NEVER AGAIN…

It was Hertz! I had joined their club but this was the first time renting since joining. I don’t know if it makes a difference but i used Autoslash to reserve the vehicle.

It was Hertz! I had joined their club but this was the first time renting since joining. I don’t know if it makes a difference but i used Autoslash to reserve the vehicle.
Autoslash doesn't make a difference but it being your first rental is why you had to go to the counter. They have to verify your DL and CC. If you were to use them again at MCO, your name would be up on the board in the garage with either a spot number or which aisle you can choose from. Last time I rented from Hertz at MCO it was 5 minutes from baggage claim to driving out with the car.

I'm with Hertz. I've been to some airports that have the "big board" telling you where to go, and I've also been to other airports that don't... you HAVE to go to the counter.
Avis at Tampa is like that. You don't have to wait in line at the counter but have to go to the garage to get processed on a much shorter line... ie: 4-5 people instead of 50-60.

Signing up for the rental company programs is easy and, from my experience, free. For Avis, I was able to sign up for the program at the same time I booked the car. Even if you are an occasional traveler and only rent every couple of years, using these programs is worth it.

Try Enterprise. Their lines are consistently reasonable. I've seen very long lines for the cheaper rental car companies, so I would avoid those.

I'm with Hertz. I've been to some airports that have the "big board" telling you where to go, and I've also been to other airports that don't... you HAVE to go to the counter.

What airport? Just because they don't have a big board doesn't mean you don't skip the checkin.

Outside the US is a different story and not really related to posts on this forum 99% of the time.

Shreveport, LA is the most recent. The keys were at the counter, NOT in the car. So how would you skip the check in?
Ah looked it up 7-9 total flights per day they likely rent very few rental cars. It's essentially lower volume than off site airports possibly.

Makes sense there. Haven't flown in to one of those before but makes sense now.

Did you have a Hertz Gold account before travel? I didn't have to go to the counter with my first rental and I think it was due to having a Gold account. I've used Autoslash every time for my Hertz rentals and entered my Gold account number when creating the reservation.

UGH! We reserved a vehicle through Autoslash with Dollar. Terminal C at MCO was awful. After 1.5 hours of the not so helpful employee telling us the manager had to approve the rental but she was over at Terminal AB and it would just be a few more minutes......we said forget it and took an Uber. Thankfully we did okay with Uber and probably ended up spending less but it was a disaster. This was April 2023.

After reading just a few posts here, please tell me the best way to rent a vehicle from MCO to Disney's Car Care Center, for just one day...and best rental agency (easiest to deal with) and how to make it all go smoothly? TIA

The only thing absolute with rental cars is that there are no absolutes.

As the other poster said, you have to use National/Alamo/Enterprise if dropping off at the Car Care Center. Info about hours etc at the CCC is at...
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/car-rental-services/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/car-care-center/

I tend to use Alamo more often for the times I'm dropping at or renting from the CCC. Be sure to fill up at the gas station right next door. Give yourself time; the new road/exit to the CCC is not quite as marked as I hoped it would be (as of last Feb) and can be slightly stressful. If you don't have to take the family/travel partners to dropoff, don't. IMO it's easier to drop off and then take the shuttle to the park or resort where your family/travel partners are. (that said, I always take my cousin because she wants to go)

No matter which agency you use of the three, sign up for their programs ahead of time and give them all the info they need, including credit card and drivers license information. That way you likely won't have to wait. And, frankly, even the couple times I thought I did need to wait, I just went outside anyway and they could help me there.

The only time recently I've had to go to the counter was renting a car in Fairbanks, AK in January. That airport was interesting, it's been a long time since I've been in such a small airport. Kind of nice and reminded me of a simpler time. No line though which was nice.

After reading just a few posts here, please tell me the best way to rent a vehicle from MCO to Disney's Car Care Center, for just one day...and best rental agency (easiest to deal with) and how to make it all go smoothly? TIA
We do this all the time with Alamo. Just keep in mind they are only open 7am-7pm. Never had any issues. We then pick up the a car with them the day before we fly home to get us back to the airport. The shuttles will take you back to your hotel (or park if you choose) and you call the day before to schedule a pick up time to return to pick up a car. I call them my personal uber lol.

…will i rent a vehicle from within the MCO terminals. We arrived last night - Terminal C. Waited in line for 1:40 for our reservation. After that was told they were closing and had to train it over to AB terminals. Went to B side and waited another 1:30 with 1 person working. Took a chance and left and walked over to the A side…literally walked right up and got my car. From now on…off property for me…cheaper and i am now guessing. QUICKER for a minor inconvenience!
Alamo has a “skip the counter” system where you can go straight to the lot if you give tehm your credit card and fill out some forms in advance online. That is the only company I will use at MCO now. A little more expensive, but well worth it.

We had a horrible experience late March with Dollar and our daughter did at the same time with Thrifty. We have never encountered employees that were as lazy at their job.

I would have bet money it was Budget. I’ve never seen lines worse than Budget at MCO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter