Needed: cut-out sugar cookie recipe that doesn't taste like ....

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
a member of the cardboard family!! Every one I have tried so far just comes out tasting SOOO bland and blah!

Anyone have a fool-proof recipe to share?

Thanks!

If you have a sweet tooth, I've tried these a number of times:

Sugar Cookies (for cut-outs)
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup margarine or butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg
2-1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar

Mix sugar, margarine, vanilla, almond extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm. Heat oven to 375F. roll half of dough 1/4-inch thick on floured surface. Cut desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie shees. Bake 7-9 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Decorate. Makes 5 dozen.

I think I omited the almond extract, but can't say for certain. For some reason I think that I rolled the dough out to less than 1/4-inch, more like 1/8.

Thanks for the recipes! :) Want to try to make them with my 3 yr. old granddaughter when she comes to spend the night next week.. Thought she would get a kick out of that.. Will let her take them home to her mommy & daddy - as well as her other set of grandparents - and I didn't want them to end up tasting nasty - ha!

I made the butter cookies. They turned out yummy. We decorated with sugar before I put them in the oven. Kids had fun. Thanks!

post!!!! I have the same problem!! I will have to try the recipes too!!!
CAnn I bet your GD...will love making cookies sounds like fun!!!
Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter