Negatives of Disney Wish

Hello everyone - I have never been on a Disney cruise. I was planning to go with my 9 year old daughter in early March on a 3 night trip on Disney Wish leaving from Port Canaveral. However, I read on the forums that many people have negative reviews of Disney Wish. For those that have taken the Disney Wish, could you please let me know what you did not like about Wish. This cruise is a lot of $ so want to make sure I make the right decision.
We did a back to back on the Wish. The food was the worst of all the ships. If my wife hadn't mentioned I like Indian I would just had steak every night. The Lamb was the worst I've ever had. We don't eat pork or shellfish so it limited our dining.
The Mexican place was average. And the BBQ was ok for a short cruise.
Really miss the sandwiches the other ships have. What really disappointed us was no putt putt. And the sports are inside. Who wants to spend their cruise inside. I'm so disappointed that Disney is moving the fantasy out of the caribbean and utilizing the Wish. I can't imagine being stuck on it for another 7 nights.

We have been on the Wish 3 times -

The smaller movie theaters with 2 different movie showing times was nice as it allowed for some more flexibility in scheduling

Did not like the Bayou space or Luna Lounge as both are open and makes activities, relaxation hard in those spaces

Hyperspace Lounge is fine but not super exciting for us

We really liked Nighingales both during the day and at night

The food out on the pool deck was FANTASTIC and the best of the DCL line - It is the Festival of Foods which is great

We do like the MDR food in Marvel and 1923 but could care less for the MDR food in Arrendale.

Two of the MDR have loud dinner shows - some like some don't like. We were indifferent.

Deck 4 does not go all the way around so that was not a plus for us to do walking track

Adult pool area was HORRIBLE - more like a large adult hot tub than really an adult pool

Atrium/Lobby area is nice - stage in Atrium is also nice;

Just some of our thoughts....

The smaller movie theaters with 2 different movie showing times was nice as it allowed for some more flexibility in scheduling

Did not like the Bayou space or Luna Lounge as both are open and makes activities, relaxation hard in those spaces

The food out on the pool deck was FANTASTIC and the best of the DCL line - It is the Festival of Foods which is great

We do like the MDR food in Marvel and 1923 but could care less for the MDR food in Arrendale.

Two of the MDR have loud dinner shows - some like some don't like. We were indifferent.

Deck 4 does not go all the way around so that was not a plus for us to do walking track

Adult pool area was HORRIBLE - more like a large adult hot tub than really an adult pool

Pretty much agree with all of this. I'd also share on our Wish Cruises whenever I went into the theaters, they were pretty close to empty. May have just been nothing playing that interested folks.

I personally prefer Arendelle to WOM in terms of dining options. WOM had the worst meal on any of our cruises ever, but I think it may have been an off night in the kitchen more than anything. Lots of missteps were happening that meal beyond the really poorly made food.

I usually feel like pools on cruise ships have a very low bar, yet the Wish seems to somehow fall short even there - especially for the adults. I am not sure how they will be able to correct this issue ever, which is really disappointing.

Just to dwell on the pools for a second - they are not open late enough- especially the adult ones, they also should have at least one additional adult hot tub on the Wish.

We have yet to do the classic ships, but it does seem to me like the Magic offers more venues -at least based on the promotion videos I have seen - especially dance/club venues compared to the wish. With the possible exception of Luna and the silent parties, I don't think anywhere offers that kind of atmosphere. Then again, maybe that's how it started out and maybe Iger has stamped a lot of that stuff out over several dry-docks - I wouldn't know.

Hi we just got off the Wish, and agree with most of your points! Also no happy hour and no free snacks, Cove Cafe did not have pastries. No salads or lighter meals on pool deck. The ship is beautiful and kid areas looked great and I think the ship is targeting first time cruisers with young families. Must say the staff was great! We are Platinum have sailed on all 5 ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter