• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

needed - BLT advice

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
My DD21 and I will be going to WDW in Feb. 2014 for the PHM :banana:. I hope to get a villa at the 7 month mark at BLT. I am debating between a studio and a 1 bdrm for 4 nights (two of which will be Friday and Saturday nights). I don't want to use a great deal of points for a trip for the two of us but... Right now it's between MK view studio or standard 1 bdrm. The studio is much less points than the 1 bdrm but I really like that there are two sleeping areas, 2 bathrooms and I can wake up early for my coffee without disturbing her if she takes the bedroom.

We will be eating breakfast and, possibly, another meal in the room so I didn't know if the studio "kitchen" is really like an extension of the bathroom which sounds gross for meal prep. The tub area sounds small.

Does anyone have any photos to share of the inside of the studios?

Which would you choose - view or (luxury) size? And do you think we will have a problem at 7 months out booking?

Thanks!
Debbie

You most likely will not get a standard anything at BLT at 7 months, even Lake View studios are hard to come by on the weekends...BUT...the kitchen in BLT Studio is a galley kitchen...still only a microwave, but plenty of room to prepare food and keep groceries. I take my tea out to the balcony to wait for sleepyheads to wake up.

Take s look st the BLT view thread I am fairly certain there are photos of the inside of rooms as well as the views on the thread. I agree that it is highly doubtful you will have a chance at a standard room at the 7 month mark. I have trouble getting them if I call in a day late at 11 months.

As mentioned the BLT studio has a galley kitchen and is more like a room itself which is why the living area is smaller.

The bathroom is a bit tight and has the vanity in the bathroom; so tub, sink and toilet all together.

Agree standard rooms are difficult to come by. We own at BLT and have really come to love that category booking that more often than the others at our 11 month window. Of course you could get lucky and there is always the WL as well.

When it is only two people we go with a studio. For us we like to conserve our points. DH and I have stayed in a BLT standard studio and we enjoyed it. Many don't like the BLT studios due to the smaller living area, but for us it was fine.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for all the replies and advice! :thumbsup2 I appreciate the heads up about the standard villas. Do you know how hard it will be to get the studio with the MK view?

I guess for backup, I will think about SSR so that we can walk to DTD or maybe AKV for something new and different. We've stayed at BWV, OKW and VWL. We are really thinking of only going to MK this trip, since it will be just the two of us and we are really there for the PHM ;)

Thanks for all the replies and advice! :thumbsup2 I appreciate the heads up about the standard villas. Do you know how hard it will be to get the studio with the MK view?

I guess for backup, I will think about SSR so that we can walk to DTD or maybe AKV for something new and different. We've stayed at BWV, OKW and VWL. We are really thinking of only going to MK this trip, since it will be just the two of us and we are really there for the PHM ;)

MK views & standard view villas at BLT are the hardest to get because there are fewer of those views combined than there are of lake views. There are lake view villas with partial MK views. We had a lake view 1br that had a nice view of space mountain with a slight turn of your head. We were able to watch Wishes from our balcony one night. I won't say that you won't be able to get a room at 7 months out, but standard and MK views will be the hardest to come by.

We enjoyed our standard studio in early January. We happened to get a MK view (well it was really a parking lot view) with a terrific view of the castle still lit up for Christmas. Liked it so much we booked another standard studio for Sept.

Just a heads up on SSR and walking to DTD. The walkway is due to close soon if it hasn't already.

MK views & standard view villas at BLT are the hardest to get because there are fewer of those views combined than there are of lake views. There are lake view villas with partial MK views. We had a lake view 1br that had a nice view of space mountain with a slight turn of your head. We were able to watch Wishes from our balcony one night. I won't say that you won't be able to get a room at 7 months out, but standard and MK views will be the hardest to come by.

Good point! I'm sure we'd be happy with a lake view, too, and I really want to stay at BLT this trip - so I hope there's something available.

Here are studio pictures from May that show a bit of both the bathroom and the kitchenette:

Bathroom sink:
p1594203750-5.jpg

p1594206480-5.jpg

And a view into the bathroom from a stay prior to the remodel but it shows the space in the studio bathroom. The sink is now to the right of the door and wouldn't be visible in this shot.

p723068713-4.jpg

Kitchenette:

p1594239608-5.jpg

p1594209018-5.jpg

p1594209926-5.jpg

Since they shifted the bathroom sink from the kitchen area to the bathroom I think it is far more functional and no longer has the yuck factor.

As noted getting standard view anything at BLT will likely be difficult. You should have a decent chance for a studio, MK view. Personal view is that lake view is as good as and actually better than MK view. Nevertheless, there is another option you might want to consider: a standard or lake view studio of Villas at the Grand Floridian, which studios are much larger than the ones at BLT and have separate shower and tub. During these early stages of sales, you should have a good chance for either of those 7 months out because DVD has declared into DVC inventory 75% of the resort while actual sales are still well below that meaning for the time being, the resort may be fairly easy to get at 7 months out, including for time in February.

As noted getting standard view anything at BLT will likely be difficult. You should have a decent chance for a studio, MK view. Personal view is that lake view is as good as and actually better than MK view. Nevertheless, there is another option you might want to consider: a standard or lake view studio of Villas at the Grand Floridian, which studios are much larger than the ones at BLT and have separate shower and tub. During these early stages of sales, you should have a good chance for either of those 7 months out because DVD has declared into DVC inventory 75% of the resort while actual sales are still well below that meaning for the time being, the resort may be fairly easy to get at 7 months out, including for time in February.

Thanks! I will definitely check into this availability!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter