• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nervous about Cabana Bay...

We just got back from Cabana Bay 3 days ago and didn't see any of the issues other people are talking about. Our room was fabulous and super clean. We had the most gorgeous view of the pool and volcano bay out the window. Great time in the pool. Super friendly staff. We kept saying that it was so much better than Disney value resorts. YMMV

We just got back from Cabana Bay 3 days ago and didn't see any of the issues other people are talking about. Our room was fabulous and super clean. We had the most gorgeous view of the pool and volcano bay out the window. Great time in the pool. Super friendly staff. We kept saying that it was so much better than Disney value resorts. YMMV
Super happy to hear some good news on this - we're going in about 2 weeks and I have been hoping it would improve when the crowds let up a little. I hope the trend continues!

We were supposed to stay in a 2 bedroom suite at CBBR but couldn't take the risk of long food lines and check in. We changed at the last minute to a suite at Sapphire Falls. We checked in a little over a week ago on August 7th. When we told the bell hop our change of plans, he said we made the right decision and that they don't know "what's going on over there". Lol.
We have stayed in the 2 bedroom CBBR suite before and loved it but I must say that SF is much nicer than CBBR. Newer, quieter, more refined, boat access, and only a couple of minutes further from Volcano Bay on foot.
I'm glad that things are improving at CBBR but for our family, I would probably choose SF over CBBR from now on. The fact that there were such bad problems there that went on for weeks and weeks is a bad sign. I know it's staffing, and other hotels have suffered too, but I feel like it was much more profound at CBBR and there was an utter disregard for guest experience more so than at other hotels.
We have stayed at RP, Portofino, CBBR, and now SF, all post pandemic. I would rank SF second only behind Portofino. We really enjoyed it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter