• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Netflix’s “Cheer”

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
Anyone else watch it? I really enjoyed it. I liked the backstories, and how it showed how hard that they worked. It also showed how dangerous cheerleading really is. I hope they do another season, even though they probably won’t be able to capture the magic they had with the first season. I wish they would do something similar with dance.

I watched it I thought it was fairly good. I thought it got a little bit slow at times but it kept me interested until the end. I even watched cheer squad afterwards which is the same type show following a group in Canada. it was less compelling but I stuck with that to the end also.

I watched it, actually got my husband hooked too. I used to be a head cheerleader waaayy back in the day :cheer2:(not even remotely close to that talented), but it was fun to watch how far this sport has come. I would've loved being tossed around like the top fliers -- two slipped discs in my back prove I loved cheerleading!

The coach is hard, but you can tell she wants these kids to succeed in life. Love that she is giving them a chance. :love:

I'm on the 3rd episode. I've watched other types of these shows before but I appreciated their viewpoint here on this show.

I've enjoyed watching the different personalities and oh boy learning about how Jerry's life that boy has so much upbeat positive nature to him it's amazing.

I think the thing that caught me initially off guard is that it was about a Junior college because I feel like you don't normally hear much about them in these respects.

I watched it and was reminded of how thankful I was when DD quit cheer for dance. She was a flyer and my heart was a mess watching her.

Cheerleading is 100% a tough sport, this coming from a guy that played several years of football, add gymnastics to that list as well

I watched it and loved it. It did make me scared for my niece who is an all star cheerleader and each year her stunts get bigger and bigger. I’m a worry wart so it totally scares the crud out of me

I will admit that watching Cheer made me change my mind, cheer is definitely a sport.
It’s 100% different than the cheerleaders on the sidelines with their Pom Pom’s and the rah rah kicks lol
Yes it is.

I'm on the 3rd episode. I've watched other types of these shows before but I appreciated their viewpoint here on this show.

I've enjoyed watching the different personalities and oh boy learning about how Jerry's life that boy has so much upbeat positive nature to him it's amazing.

I think the thing that caught me initially off guard is that it was about a Junior college because I feel like you don't normally hear much about them in these respects.

Sadly, Jerry was arrested last year for sexual abuse of 2 14 yr old boys and has been in prison for it. He's had a sad life, this news was shocking. (I tried to attach an article about it, but don't think its being accepted, just google it if you're interested in the story)
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a38748855/jerry-harris-cheer-sexual-abuse-case-now/

Now there are a lot of young boys who will have a sad life too. After his arrest for his abuse of the two children, Harris allegedly admittedto the FBI that he had exchanged explicit photos over Snapchat with between 10 and 15 boys who he knew were minors, paid a 17-year-old to send him nude photos, and had sex with a 15-year-old at a cheerleading competition in 2019.

Season 2 is definitely differ than season 1. I binged them this week. There was a scene in season 1 that made me reuse my eyebrows about jerry, but then everything about him was so positive that I brushed it aside. His scandal and Covid really seemed to negatively affect the program.

I watched Season 2. I enjoyed it. No spoilers, but I was pleased with the season.

Yes, it was a gut punch to learn about Jerry. He was my favorite in season 1. I hope his victims get the help and support they need. I also wish for Jerry to get help too -- abusers like this typically were abused themselves.

I haven't watched it, but noticed the thread because someone else just recommended it to me earlier today. maybe I'll give it a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter