Never been out of the South....except to Ohio, but that doesn't count.

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
I am not well travelled, but Gabby has been all over Europe as a child. She didn't care for France much. I do, however, love all things Disney and so does Gabby.

Next year, I will have only a tiny window to try to catch up on some much needed pixie dust. We have considered going to WDW, but to do that I usually like to take about 10 days to do it to my definition of right. Gabby is most likely going to be back in school and will only have a little break from classes and work.

So, I thought that it might be neat to take off for Europe to see DLRP. I have only 3 to 5 days to play. I need to know how this might work. I know the pricing schedule is really varied by day of the week and such. I know that everything is quoted in Euros, but I know where to find a converter.

I have read everything that I can find on the official site and have started collecting data from Mousesavers and other sites. Basically, I want to hear from other people from the US that made the leap over to see DLRP. Of course, I appreciate the input that you folks from other countries can provide also.

I would like to plan on a 4 night/5 day stay for 2 adults. I don't mind working the arrival day to happen such that the rates are lower. If memory serves, France is a day ahead of us. So, if I fly out on Saturday, I arrive there on Sunday....or so I think. I can't even imagine how bad jet lag is going to be. I want to stay on Disney property in a Disney hotel. I would like to stay in what would be considered a moderate over here, if that is even possible. Although, the idea of being able to use unlimited FP is really appealing. Would it be better for one of us to buy an AP over there for the discounts? I would prefer to not rent a car, but is this a mistake? Neither of us speaks even a drop of French...I hate that we will most likely be a bit lost due to the language barrier....maybe I can download a French primer off of Audible.com.

Does anyone know of a travel agent that was just awesome? For once, I think I might need one. I feel like I am as lost on this one as I was back in 2001 when I planned our first weekend at WDW. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the ramble. It's late and I hate it that I can't quite find an easy answer to any of my questions. Thanks. Maggie

best prices? disney direct, try the official site again and look for the fone number, call em up and see what they can offer you

Maggie, France is 6 hours ahead of Eastern time. So you will only land the following calendar day if you take off in the evening. Your best bet is a morning flight, but they are also possibly themost expensive, so you might have to be flexible. It's true that jet-lag is worse when you have flown east, which means you may be in a bit of a fog while at WDW - but who cares! You'll still have a fantastic time! I recommend the Sequoia Lodge. Price is moderate and it has the full quota of magic - walking distance to the parks, and a very nice walk at that. If you will visit parks for 3 or more days I definitely recommend that one of you buys an AP - the discounts at shops and restaurants (and at the hotel if you get a DREAM AP) will make it more than worth it! You will have no trouble at all with the language "barrier". My daughter and I went not knowing a word of French, and everyone spoke English gladly. No problem. Another thing I recommend since you are not a frequent traveler, is the Disney day trip to Paris. It leaves every day from the New York Hotel (5 minute walk from entrance to parks) and takes you to the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and some other major points of tourist interest. English speaking guides and commentary are included. My daughter and I really enjoyed it as a way to see Paris for the first time.
you will have a magical trip! Keep us informed as you make your decisions so we can live vicariously through you!
Jody

Thanks for all the input. I have no idea what we are doing yet, but at least I have some useful information. Maggie

we didn't like disneyland paris, but we were there...hmmm....i think it was 5 years ago, so maybe it's improved since then....(though i can't imagine how....the french will always be french..and europeans will always be pushy when standing in line....as if they ever stand in line....as you can see, we found the line-jumping to be annoying beyond words....after years of WDW, where people will line up even without a "line" to stand in.....but that's a cultural difference...americans stand in line.....europeans don't...
sorry....pet peeve.....after living in europe for the last 15 years, the line thing just GETS me...

but i guess if you've never been out of the USA, it would be a nice trip for you....and that day trip to paris sounds nice too.....paris is a beautiful city.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter