Needing help making a decision on visiting a Park

HeartofMagic83

Earning My Ears
Hello Guys! I am new to DISboards and could use some input,

As a gift for my birthday, that was in June, my husband is fulfilling a dream of mine and that is a Solo trip to Disney! I am super stoked!! I am flying in on a Friday and leaving Sunday. It is no question that I'm spending the entire day of that Saturday at the Magic Kingdom.

Here is where I am a bit torn. Originally I had planned on spending the afternoon at the Magic Kingdom that Friday. My flight lands at 11:15 a.m. If everything, hopefully, goes according to plan I should be able to arrive at the Park no later than 3:00pm. I have been to the Magic Kingdom a decent amount of times. My last trip was a family trip back in Feb.2017. I have never Visited Hollywood Studios and I am debating if I should spend that Friday evening there since I am spending the full day Saturday at the Magic Kingdom.

Hopefully you guys can help me decide what I should do!

Hello Guys! I am new to DISboards and could use some input,

As a gift for my birthday, that was in June, my husband is fulfilling a dream of mine and that is a Solo trip to Disney! I am super stoked!! I am flying in on a Friday and leaving Sunday. It is no question that I'm spending the entire day of that Saturday at the Magic Kingdom.

Here is where I am a bit torn. Originally I had planned on spending the afternoon at the Magic Kingdom that Friday. My flight lands at 11:15 a.m. If everything, hopefully, goes according to plan I should be able to arrive at the Park no later than 3:00pm. I have been to the Magic Kingdom a decent amount of times. My last trip was a family trip back in Feb.2017. I have never Visited Hollywood Studios and I am debating if I should spend that Friday evening there since I am spending the full day Saturday at the Magic Kingdom.

Hopefully you guys can help me decide what I should do!

It's really hard for me to say, since I don't know when you are going, but I would go to Animal Kingdom and check out the new Pandora stuff. If you are staying on-site they have been having extra magic hours in the evenings.

I do love HS at night, and usually try to be there one evening. I am a big Tower of Terror Fan, have never seen the Star Wars evening show so plan to this trip. If you have never been it could be worthwhile also.

Thank you for your response! I also thought about checking out the Animal Kingdom's Pandora. I will arrive September 8, 2017 and fly back out on the 10th. Oh my goodness!! So many fun choices!!

It's a solo trip. Go where you want!

I'd hit up Epcot or AK the first night there. DHS is a construction zone, so if you have a hopper and have something specific to do, go, do it and leave. Otherwise, I'd stick with the other 3.

This is great advice! I had no idea that HS is a construction zone at the moment. This information is helping me in narrowing down just what I want to do. Thanks a lot!

I would say go check out pandora -- but you're going to have a hard time getting a FP for flights of passage. If you're fine with the Na'vi river journey as your FP, then it might be worth checking out. Sample itinerary would be to do dinosaur (FP), everest (single rider line), safari (FP), festival of the lion king, na'vi river journey (FP), tour pandora land at night, and go check out the lighting of the tree and possibly the new night show (rivers of light).

I personally love DHS -- Tower of terror, aerosmith ride, star tours, toy story, star tours, and the fireworks. At the end of the night -- catch the boat ride and tour the boardwalk area for an hour or so, and then cap the evening off with a big bowl of ice cream at beaches and cream. If staying onsite -- you'll probably want to use an uber to get to your resort, since there are no direct resort to resort buses. It'd only be like $5-10.

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the sweet tips!

I have decided to tour Animal Kingdom. Mainly checking out Pandora, and my itinerary looks looks very similar to what you have suggested, minus the boardwalk. I want to be well rested for my Saturday trip to the magic kingdom!

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the sweet tips!

I have decided to tour Animal Kingdom. Mainly checking out Pandora, and my itinerary looks looks very similar to what you have suggested, minus the boardwalk. I want to be well rested for my Saturday trip to the magic kingdom!

Glad to help!

Animal Kingdom is the way to go, I think you made the right decision for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter