Need yummy dessert recipe for BBQ potluck

jiminyC_fan

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

I need a new recipe for a dessert. My DH's work is having a BBQ potluck and he signed up for a dessert. I am tired of the same old, same old. Anyone have a good one to share?

Thanks!

Mandarin Cake

yellow cake mix (no pudding)
3 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, with juice
Frosting
1 (9 ounce) container Cool Whip
1 package instant vanilla pudding
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice

12 servings 1 nine x thirteen cake Change size or US/metric
Change to: nine x thirteen cake US Metric

Mix all cake ingredients together in stand mixer and beat.
(If mixing by hand, make sure oranges are broken up) Pour into greased cake pan and bake 30-35 minutes at 325 degrees.
Cool cake before frosting.

Frosting
Mix together (with spoon) Cool Whip, dry pudding mix, vanilla and pinapple, w/juice.
Spread on cake; can serve right away, or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

I tried making this cake for Easter and it turned out very well. It was fluffy and not to sweet, so easy to eat.
You could also make an apple or peach cobbler.

Here's one I did for a recent BBQ we went to. It was so scrumptious, that it was the first dessert gone!

Pistachio Eclair Dessert

3 C. cold milk
1 pkg (3.4 oz) instant pistachio pudding mix
1 pkg (3.4 oz) instant french vanilla pudding mix
1 carton Cool Whip, thawed
1 pkg. graham crackers
1 tub chocolate frosting

In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in Cool Whip. In a 13 X 9 baking dish, layer a third of the graham crackers and top with half the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining graham crackers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Spoon frosting into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until softened, stirring once. Spread over graham crackers. Chill for at least 20 minutes or until frosting is set.

Enjoy! We do!

jiminyC_fan said:
Oh my gosh, that sounds heavenly, Glynis!! Thanks so much!!!!

It is really yummy! I've got others, too, if you want more desserts!

Ok, but remember, you asked for it! Desserts are my passion!

Chcolate Chip CookiePizza

1 tube chocolate chip cookie dough
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/3 C. sugar
2 C. cold half and half cream
1 pkg. (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
1/4 C. chopped pecans or walnuts

Press cookie dough onto an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 13-16 minutes or until center is set and cookie is lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes; gently run a flexible metal spatula under crust to loosen. Cool completely. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Spread over crust. In a bowl, whisk cream and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Spread over cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate until serving.

Glazed Lemon Cake

1 pkg. white cake mix
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) instant lemon pudding mix
3/4 C. vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 C. lemon-lime soda
1 C. powdered sugar
2 Tbs. lemon juice

In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil and eggs; beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Gradually beat in soda. Pour into greased 13X9 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in the center. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth; carefully spread over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack.

Berries 'N Cream Brownies

1 pkg. fudge brownie mix (13X9 size)
1 carton Cool Whip, thawed
4 C. quartered fresh strawberries
1/3 C. chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping

Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions, using a greased 13X9 baking dish. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread whipped topping over brownies. Arrange strawberries cut side down over top. Drizzle with chocolate topping. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Lemon Angel Cake

1 C. heavy whipping cream
1 Tbs. confectioner's sugar
1 can lemon pie filling
1 prepared angel food cake

In a small mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Place pie filling in a bowl; fold in whipped cream. Split cake into 2 horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with 1 C. lemon mixture. Top with second cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining lemon mixture. Chill for 15 minutes or until serving. Refrigerate leftovers.

Enjoy! Let me know if you want more!

I have one for you--a family favorite and it serves a crowd.
Punch Bowl Cake
1 choc. cake mix, baked per pkg. directions in a 9x13 in. pan and cooled
2 large pkg. choc. instant pudding, prepared per pkg. directions
6 Heath candy bars, broken into small pieces
1- 12 oz. tub Cool-Whip
Cut the cake into chunks about 2inx2in. Place 1/3 into the bottom of a large glass bowl--I use a punch bowl. Spread 1/2 the pudding over the cake, cover with some of the cool-whip, sprinkle with some of the candy bars. Repeat, ending with cake. Spread Cool-Whip over the top and seal all the way to edge of bowl. Cover tightly and put into fridge overnight.
Very yummy and easy.
We have used peanut butter cups and snicker bars too for variety. :stir:

Oh my. I hit a jackpot on this thread! I will go look for something to post for you guys. Thanks for your ideas!

Ok, I'm back. This is what I came up with:

Cherry Cake
1 cup margarine melted in a 13X9
2 eggs
white or yellow cake mix (plus 3T flour for high altitude)
Mix together, bring up a little on the sides.
Spread 1 can cherry pie filling in the middle, almost to the sides
Sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
Bake 350 for 55 minutes, glaze if desired.

Hey, does anyone have any good rhubarb recipes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter