• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Never assigned a room

Madame

DIS Veteran
This is the 3rd reservation in a row that we haven’t been assigned a room number. It’s 1 am (late, delayed flight) & no email, no room on MDE. Have signed out/in.

Christmas, same thing. 9pm. No room. Had to call and they finally pushed the email. A renter last month-no room assigned. 2 different resorts - SSR & BCV, our HRs. I guess we have to divine when the room is ready from now on and keep checking the front desk. Any other members having this issue? Very frustrating when we really want to just crash.

We had an extended group with three different reservations last month. Room numbers came across in all three cases as expected.

There's gotta be something here I'm not getting. It's after midnight on the night AFTER you were supposed to have a room at 4:00? And you're not standing squarely on somebody's desk? I would have been there since 7:00-8:00. Maybe you're (were) still offsite at the airport now that I re-read it? Regardless, I'd be at the front desk as soon as I got there. No excuses after 4:00. That's what we pay dues for.

There's gotta be something here I'm not getting. It's after midnight on the night AFTER you were supposed to have a room at 4:00? And you're not standing squarely on somebody's desk? I would have been there since 7:00-8:00. Maybe you're (were) still offsite at the airport now that I re-read it? Regardless, I'd be at the front desk as soon as I got there. No excuses after 4:00. That's what we pay dues for.
We arrived on a very late delayed flight drw-mco. On the bus around 1:00am. The CM told me I hadn’t done checkin… umm yeah I did… I chose the latest possible time 11:59pm bc our flight was supposed to land at 11:33pm at mco.

After I explained I had indeed done checkin she kept us at the desk for 20 mins trying to issues us a keycard bc the system had been denying mbs at doors… couldn’t issue us a card bc after midnight they were doing something to it… mmmhmmm tell me again that *I* messed up not the crap system… it was after 2am 😴

This happened to me one time. I hadn't received a text with our room number and when I went to the front desk they told me it was because the credit card I had attached to my MDE app didn't work, which was true. I had to get a new card ( with a new number) and forgot to update it in the app. It has not happened again.

This happened to me one time. I hadn't received a text with our room number and when I went to the front desk they told me it was because the credit card I had attached to my MDE app didn't work, which was true. I had to get a new card ( with a new number) and forgot to update it in the app. It has not happened again.
Thanks! The cc definitely works (used it for breakfast). I’m thinking maybe my account is glitched 😬

I've had this issue before. It was because we had too many magic bands in our account. lol We've also had this happen with a credit card. The card was fine but somehow, even though it was on our account, their system didn't see it.

Their tech is so so bad. Make sure you're clicking every box for check in. You have to agree to the terms and service each time you go in there to check on it, for example. Sounds like for some reason the system doesn't like to save your check in info.

I've had this issue before. It was because we had too many magic bands in our account. lol We've also had this happen with a credit card. The card was fine but somehow, even though it was on our account, their system didn't see it.

Their tech is so so bad. Make sure you're clicking every box for check in. You have to agree to the terms and service each time you go in there to check on it, for example. Sounds like for some reason the system doesn't like to save your check in info.
Thanks! This could be our problem - too many bands. We have a lot. Maybe I’ll try deactivating some and see if that helps!

Oh yes - happened once and the issue was an active credit card and my credit card company was blocking because they thought it was suspicious. Called and cleared it up and never happened again.

Had trouble with Magic bands and getting into our room several times. We always only keep one active per person now (whichever we take on the trip). I also have had them clear the bands out of my account if I never plan on using them again. Did this a few years ago because there were about 15 I’d never use again, so I sent a list of all the bands I wanted to erase.

I have had it happen at BWV a few times, but we were there already.

I always list my arrival time an hour before I land, but never later than 4 pm when I do online check in, even if arriving later.

I am sorry it has happened so much. Do you get the text and email when you do the online check in? I just did mine for May and got the text saying they received it. I have had times where I did not, and made sure to do it again.

I have had it happen at BWV a few times, but we were there already.

I always list my arrival time an hour before I land, but never later than 4 pm when I do online check in, even if arriving later.

I am sorry it has happened so much. Do you get the text and email when you do the online check in? I just did mine for May and got the text saying they received it. I have had times where I did not, and made sure to do it again.
I know I got it in Dec but can’t specifically recall if I did this time. I’m wondering if all of the constant changes I made to those 2 reservations have gummed up the works. I dropped and added and changed and merged so many times. MDE was having difficulty syncing the changes too, so maybe that was an issue.

This was happening consistently to us until I complained to someone who actually helped. Whether the problem was phone or email or magic band I couldn't say but whatever it was, IT fixed it. You can ask for a cast member to contact IT and fix the situation.

SotS

This was happening consistently to us until I complained to someone who actually helped. Whether the problem was phone or email or magic band I couldn't say but whatever it was, IT fixed it. You can ask for a cast member to contact IT and fix the situation.

SotS
Thank you!!

We arrived on a very late delayed flight drw-mco. On the bus around 1:00am. The CM told me I hadn’t done checkin… umm yeah I did… I chose the latest possible time 11:59pm bc our flight was supposed to land at 11:33pm at mco.

After I explained I had indeed done checkin she kept us at the desk for 20 mins trying to issues us a keycard bc the system had been denying mbs at doors… couldn’t issue us a card bc after midnight they were doing something to it… mmmhmmm tell me again that *I* messed up not the crap system… it was after 2am 😴
If you were at the desk, why was there any conversation about online checkin? That’s just wasting your time. Focus on actually checking in.

I almost never got room ready notifications. I noticed that I had both test and email marked. I unmarked one of them, and now I get the notifications.

The problems with "too many MBs" in the database have long since remedied to the point that it's the equivalent of an "old wives' tale" now that just won't go away. This problem was remedied several years ago now.

I don’t think it was ever the issue. Removing MBs was a form of jiggling the handle, so to speak. Just doing something to shake it up, and that would help. If people has the same issues without lots of active bands, and they did, they would just digitally jostle something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter