netgrocer question re delivery

ryguy1

Earning My Ears
I am considering using netgrocer to deliver some things to our hotel b/c we are travelling w/ DS 9 mos. and will have our hands full as it is!:D Can someone tell me how far ahead we need to order to make sure that our package arrives on the day that we do? Can you specify the exact day that you want it delivered if you order far enough ahead? Also, has anyone had any problems using this service? Thanks! Leslie

We've used netgrocer several times and usually try to allow a week for delivery. The only problem we've had (which luckily didn't turn out to be a problem at all) was last November when the delivery address on our packages was only half printed. I had tried to squeeze the resort name, my name and my arrival date into the shipping address but for some reason half of it was cut off. Our package went to the Boardwalk like it was supposed to, but the only part of my name showing was 'Jennifer'. Believe it or not, the staff at the BW figured it out and the boxes were waiting in our room when we checked in. Not sure what I'd do differently next time as far as netgrocer is concerned, but I'll definately call the resort ahead of time and have them make a notation on our reservation that we're expecting packages. That may have been what saved us with the shipping label mishap.

I use them about once a month at home & it's great! It's hard for me to lift cat litter & DH usually forgets to buy it so I have it shipped to the house.

My orders get here within 1-2 days, but I think that they are in NJ, like me.

Be sure to check for a coupon code. Dealhunting.com has a bunch you can use for free shipping!
:sunny:

Hey, thanks Gillian for the coupon tip-I'll have to check that site out!! :D Leslie

When I checked out, I was informed of a $19.50 charge for package handling. OUCH. I could not fight it while there, because My towncar was waiting. It just upset me, because I had called to inquire about a charge before ordering, and was told that there was none. I do plan on calling Monday morning.

$19.50?? wow! What hotel was that? I was told no charge at the Yacht club & will bring the email just in case. I could see a hotel charging if they wre holding a convention & received packages with booths & projectors for everyone staying there, but for a family? seems like a lot to me!

Has anyone checked Netgrocer's site out lately? I thought I read a month or so ago that they were going out of business.

Inky
158 days and counting (again)

Edited to add: I just went and checked their site out myself, and it's still up. Here's hoping it was all just a nasty rumor.

We stayed at Coronado Springs. We checked in Sat eve. and had to wait till Sunday morning to get the package, when the business office opened up. So don't pack anything you need right away just in case.

The charge was for package handling. $19.50.

I was bummed.

I'm sending another email. Maybe you can get your money back!

Everyone please use netgrocer so they stay in business!

Mady/Sophiemom - did you hear about a refund of the charges? I was told again that there is no charge for receiving packages at YC/BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter