiere hotel for the express pass. It's total sticker shock for sure. I think the most we ever spend on hotel rooms anywhere, was Hard Rock over Thanksgiving, 2018. But it was SO worth it.
Good luck with the planning. So much great info here on the US/IoA forums, and great Dis Videos on their channel also.

We have never been to Universal but we will be in FL at the end of July (I know... HOT)... and thought I would schedule 2 days at Universal for us before my son heads off to college... But I am utterly confused... What park? What Hotel? He is a huge Marvel fan, he would love to see whatever The Simpson attraction is.. I just don't know where to start planning this... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for this thread! We are fitting in a two day trip following a week at Disney and I’m trying to decide between the Dreams drop off and pick up package each day or getting a hotel for the night between. I wasn’t sure if two days would be enough and the responses you have received have been a great help.

Thank you... If we only decide to do 1 park.. which would you recommend?
I agree with PP that its subjective and dependent on the make-up of your party. As two adults, we prefer Universal over IOA. We find it takes longer to do and there's more attractions that appeal to us, since we essentially skip the entire Seussland area at IOA. The water rides at IOA are also a one and done for us, something we strategically plan to do last in the day before returning to the hotel because you will get drenched! If you have small kids or kids that aren't fond of the thrill rides, you may prefer IOA since there seems to be more that appeals to the younger ones there.

Can't thank you all enough.. this has all been very helpful!!!

I am jumping on this thread... we too are doing a precollege 2 day trip at USO and have never done it as a family. We are planning to pay the extra to stay at a premier hotel for the Express Pass benefit. BUT as all these things add up - Is the extra costs of Hogwarts Express worth it? We do not have big Harry Potter fans...

It’s a quick way to get from park to park without exiting the turnstiles. It’s also a very intelligently designed ride that would appeal to any theme park fan. If you are okay with being locked into one park each day then it should be fine. With express passes that should work out okay.

Thank you for this thread! We are fitting in a two day trip following a week at Disney and I’m trying to decide between the Dreams drop off and pick up package each day or getting a hotel for the night between. I wasn’t sure if two days would be enough and the responses you have received have been a great help.
What is the Dreams drop off and pick up package?

I am jumping on this thread... we too are doing a precollege 2 day trip at USO and have never done it as a family. We are planning to pay the extra to stay at a premier hotel for the Express Pass benefit. BUT as all these things add up - Is the extra costs of Hogwarts Express worth it? We do not have big Harry Potter fans...
You're paying extra for park hopping, not just the ride. It often only takes part of the day to do one, so park hopping gives you lots of flexibility. Its also very easy to park hop whether you walk between the two parks or ride Hogwarts Express, so we usually park hop at Universal more than we do at Disney. You also have the option to return to either park in the event of rain or inclement weather. Worth the cost, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter