Need your opinion!

Kathy C

Mouseketeer
We just made our first reservations at DVC for May 2002. The reservations are for a studio. My son and his girlfriend are planning to come. Her parents may not allow her to come so my son wouldn't go either. When we go, they will be almost 21 and 20 respectively. We didn't want to get a one bedroom because there's a chance they may not go and we don't utilize the kitchen when we're there.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about them sleeping in the same bed. My question is (stupid as it sounds) is there room for a single air matress for one of them to sleep on. Sounds crazy I know, but I'd appreciate any info.

I definately would not feel comfortable with them sleeping together in the same room with me.

I know that the 1 bedrooms are twice the points of a studio, but that is what I would do.....or you could book 2 studios and if they don't go you could cancel one.....you have until 30 days before arrival to cancel.
2 studios would be the same amt of points as a 1 BR.
Good luck!!

I agree about not staying in the same room. I do think there would be enough room for an air mattress in a studio. It will be cramped, but it would solve the problem.

There's plenty of room for an air mattress, and during the day it'll slide right under one of the beds.

There is room for an air mattress, and we have done this on occasion--sons don't really like to sleep together. Or, you could do a guys and girls thing--you and she share, son and husband share. Just personal, but I would never let my 22 yr. old daughter bring her boyfriend and expect to share a bed--they know that in my house, and on my "dollar" that's a definite no-no.

:p

Thanks for the replies! An air mattress it will be! We really don't want to spend the extra points for a one bedroom next year, and really we won't be in the room except to sleep.

If it's OKW, you should be fine. If It's BWV or WLV, might be a little tight.

oh come now all of you....the solution is simple...Make the boy sleep in the bathtub!!!!.....get a jar of marbles, and any time after bed time he exits the bathroom...pelt him with a marble....I think you could definetly sell this plan to the parents of this young lady :)

Takes care of ALL the problems, and you gain an additional bathroom in the process... And if they don't show you just cancel.

I agree--if you don't use the kitchen, the one-bedroom's value decreases considerably.
Nick

We stayed in a studio at BWV with two extras (my mom and brother) last year. My mom took the bed and my brother made a bed on the floor each night and folded it all up each morning. It worked great and we all had plenty of room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter