Need your opinions on the following excursions

strasfamily

DIS Veteran
Hubby says "lets wait and book our excurions on the cruise". I am trying to tell him we can't wait until then if we want to do what we want.

Anyway, please give me opinions (good and bad) on the following excursions:

St Maarten: See and Sea Island Tour, Under 2 Flags Island Tour

St Thomas: Doubloon Sail and Snorkel Tour, St. Thomas Island Tour

Our 5 year old daughter will be with us, so that is why I am sticking to the tour-type excursions.

Thanks!

Originally posted by strasfamily

St Maarten: Under 2 Flags Island Tour

Thanks!

We did this tour a couple of years ago and you are on a bus that takes you through both sides of the island, Dutch and French, which is about 3 hours long with various stops for photos and to stretch. You will make a stop on the French side for about a 45 minute break to where you can shop or get a bite to eat. If you're going to shop though, I would stick to the Dutch side as it is very expensive on the French.....Andy

We did the See & Sea excursion last year and it was ok.

You take a bus tour which is very informative (at least our driver was) and then you take a glass bottom boat ride. You go down these steps into the bottom of the boat that has benches. A lot of people had to go up because it is very enclosed and they were ready to get sick.

We saw some cool stuff, especially when the diver fed the fish.

All in all I'd say it was worth the money.

Patti

We took the See and Sea tour and I thought it was good. Got a nice view of both sides of the island and we enjoyed the boat ride. Having a diver go in and feed the fish and run them past every window means everyone gets to see some. I think it is a good tour for families.

Does anyone else have opinions on the other excursions?

What about waiting to book until we are on the ship?

Thanks.

Originally posted by strasfamily
What about waiting to book until we are on the ship?

If you know definitely what you want to do, I would book in advance to insure you get in.....if your unsure, then wait till you get on board to get more info and hopefully that excursion is not full.....Andy

I have no personal experience with this, but I've been researching the same excursions. I have read that the Doublloon fills up very quickly and if we decide to do it, we will definitely book it at the 60 day mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter